LPSG T-Shirt Idea

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rob_E, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Rob_E

Staff Member Administrator

What if there was an LPSG Official Member t-shirt. Would you buy it?

As this site continues to grow, it continues to cost more money to operate. I currently have tens of thousands of dollars invested in equipment and bandwidth, in adddition to the cost of the website itself.

I've worked hard to keep this a free site, for the most part. The Gold Membership option really only benefits those who make use of the gallery (also those using the most bandwidth), but many upgrade to Gold Membership simply to support the site.

I know that many of you find this site valuable, and would support the site if asked to do so.

The idea that I had was to have a t-shirt made that could be sold to members and/or given to those who upgrade to Gold Membership, or discounted... or something.

Anyway, I was thinking of a simple design, but something that folks would actuall wear. Maybe two shirts, one that is for Official Members, and another for Official Supporters.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were walking down the street and saw someone wearing an LPSG shirt?

Around 15,000 to 20,000 different people visit this site every day. The majority just read and/or look at the photos. Whereas only a few hundred contribute the majority of the site's written content. Perhaps a t-shirt promotion would be a way for the "lurkers" to give back to the site, and also get something in return.

The shirts cost $10-$15 for good quality, and I figured on a price of $20-$30, and, as mentioned above, perhaps a way to work it in with Gold Membership.

Anyway, attached is a photo of what I'm talking about. Please provide some feedback, criticism, etc.

Thanks,

Rob

Attached Files:

2. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Love your idea Rob. I'd definately buy one or two. Could you also provide one better suited to a woman's shape for all of us ladies who love this site?

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd but one too, and could you make the sleeves "ringer type"? Gay men like them cuz they show their biceps better

4. hungCTdrummer

hungCTdrummer New Member

5. rubberwilli

rubberwilli Member

Albums:
    I'd buy one...but this raises a question as well.

LPSG seems to be a rather low key thing and people tend to stumble onto it rather than find it from any mass marketing efforts.

Would members walking around with LPSG T-Shirts balloon the membership or cause enough questions that the board would suffer from increased membership and those who are just the curiosity seekers?

(Trying to see all sides of this...it's the Board President coming out in me...ugh.)

6. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Valid point. I stumbled on to this site while looking for good support bras!

7. bobboy

bobboy New Member

You really shouldn't have to spend as much hosting this site.
    It only just needs a dedicated server.

8. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I want my T-shirt!!!

9. Gisella

Gold Member

I would find more cool and wear it if it was a boyshort or panties...but sure I would buy the t-shirt to help with the costs.

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I don't drink T but I'd get one anyway.

11. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's a good idea too, Gisella. Maybe there should be a whole line of underwear or leisure wear...

12. love2showoff

love2showoff New Member

Albums:
    yeah throw in some boxers with an fly that is a lil larger and I'm there...I'll buy anything, to support you guys. But keep it discreet so if people say what is that we can tell them or not!!!

13. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    I'd get one... how about having the member/supporter on the back as not to deter from the LPSG. Making people wonder if you are a member or a supporter.
    I don't necessarily think there should be any discount as it is going to a worthy cause.

14. digitalhunk007

That would be a great idea Rob_E! Just like what hungCTdrummer suggested, Cafepress would be a good start to design t-shirts for LPSG.

Speaking of t-shirts, I'm currently designing adult oriented t-shirts on my own shop on Cafepress. I don't think that I'd market my adult t-shirts on LPSG, but since I spend so much time here on this forum, I wouldn't mind passing out the link to people who would be interested.

I already have two collection lines already being marketed toward 20-some year old guys: Muscle Stud University and Sexy Jock. I'm still testing the waters with my shop¬óbut if things get going good, I'll be producing more designs.

If LPSG had a CP shop, I'm sure it would be a great success. After all, this site DOES have a lot of members...not to mention all the unique visitors that it gets on a daily basis. :cool:

15. GoneA

Gold Member

Would sooooooo buy one.

16. lilpeewee

lilpeewee Member

You could do various styles with differrent slogans such as:

LPSG
    All cock no bull!

Or

Hi i'm Juan hung Dewd

Size IS everything!

I have many more but all equally as shit as those I listed lol

17. B_Josh24NH

B_Josh24NH New Member

I would buy one or two.

And two thoughts from reading this as a newbie.

1. Rob asked about a specific idea. Why do people not discuss that but instead discuss other items of apparel?

2. Similar sites like this make money by charging for extra features such as chat. I know of several which have tiered levels. One level is free and offers access to minimal features. Another offers access to more forum areas, photos, videos, video on demand. A higher level includes access to live chat, more membership photos and galleries of others.

Some of the "live" model sites have a basic membership fee which allows someone to see a small image of the person working. You can pay more to see a larger image. Another fee for seeing multiple images of the model. There's a moderate fee to access live chat with the model and others.

Consider charging for access to certain premium features.

18. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm sold whatever they end up looking like.

Some suggestions.

Find a selection of tasteful slogans from the LPSG_SLOGANS thread and let the membership vote on them in a poll. I think the slogan should be large and cryptic with the LPSG in small print at the bottom if not as a small patch on the back between the shoulderblades.

I'd leave the .org off the shirt to avoid the kind of waves we get when a certain program is aired, but then how many people actually log on to sites they read off a t-shirt?

I wouldn't bother with the discounts for gold members, I think we'd all be so tickled to have one of these shirts that none of us would quibble over a few dollars.

Likewise I'm not sure having two different shirts for members and supporters is a good idea. Do you really want to have to photo verify each person to determine if they have what it takes to "officially" be a member rather than a supporter? Where would the cut-off be?

While a full line of items is a nice idea, it would incur an additional cost to order so many varied items in a range of sizes that might end up being warehoused indefinitely. That would defeat the purpose of raising money to keep the site running smoothly. I think shirts are a good way to go, hats would also be simple as they are usually one size fits all.

19. Gisella

Gold Member

Well...I have to say that I gave a suggestion beyond the specific original ideia because I would wear a boyshort in "public" but not the t-shirt...:wink:

20. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

I work a lot out of China, Rob - I could help you out sourcing stuff. PM me if you wish to discuss.

Big Cock Keyfob

You could even do a range of condoms :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted