LPSG. Top of the Pops!! Rate yyour top 10 LPSG ladies then your top 10 men

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
I'm very curious. I've asked this question ad nauseum on this board, and have never gotten an answer. Tirades and threats, but never an answer. I ask again:

If you have no interest in the subject of the thread, why do you read it, and even more to the point, why do you feel compelled to post in it?

"Grumpy Old Men" was a highly profitable franchise in the movie theatres. I think this is the internet message board version.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh, I'm aware of it....but it's still nice to be recognized...then again, I'm okay with being a nerd :wink: it's really no biggie, which is why I was candid with my remark....

big dirigible said:
Be aware of the inconvenient truth that if you must resort to lists to show that you're one of the cool kids, then you can be pretty sure that you ain't.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
I'm very curious. I've asked this question ad nauseum on this board, and have never gotten an answer. Tirades and threats, but never an answer. I ask again:

If you have no interest in the subject of the thread, why do you read it, and even more to the point, why do you feel compelled to post in it?

I disagree with the purpose of this thread, and have an opinion, which I stated very succinctly. I think that I made my point without taking up much space.

How many posts have there been in this thread claiming injured pride or hurt feelings? Even if those responses were tongue-in-cheek, there's likely some truth to them.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rob_just_rob said:
I disagree with the purpose of this thread, and have an opinion, which I stated very succinctly. I think that I made my point without taking up much space.

How many posts have there been in this thread claiming injured pride or hurt feelings? Even if those responses were tongue-in-cheek, there's likely some truth to them.
Rob, I didn't make any mention of claims of injured pride or hurt feelings. I was plainly and simply responding to comments in this thread, and countless others, where some of the comments amount to "We have discussed this enough. Please stop posting." or "I disagree with your reasons for starting this thread" (and please contrast that statement with "I disagree with your position on this topic") or any other similar. What I am trying to understand is why anyone would take the time to post "I have no interest in your thread", which to me, indicates that there actually IS some interest, whether positive or negative, there is interest. I am trying to understand why one member would say "this has been discussed to my satisfaction, so you should be satisfied too. Please stop."

Is it not just simply easier to skip over those threads? I am truly trying to understand the logic here. And I have asked these questions before. And I have never gotten an answer that makes any sense (Daverock, your answer does make sense, but even at that, you weren't posting to say that the OP should not have started the thread, you simply explained why you posted in a topic that you ordinarily would not... big difference).

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
DC, are you saying that your post of 13:48 was not directed at me? If so, please excuse my quoting it in mine of 14:18.

My point is not that these threads have been discussed enough already, or that I have no interest in this thread. My point is that this thread is a popularity contest. I disagree with popularity contests/"rate-me" threads because they can often lead to hurt feelings or a sense that one's contribution isn't valued.

It would be a little ironic, in light of my stance on discrimination, if I wasn't opposed to this attempt to put people in "good/bad" boxes.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rob_just_rob said:
DC, are you saying that your post of 13:48 was not directed at me? If so, please excuse my quoting it in mine of 14:18.

My point is not that these threads have been discussed enough already, or that I have no interest in this thread. My point is that this thread is a popularity contest. I disagree with popularity contests/"rate-me" threads because they can often lead to hurt feelings or a sense that one's contribution isn't valued.

It would be a little ironic, in light of my stance on discrimination, if I wasn't opposed to this attempt to put people in "good/bad" boxes.
My post was NOT directed at you, rob. If it had been, I would have quoted you.

I understand your reasoning. It absolutely is a popularity contest and flirt-a-thon. I'm no big fan of popularity contests, but the again, I've never had any use for being popular, nor for peer-pressure/peer acceptance. I derive my own self-worth intrinsically, not extrinsically. It may be interesting to note: In the myriad popularity-contest-threads, I do not recall a single one in which I was mentioned. It hurts my feelings about as badly as if someone says "our atmosphere is mostly nitrogen." It just simply does not matter. Some members have fun with this sort of thing, and if it hurts another's feelings, that's a self-esteem issue that needs to be addressed elsewhere. I say let 'em flirt and play. And I think my posts speak to my stance on discrimination... but also, my posts speak to people who are so fragile that omission from a "favorite" list does damage to their psyche. I'm honest, I'm kind, but I'm also blunt.

P. S. If you notice, I neither chastised any of the listers, nor posted a list of my own. That should tell you something.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In no particular order.

Men

The guy with the big cock
Stronzo

Women

Spladle
40 something 10
30 something 10
The Manicure
Hermic Ecstasy
Kick Ass Wings
Erases
The Mind
The Babe
Perfect Pussy

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh? Could have fooled me!! Machines don't talk. Do I have to say it again? Your a slow learner baby....c'mon, do better!!!

yorksguyuk said:
Pardon.....

Im no tool.I'm a machine!!!! And dont forget that!

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Aren't you clever and adorable.

Lordpendragon said:
In no particular order.

Men

Stronzo

Women

Spladle
40 something 10
30 something 10
The Manicure
Hermic Ecstasy
Kick Ass Wings
Erases
The Mind
The Babe
Perfect Pussy

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
As someone whose last three of four threads have been "popularity contests", and have served as an an oppurtunity for me to become one of the "cool kids":rolleyes:, I have something to say!

DC_deep, I agree entirely with what you have to say! I had just went offline last night when Stronzo posted his reply, but am subscribed to threads in which I post, so I got it in an e-mail while checking out another site. I was going to log back in to post my own reply, but decided to go to sleep instead. I will go ahead and post it now, and instead direct it to three posters now:

Stronzo, big_dirigible and Daverock,

If you don't like a certain thread or its content, why can't/or don't you just shut the FUCK up, butt out of it, and start (or stick with, in the case of Stronzo and Daverock), your own hideous threads?:eek::mad:

Also, Daverock, I thought that my The Best (Or Your Favorite) Usernames thread, was a "GOOD" thread?:wink::tongue:
Now I wonder what you (Daverock) meant by that!:confused:

Clearly, the opposite of hijacked flespile threads are hijacked SHITPILE threads! Why can't all you assholes just stick to areas that YOU like and leave the rest of us "nerds" and wannabe "cool kids" alone?:rolleyes::biggrin1::mad:

I always wonder why people who think they are so much better than everybody else (here, in their own countries, and around the world), never can seem to be okay in keeping their own percieved high regard for themself, to THEMSELVES... by SHUTTING THE FUCK UP!:mad:

This is a site for much more than talking about big dicks and flirting, but it IS about that! As well as being about all the REST that goes on here! This is a big world and this certainly is a big enough site to encompass what we ALL want from it AND what we want for it to be! Like I said above, if you don't like something, start your OWN threads to stimulate what it is that YOU are looking to talk about!

Quit SHITTING all over those who you find to be less than, or beneath you!:wink::mad:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I already answered your first question in reponse to DC Deep (Regarding why I replied).

There is a difference between passing comment on a user name and voting for popularity. You can like a user name without even knowing much about the poster.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
agnslz -- you can't really post a thread and then expect everyone to love it. And you (and anyone else) can't truly control people posting their opinions on a given topic. Anyone is free to post here (or not). If you put it out there, it is fair game, especially in the ETC section of the board.

All that being said, cursing someone out because they think a thread is not the best idea is uncalled for. Chill out, please.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lex said:
agnslz --

All that being said, cursing someone out because they think a thread is not the best idea is uncalled for. Chill out, please.
I have to second this wholeheartedly.

Although various posters may sometimes joke around here with name-calling, that tends to be within certain acknowledged limits based on dialog that has formed between posters already (such as referring to a certain Ohio babe as a 'cunt-breathing dragon'). It is playful for the most part.

Your post, on the other hand, agnslz, read like an out-and-out flaming of a few posters who happen to find 'popularity' threads disingenuous to the purpose of a support group, since they inevitably lead to making some people feel 'left out' when they aren't mentioned, or else give the impression of certain cliques of posters who are 'in'.

Which is why I too generally avoid these threads like the plague (and talking of the plague, it's as though an 'appreciation thread' plague has broken out around here right now). If someone wishes to disagree with the basic intent of a thread, then that is their prerogative, without their needing to be responded to with a cavalcade of expletives.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:

DC we're all 'compelled' to read everything on here that catches the eye. It's like the proverbial car wreck... you know you shouldn't look but somehow you do nonetheless.

The reason I wrote the one post I did previous to this one on this thread is to state my discomfort with these sorts of threads being instigated. I don't like the "In praise of Faceking" or "back.sliden appreciation thread" (by example) either. I think they serve a purpose which alienates posters from one another and that they're sophomoric in intent in the first place. They only serve to divide.

That's why this thread's author made that recent outrageous post. He didn't want anyone to post on his thread who he doesn't deem "the right poster". It's kinda like:

"STRONZO! If you cut into that Boston Cream Pie there will be no cock for you for two weeks!!". Yet Stronzo still takes his piece of the pie....:redface:

I posted here simply because it was a thread which asked who one liked especially and I voiced my angst at doing so but the fact is I thought Lordpendragon and Daverock deserved hono(u)rable mention since I really enjoy both these individuals.

I'm doing the best I can to answer your question.

It's human nature to have an opinion in most cases and goodness knows I've never demonstrated a lack of one.:wink:

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not necessarily my favorites, just the first people that come to mind that I like.

Men
1. alex8
2. COLJohn
3. jeff black
4. Lex
5. novice_btm
6. Pecker
7. senor rubirosa
8. tallguypns
9. that_other_guy
10. vinny_spirrucino

Women
1. Gisella
2. Heather LouAnna
3. Lee_M
4. madame_zora
5. mercurialbliss
6. Mumzi

. . .

Okay I know there's gotta be more'n six chicks around these parts that I'm fond of, but for the life of me I can't think of who they might be.