Lpsg Topic Of The Week.... How Do You Spend Halloween And Do You Like Halloween?

Do you like Halloween?

• I Absolutely Love It!

Votes: 72 38.9%
  • I Like It

Votes: 47 25.4%
  • I Used to Love it. Don't Care Anymore

Votes: 33 17.8%
  • Hate It!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Don't Celebrate or Have an Opinion

Votes: 31 16.8%

• Total voters

glocker288

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Best Halloween memory was freshman year of college playing drink or kiss with 9th floor of our dorm. We were 4th floor guys floor and 9th was a girls floor. Mostly was just getting drinks until I encountered Red Riding Hood. That was some fun kissy-face time.

This year we are giving out full size candy bars.

Reactions: LPSG Richard

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sexy or scary costumes?

Trick or treat?

Best Halloween candy?

Favorite scary movie?

Price and skill = no limit. Dream Halloween Costume?

Sexiest Monster?

Fuck, Marry, Kill or Stake, Bury, Kill *each member picks three for the next person*
Hannibal

Gaspard Ulliel
Mads Mikkelsen
Sir Anthony Hopkins

Scary old book written in a dead language you happen to know...read it or leave it be?

Noise in the darkness?

Graveyards? Picnic time or walk away?

Holy water or salt/iron?

Do you believe in...
Ghost
Werewolves
Vampires
Zombies
The Great Pumpkin

Fast it slow zombies?

Slashers or Haunts?

Gore or suspense?

Scary costumes! My favorite seen recently was at Screams theme park in Waxahachie TX -- slenderman with no head on stilts. He followed me through the park :emoji_fearful:

Trick

Jordan almonds

My favorite scary movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original). I also love Mario Bava movies but for the eerie aesthetic.

Best costume, zombie Enid

Michael Langdon as the antichrist in Apocalypse

i believe in ghosts

both slashers and haunts
gore and suspense

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sexy or scary costumes?

Scary! Considering my monster kink....scary is sexy.

Trick or treat? Tricks. Always.

Best Halloween candy? Tiny candy bars. Anything with caramel.

Favorite scary movie? Nightbreed or Near Dark.

Price and skill = no limit. Dream Halloween Costume? Cenobite in battle armor.

Sexiest Monster? Vampires.

Fuck, Marry, Kill or Stake, Bury, Kill *each member picks three for the next person*
Hannibal

Gaspard Ulliel - Fuck
Mads Mikkelsen - Marry
Sir Anthony Hopkins - Kill

Scary old book written in a dead language you happen to know...read it or leave it be? Take it with me. Translate it. Consider posting it to SM but never actually do it.

Noise in the darkness? Any follow up is drowned out by my doggos going hell hound dramatic.

Graveyards? Picnic time or walk away? Graphite rubs, basic magic and spirit photography. Snacks will be provided.

Holy water or salt/iron? Depends on the evil son'of'a'bitch we're dealing with.

Do you believe in...
Ghost - yep.
Werewolves - of course.
Vampires - hope so.
Zombies - pretty sure the mix of preservatives and steroids in the food supply will turn us all into zombies.
The Great Pumpkin - he ain't all that.

Fast it slow zombies? Fast.

Slashers or Haunts? Slashers in Haunted houses!

Gore or suspense? Gore, baby, gore. Let the horror flow!

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We live on a cul-de-sac. For the past 15 years, each Halloween we'd put on a neighborhood party. About 12 houses come out for it. And since folks are not in their homes but outdoors at the end of it, they all put signs saying to come to the end for treats. Everyone would dress up we'd have a pot luck evening meal on our front driveway. My house would take a couple days to prepare with lights, graveyard, and a fog machine. We'd combine all the candy into a long row of pots for the kids to pick from. We'd all sit around with food and cocktails and watch them come thru. Our neighbor even brought out a giant inflatable projection screen for the middle of the street with all the usual classic horrors playing.

But over the last few years, folks moved and the new ones weren't so social and did not participate. Also saw a huge reduction in kids trick or treating. Sadly when covid hit, we didn't do it. This year a couple of the main neighbors passed away so it dampened things a bit. So this year will be quiet again.

Now back in my single days when I was playing in a couple bands in Hollywood... We had crazy fun at clubs!

D

deleted848353

This year 2021, the holiday falls on a weekend. So, I will have candy on hand for the local kids. When the holiday falls during the work week, I get home wayy to late , as it is dark outside and the parents, have good sense not to let their kids walk up and down an un lit road filled with crazy people who love to race their cars speed

But as this is LPSG ; Happy Cocktober to one and all :cool:

View attachment 44354541
I want candy lol

To me, Halloween is the celebration of imperfection, the not-normal, and the things seen as "sub-human" or "non-human" (aka a celebration of the diversity in the world). I've always felt "different" and was essentially an outcast in school. Later on in my early to mid twenties, a few traumatic events (including living through a sexual assault), I feel like I live in a never ending nightmare thanks to PTSD and the fact that I only feel half alive, almost zombie like. Holidays like Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc., have lost their meaning for me. Halloween coincides with remembrance of the dead / celebration of life events around the world, and it's one holiday that has gained meaning for me in recent years. I have become a horror movie movie aficionado in many ways, and Halloween season is the prime point of the year for horror movie releases.

Reactions: MickeyLee

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sexy or scary costumes?

Scary of course!

Trick or treat?

Our house is always full of treats, tricls are never required

Best Halloween candy?

Treacle toffee. It's more traditionally a Guy Fawkes thing in the UK but Halloween is so close to bonfire night it's always around then too, and it's sooo good...

Favorite scary movie?

Don't really do scary movies, but loved 'The Haunting of Hill House' & the other Mike Flanagan shows.

Last actual scary movie I saw was 'Event Horizon' - and that was because I thought it was a regular sci fi movie...

Price and skill = no limit. Dream Halloween Costume?

Classic Battlestar Galactica Cylon

Sexiest Monster?

Of the classics? Werewolf, I prefer morning sex anyway :p. Also they aren't dead, which always goes in the 'pro' column for me!

Sit this one out

Scary old book written in a dead language you happen to know...read it or leave it be?

The only 'dead languages' I know are computer ones, but you know I'd find a way to compile and run that shit. I wouldn't even worry too much about releasing an ancient demon onto the Internet - it's not like it could make it any worse...

Noise in the darkness?

I usually just shout 'GO BACK TO BED!!' at it. I don't care if you're my child or a hell spawned demon, I'm not having it before 6 am, right?

Graveyards? Picnic time or walk away?

Graveyards aren't scary but my knees aren't great so I'll take my picnic somewhere with a table

Holy water or salt/iron?

Holy water, I eat too much salt already.

Do you believe in...
Ghost - No
Werewolves - No
Vampires - Nope
Zombies - No, if it's not dead, it aint a zombie. Don't care what all those 00s movies said, sick people aren't zombies.
The Great Pumpkin - No, pumpkin is horrible.

Fast it slow zombies? - Slow. Steve doesn't run, a little thing like death won't change that.

Slashers or Haunts?

Umm haunts I suppose?

Gore or suspense?

Suspense all the way. Gore = bore

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love Halloween! A friend of ours used to throw this very elaborate party every year, and the costumes were pretty fantastic! In fact, we really had to up our costume game after our first event.

One of the first parties my husband dressed as a priest, and I was a hooker with my hem almost meeting my neckline! It definitely was the most daring I've been in public including my Jessica Rabbit outfit!

At the end of the night I told Cap how much fun I had and can't wait till next year. He said he couldn't wait till next year either because he had a dull time. I couldn't believe it. He said he's never going to be a priest again! Everybody was avoiding him! LOL!

They didn't have the party for the last couple of years due to the pandemic. They always had about a hundred people, so they're just being careful. But I sure miss it!

The house is decorated, but it's all G-rated. Lots of little trick or treaters in the neighborhood, and we're the "good candy" house!

Not only that, but we usually sit outside with a table full of candy and wine ready for the grown folks. Come on by and fill your glass!

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's not really an Aussie thing. Yet, it's one of those things which Aussies go....Yay....PARTY ON DUDE :)

We are on an acre in the middle of suburbia. Auto Gate........a year or two ago I scared the shit out of the kids jumping out in the dark................Seems it stifled interest :) :) reminds me of Rosanne Halloween............but hey. Relegated to the confines of oblivion....as most of us will be.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I actually do have another great 18+ Halloween memory as technically it is the anniversary of something starting between myself and the person whom I would eventually marry.

I was friends with my wife's family for years prior to anything happening and when she started to visit them more often I started having more contact and more interest in her. We had been flirting and eyeing each other for several months but I was too much of an insecure introvert to believe her interest was genuine and try to take it beyond that. But then on Halloween night after we were both at her parents house helping to give out candy I took a leap and offered to walk her back to her place. She accepted and by the time we got there, mustering all my barely-there courage, I took an even greater leap and asked her if I could kiss her goodnight. For the second time that night I was surprised that she accepted that as well. We made plans for me to come over the next day and things were pretty much full steam ahead after that. So, in a way I guess I can say the best thing that ever happened to me and that has given me over 30 years of enjoyment and happiness was connected to Halloween Day.

Reactions: BriannaDoll

BriannaDoll

Expert Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've loved Halloween since I was a little girl! My parents always made it fun, from decorating the house and yard, to passing out treats, to dressing up into anything your heart desires! It's even more exciting when Halloween falls on a weekend like this year, more time to celebrate! Although this year I was too busy with work and didn't have time to look for a costume so raided my closet and put together these 2 variations of a sexy cat: 1 for work and 1 for partying!

Attachments

BriannaDoll

Expert Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love Halloween! A friend of ours used to throw this very elaborate party every year, and the costumes were pretty fantastic! In fact, we really had to up our costume game after our first event.

One of the first parties my husband dressed as a priest, and I was a hooker with my hem almost meeting my neckline! It definitely was the most daring I've been in public including my Jessica Rabbit outfit!

At the end of the night I told Cap how much fun I had and can't wait till next year. He said he couldn't wait till next year either because he had a dull time. I couldn't believe it. He said he's never going to be a priest again! Everybody was avoiding him! LOL!

They didn't have the party for the last couple of years due to the pandemic. They always had about a hundred people, so they're just being careful. But I sure miss it!

The house is decorated, but it's all G-rated. Lots of little trick or treaters in the neighborhood, and we're the "good candy" house!

Not only that, but we usually sit outside with a table full of candy and wine ready for the grown folks. Come on by and fill your glass!

Sounds like my kind of neighborhood!

Reactions: EllieP
D

deleted5499921

I've loved Halloween since I was a little girl! My parents always made it fun, from decorating the house and yard, to passing out treats, to dressing up into anything your heart desires! It's even more exciting when Halloween falls on a weekend like this year, more time to celebrate! Although this year I was too busy with work and didn't have time to look for a costume so raided my closet and put together these 2 variations of a sexy cat: 1 for work and 1 for partying!
Drop dead sexy!

Reactions: BriannaDoll

Dr. Orang

Expert Member
Media

Sure that is some sexy Halloween ;)

TimWalksFunny

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This year we had eighteen times as many Trick-Or-Treaters as last year.........

Last year we had 1 kid. :(

Ten or so years ago we would have 100 to 150 Trick-or-Treaters come through my neighborhood.

Reactions: BigBen