LPSG Video Ratings Gone Bonkers?

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by B_bi_mmf, May 24, 2011.

1. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

I now have two videos that have had sudden and impossibly drastic changes in their ratings.

Here is what happened: One day the rating is near 5.0 based on 10 or more ratings. The next day the number of ratings has increased by one, and the average rating shows as less than 1.0.

Obviously, this is impossible. Something is very screwy. I thought that the first occurrence back in March must have been some weird hiccup in the system, but today it happened again.

Has anyone else had this problem? Management has not seemed to regard this issue as worthy of their attention, so I am curious as to whether others have experienced the same kind of erroneous downgrading of their videos.

2. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't have any videos myself but I've seen it happen when I vote on other members' videos. I feel really bad because I give it 5 stars yet the 'average' goes from 6.8 down to 2.1 or even less.

I don't think it happens on new videos, just ones that were posted and voted on before the site 'makeover'. I think - I'm not sure about this - the previous ratings system was 10 points/stars, but it's now only 5 points/stars so I guess that's what fucks up the scores of older videos.

I once fucked up a guy's rating so badly that I PMed him to explain and apologize!

3. crescendo69

Gold Member

I've seen the scewiness in vid ratings, too. Maybe this thread should be moved to the bottom "administrative help" sections.

4. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

You are a lot more considerate and caring than apparently the administration is.

I'm really disappointed that the administration does not do something about this, like posting a disclaimer at the top of the video pages or simply suppressing the display of the ratings. In my opinion it is far worse to have those pathetic bogus ratings than to have no ratings at all. Displaying only the number of views would be much preferable.

For the adminstration to continue to display information they know to be garbage is not serving us members well at all.

5. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

Management remains unresponsive on this issue. Here is the latest exchange from Questions, Comments and Suggestions:

Draft saved Draft deleted