LPSGer of the month!

throb919: [quote author=Velcro_Avenger link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=60#60 date=08/28/03 at 20:36:31]
And this was from the dude who wonders why we lurkers don't post? Could it be because of the warm reception like in the quote above? Screw it. I'll go back to lurking in the corner where nobody jumps on me for my suck-ass English. [/quote]
Y'know, Dee--we just went through this back in July when you suggested somebody needed to use spell-check and several others of us suggested: No, it's communication, nobody's being graded on it, we can figure-out what the poster is saying, yada-yada-yada. Always thoughtful and often eloquent, Monstro offered:
Still, I think it's beautiful when people write how they think, when you can tell it's coming straight from the heart to the tips of their fingers, with no intermediate inner editor red-penciling anything along the way...
I agreed then, I agree now. Welcome, our new Velcroed friend. Post on...!

(Dee--you should recognize VA's wuz/cuz/lowercase usage as a conversational style, a board/blog vernacular, and not an example of his SAT-worthy "grammar and spelling skills." He didn't realize your velvet-rope slam was just another DMW diss...)

awellhungboi: Are you kidding, my decor is great. Imagine a bordello decorated by QVC.

-----------------

On a serious note, I hope you'll continue posting, Velcro Avenger. Rest assured the majority of folks here judge posts by what is said, not the way the writer has said it. Everyone has differences in style and expression, as much as we all have differences in opinion--and yes, everyone occasionally misspells, or forgets a comma or two--we're human beings, not robots. The other day I misspelled a word in a post three times (yes, three times), before finally looking it up in the dictionary (thank god for the 'modify' button).

New members are the life's blood of this community--what keeps LPSG vital and alive--and I hope, in the very near future the list of nominees for "LPSGer of the month" or whatever, will be comprised of people who either aren't listed there today, or who may not have even started posting yet. So, all I have to say to you Velcro is that there is at least one person here, (myself), who is interested in, and open to, whatever you wish to add, in whatever manner you choose to add it. Spell 'was' however you like--some of us can look beyond such trivialities.

gigantikok: Some people around here really are bitchy about spelling errors... that in itself kinda annoys me.

Javierdude22: Oh come on people, it's all part of the game, figure it out...

And i'm sorry, but if Mr/Mrs. Velcro Avenger is that easily knocked down, i hope s/he'll get by in the real world.

throb919: [quote author=Javierdude23 link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=60#65 date=08/29/03 at 01:19:46]Oh come on people, it's all part of the game, figure it out...[/quote]
But Javvy, most games have plays that are considered out-of-bounds or foul. And if there are "plays" that are discouraging rookies from even dressing-out, then maybe there's a problem. Same situation with Prepky's "Cut or Uncut: What Do Women Think?" thread: the "this-has-been-discussed-20-times" comment discouraged participation and encourages lurkers to lurk--or worse, leave. (And on that thread, Jav, you yourself suggest that "50-times" repetition is excessive; so maybe the game does have rules...?)

Re-read Velcro Avenger's post and you'll see he has "figured out the game"--the way he sees it being played. My question is: what does the poster gain by pointing out spelling errors or telling the newbie we've-already-talked-about-this? (Y'all have any idea how few times "auxiliary" has been spelled correctly in talking about the wonderful women's group?!) Dee's comment was a clever(-ish) throw-away line that meant nothin' to him, really; it clearly meant much more to VA. Funny this conversation is going on in the LPSGer-of-the-month thread, y'know? What really makes one the MVP? And how many posters in the Top 25 accrued those high numbers with police-action posts...?

Just my 2 (pre-Euro) guilders worth, Jav. (And I'm wearing my Amsterdam Ajax T-shirt as I type this.)

7x6andchg: I took this post all in fun..sort of like Legally Blonde II - the place to give "snaps" to people - all positive, no negative.

As for Jimbo's post..his points are valid...but I think probably the top 25 posters was a convenient way to start off, provided her with a list to work with.

I take it in fun...I like Dee's idea too though - the Yearbook style names, most likely to..., etc. Those will require more work to set up...this was just easy to set up.

I like the community feel of this thread too - and I am certainly not offended about any of the voting.

7x6&C

sammygirly: Thank you Paul!

Someone gets me!
(Gooooo Raal!!!)

Velcro_Avenger: [quote author=Javierdude23 link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=60#65 date=08/29/03 at 01:19:46]Oh come on people, it's all part of the game, figure it out...

And i'm sorry, but if Mr/Mrs. Velcro Avenger is that easily knocked down, i hope s/he'll get by in the real world. [/quote]

i understand "the game" ok but i'm not here to get blasted on my 1st post. and i'm not knocked down. its just that i dont relish the thougt of being flamed by the likes of dee blackthorn if & when i decide to post. i dont have come here just to be abused. theres plenty of folks willing to abuse me in the "real world." but thanx 2 those who sent me messages of incuragement.

sammygirly: Well if you LIKE abuse we have whips, and paddles and.... ;D

Join in VA, i'm sure Dee didn't mean to scare you off, nor to be as hard on you as you took it. New posters are always a welcome change. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
We all improve with practice.

Before LPSG, Dee couldn't spel cheker.

Now he are one! ;)

Seriously, having worked in middle management for many years before my health forced my retirement, I can vouch for the fact that were it not for spell checkers and secretaries, most of our MBA's and PHD's wouldn't be able to communicate at all using a keyboard either.

Those who are concerned that the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of the universal failure of the educational system might take some solace in the notion that, perhaps a few generations down the road, our world dipolmats will be reduced to grunts and hand gestures. Quite an improvement over what they are saying to each other now.

Pecker

(I Wish I Were a Woman So I Could Go Out with a Guy Like Me)

throb919: Sammygirly--I originally had a final parenthetical paragraph on my post that said: "Sorry, Sammy--I know you just wanted this to be fun!" but abandoned it when I couldn't get the Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" reference to work. Should've kept it.

Javierdude22: [quote author=throb919 link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=60#66 date=08/29/03 at 11:37:21]
Just my 2 (pre-Euro) guilders worth, Jav. (And I'm wearing my Amsterdam Ajax T-shirt as I type this.)[/quote]

:eek: ...a stab through the heart...what about Feyenoord man!?...  8)

I understand what you mean Tony, there totally are rules to this game, but i defined this game differently i guess.

But, indeed, if it was taken harshly, i doubt it was meant that way.

Trackers: My favourite posters are Nene, Sammygirly, Dee, and I can't forget Grandpa, even though he is no longer with us. But I agree with most people here. You can't really vote for only a few.

sammygirly: Last day to vote on this completely unfair, totally biased, not serious but all in fun contest....winner announced tomorrow.... ;D

awellhungboi: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=60#76 date=08/31/03 at 14:55:08]we are all winners here in our own way  ::)[/quote]

I second that!

gigantikok: Hmmmm... I wonder who the winner will be, i mean, it's such a close race. :)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=60#78 date=08/31/03 at 15:52:43]Hmmmm... I wonder who the winner will be, i mean, it's such a close race. :)[/quote]

It'll go to the Supreme Court and they'll award it to Panthera.

Pecker

(How Can Whiskey Six Years Old Whip a Man Who's 32?)

7x6andchg: Or maybe "hung Chad"? :D

I can hardly wait for the award ceremony...did we manage to work up something "tasteful"?

7x6&C

awellhungboi: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=80#81 date=08/31/03 at 21:57:19]Or maybe "hung Chad"?   :D

I can hardly wait for the award ceremony...did we manage to work up something "tasteful"?

7x6&C[/quote]

Oh, did we ever! The ceremony's going to be a blast! Just wait 'til you hear my rendition of 'Like A Virgin'!