Lpsg's got talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks to all the people who posted, some good entries, remember it's all a bit of fun and you don't have to be Whitney to enter.

Haha! That's a relief - I won't be disqualified from entering! :biggrin1: Yes, I'm just a bad karaoke singer who wouldn't get past the first audition of American Idol... :biggrin1: (But then, also... I have just recently started singing again after 20+ years of not being able to sing due to physical pain when I tried to sing! My voice has changed a lot since 20+ years ago as well so I have to make sure I don't try to do any high notes, or I'll wreck my voice again like I did all those years ago.)

It's also different singing at home over the computer than it is singing at karaoke. I was actually more nervous singing at home!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Guys. Here's my entry

First one is from a recital I did in April 2009 in England.

It's the 3rd song from the song cycle "Vier Ernste Gesaenge" or "Four Serious Songs" on liturgical texts from St. Paul's letter to the Corinthians by Johannes Brahms. This is the third song, a meditation on the fact that death is bitter to the man who has all in life, and is so relieving to the man who has none. It's in German.

drop.io ypsjpee Brahms: O Tod, wie bitter bist Du.

This is from a recent recording that was made of an Opera I was in at McGill in Montreal: Agrippina, by G.F. Handel. This is an Aria from the first act of the 3 act opera chronicling Agrippina the Younger's power struggle with her Husband Claudio for the Throne of Rome. I play Pallante (or Pallas) the Freedman, confidant to Claudio. Agrippina lies to me, telling me Claudio has died, and I am to attempt to install Nero (her son) as ruler of Rome. She promises me sexual rewards if I succeed in my deeds. I sing an aria saying how the rays of Fortune have shined upon me. "La mia sorte fortunata." It's in Italian.
My co-star in this is Esteli Gomez, who is playing the title role of Agrippina. This is confidential however, considering the site.

drop.io ayo4th8 "Ah Cenni tuo sovrani/La Mia sorte fortunata"

Hope you all enjoy.
:)

OMG! Of all people for me to follow! :biggrin1:

You could be a professional opera singer!

Cool entries!

Likin OY, Nubby, Lemo, - whatireallywant is cute too :p
And Dynamo's opera one :eek:

PS: I need to request that Nubby sings 'You Sexy Thing' and also 'There can Be Miracles'. ;)
PPS: Seriously considering putting Patrick's in me itunes library.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(jaw hits floor)
Wow - that's really You? :singer:
Everyone else can go home now...

That's pretty much what I said when I heard him, too! My entry was the very next one - I hate it when I immediately follow really GOOD singers! :biggrin1:

(Although I'd stick around to hear DaveyR do "Court of King Caractacus"...)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope I won't be but there's every possibility I could be offline for a few days which means I might not be here to don my Little Miss Bossy hat and collate the scores, so the lovely DiscoBoy has kindly said that if I'm not here he'll do that.

I'll run over the rules again just so everyone knows midnight 16th January (British standard time) is when your songs have to be in, no songs will be accepted after that point.

Feel free to vote anytime after midnight 16th January and you've had a good listen, and voting will be closed midnight 18th January. I or DiscoBoy will open a new thread entitled LPSG's Got Talent, the Votes, for voting so its easier for everyone to check their scores.

Anyone who chooses to vote has got ten points, they can allocate them how they want (a point to ten people, all ten points to one person, five for two, yada yada yada).

Again, be fair, remember it's just a bit of fun so don't just vote for your mates, vote for who you think sang most nicely or who you enjoyed most. No voting for yourselves you narcissistic lot ;-)

Thanks again DB.

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
I hope I won't be but there's every possibility I could be offline for a few days which means I might not be here to don my Little Miss Bossy hat and collate the scores, so the lovely DiscoBoy has kindly said that if I'm not here he'll do that.

I'll run over the rules again just so everyone knows midnight 16th January (British standard time) is when your songs have to be in, no songs will be accepted after that point.

Feel free to vote anytime after midnight 16th January and you've had a good listen, and voting will be closed midnight 18th January. I or DiscoBoy will open a new thread entitled LPSG's Got Talent, the Votes, for voting so its easier for everyone to check their scores.

Anyone who chooses to vote has got ten points, they can allocate them how they want (a point to ten people, all ten points to one person, five for two, yada yada yada).

Again, be fair, remember it's just a bit of fun so don't just vote for your mates, vote for who you think sang most nicely or who you enjoyed most. No voting for yourselves you narcissistic lot ;-)

Thanks again DB.
Och, now there's a chance of being the guy with 0 votes I'm hesitating with my entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.