LSU v. noer damn

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another ND bowl fiasco. Oh, well, it led to Q's revealing his (er) fanhood.:rolleyes:

9 straight bowl losses, they need to join the Big 10, so that they can have 12 teams and play a championship game too.

My vote, after watching Boise State school Oklahoma's defense on 3 plays, the hook and lateral in regulation, the halfback option pass to the TE and the Statue of Liberty 2 point conversion on the misdirection in OT. If UF beats OSU, BSU is the national champion and if OSU wins, it's at least a split title. Boise State made a mockery of the argument that a big time, traditional powerhouse is better than the WAC's best team. Boise State would've scored 15 points on the Super Bowl champions and won the way they executed those plays.

LSU was solid all season except for the game vs the Gators, but to be honest, UF's Tim Tebow was unstoppable vs SEC teams that knew exactly what play he was going to run when he was in and that was a big reason UF has lost only once. They play 6-6 FSU and Tebow is stoned and shutout, 4 carries and 3 yards, averaging a paltry .75 ypc. He does that in the NFL in 4 years and I guarantee he won't be in the game very long. Anyway Boise State is something else to watch.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
9 straight bowl losses, they need to join the Big 10, so that they can have 12 teams and play a championship game too.

My vote, after watching Boise State school Oklahoma's defense on 3 plays, the hook and lateral in regulation, the halfback option pass to the TE and the Statue of Liberty 2 point conversion on the misdirection in OT. If UF beats OSU, BSU is the national champion and if OSU wins,

Boise State beat a fair to mediocre OKlahoma team that backed into the Big 12 championship. No way BS could beat Fla, OSU, LSU, USC, Louisville or Michigan. Its amazing what BS has accomplished as a small school. But I think Louisville is the best small school.

ray j johnson jr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lsu is a football factory, ND players actually have to go to class....ND could be a powerhouse every year if they lowered their standards like usc miami, ohio state and any sec school

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Boise State beat a fair to mediocre OKlahoma team that backed into the Big 12 championship. No way BS could beat Fla, OSU, LSU, USC, Louisville or Michigan. Its amazing what BS has accomplished as a small school. But I think Louisville is the best small school.

I guess UCLA couldn't have possibly been able to beat USC ? So now you've got UCLA beating the elite grouping you have, FSU beats UCLA and doesn't even look good doing it for the better part of that bowl game. Or for that matter, Rutgers beating Louisville. As for LSU, well Auburn took care of them, who also took care of UF, then promptly were beaten by Arkansas (a good team, but it wasn't even a close score, that lost their last 3 games of the year, including one to Wisconsin, that didn't get mentioned), but they also lost to UGA. You could fall back on the argument that it's the SEC with Auburn, but to be honest, beating Nebraska 17-14 isn't an argument that would be in favor of SEC superiority, that is dominance. OU was conference champion, better than Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State and Nebraska.

I agree with you that if you say the names you did, the first reaction is to think BSU hasn't got a chance even. Then again OU was behind by as much as 18 points over 59 minutes of that game, BSU spotted OU a 7 point advantage with 1:03 left in that game. They had 4 plays that scored 15 points and the way they executed those 4 plays they would've put 15 points on any football team. I can't cheat Boise State out of a perfect 13-0 record and simply schooling Stoops & OU (supposedly an SEC defensive guru from the Spurrier era @ UF). Impressive as the big schools are with their resumes, Boise State ran up the score on them, 43 points to be exact. OU didn't stop them and the evidence was going 78 yards in a minute after seemingly, giving the game away on an interception that was returned for a td. That's poise to overcome a mistake like that, if Tom Brady does it in the Super Bowl, he's mvp, Zabransky (who ?) does it in the Fiesta bowl and there's no way he can possibly win like that ever again, yet they scored 43 points, something they did all year to a lot of teams. BSU played 6 bowl teams this year, OU, Oregon State (also beat USC), Nevada, Hawaii, San Jose State & Utah and they are perfect after it, that isn't luck that 1/2 those teams they beat by 28, 33 and 31 points.

Anyhow, my point is, those teams that were listed, no way BSU can beat them, well only Ohio State is an unblemished record, BSU has nothing to prove, the other once or more beatens need to prove to BSU that they can beat them. Consider that over the last 6 weeks or so, Michigan was thought at one time or another to deserve a rematch with Ohio State, UF complained otherwise and USC proved Michigan didn't deserve another shot. I feel if UF beats OSU, the only thing to do is crown Boise State as national champion, the only undefeated remaining and if Urban Meyer isn't the first to vote for BSU, his hypocracy is exposed after all the howling and lobbying he did to back into the championship game, because USC did lose earlier that day to UCLA.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

BTW, Urban Meyer was Utah's coach a couple year's back, so he wasn't big time or good enough to play for a national championship until he got to UF ? The year UF raided Utah for it's head coach, incidently was/is Urban Meyer, Utah simply was 12-0 that year.

Fiesta: Utah proves BCS merit in rout - College football - MSNBC.com

Utah's final ranking was # 4 and they were 1 of 3 unbeatens. That was the year Auburn went 13-0 and didn't get a shot to play USC (13-0) who destroyed OU (12-1). On an interesting note, Boise State was 11-1 that year and got screwed to be ranked # 12, finishing ahead of the likes of UF, FSU, Tennessee, LSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Final 2004 Season AP Poll : Fanblogs College Football Blog

Interesting too, the 2004 11-1 Boise State team, lost to Louisville, by 4 points 44-40, a game they led @ halftime 31-21.

USATODAY.com - 2004 WAC results
USATODAY.com

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been involved in these debates on sports boards. I don't have the energy to rehash every point to guys who have seen my dick:biggrin1:...Bottom line is we need a play-off. Div 2 and 3 have one. Basketball has one.......But no way that BS team survives an SEC or Big 10 schedule.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've been involved in these debates on sports boards. I don't have the energy to rehash every point to guys who have seen my dick:biggrin1:...Bottom line is we need a play-off. Div 2 and 3 have one. Basketball has one.......But no way that BS team survives an SEC or Big 10 schedule.
Yeah, my head is about to asplode!:eek: I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it turns me on!:biggrin: Like I said in the Outback Bowl thread, you straight guys are adorable. Quercusone, let's have one more dick waving!:tongue:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, my head is about to asplode!:eek: I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it turns me on!:biggrin: Like I said in the Outback Bowl thread, you straight guys are adorable. Quercusone, let's have one more dick waving!:tongue:

It's PENIS WAVING! Get your sports terms right!:biggrin1:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I totally agree to that. And for game in question, How does ND get a BCS bowl game and get embarassed while Wisconsin at #6 doesnt get a chance?

Wisconsin looked tough. But remember that Arkansas best player and the heisman runner up McFadden was playing hurt at about 80%. If he's healthy, I think Arkansas wins. But I think Ark v Wis was the right match up. The 3rd best team in the Big Ten v. The 3rd best SEC team. I wish LSU coul've played Michigan in the Rose, but USC losing to UCLA killed that. But it was nice to see Petey get beat!