Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have been in a very long term relationship for over 25 years! I just found my partner has a account on a hookup/dating site. We have not been intimate for well over 15 years. I have never cheated. It all started with me pulling away from him because of my own insecurities regarding several different issues, mostly mind fuck issues and I totally understandable he felt hurt and pushed away. And it’s not all my fault, relationships are two sided.

what would you do? Would you bring it up to your partner? I don’t know if this is just outlet for release or something more. Please serious responses.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You are a member of LPSG, for 5 years. Many / some partners would consider that suspicious; and reason to question why you maintain your membership.

Often, and I hope this is the case, it is just for pure cyber entertainment

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my role as a counselor, I have seen relationships similar to this. All I can advise is that you talk to each other about your lives together. You say you hurt him by turning inward and away from him; perhaps start by saying “I’m sorry......... If anything, you will each step away from your devices that you are each using for “entertainment” . It sounds like you two still have a bond, despite the lack of intimacy. Find a way to celebrate that bond and go from there. As for his looking at a hook up site, I would leave that one untouched for the very reasons that ronin001 implied. I truly mean it when I say: good luck.

D

deleted1074483

if you found out any way other than by 'accident' i'd not raise it directly.

as you say you've not been intimate together for a long time, have you not already had discussions about how you both deal with your sexuality/needs/etc? if not would this be an opportune moment to raise that discussion, especially if your partner knows you're on this site - you could say you saw something on this site and made you wonder?

good luck mate

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
He doesn't want to toss your lenghty relationship away. In spite of your insecurities and issues - which have hurt your partner - he has stayed put. I advise you seek his forgiveness for whatever you did to hurt him, set aside suspicion, condemnation, blaming and judgement. Give each other repect, unconditional love and the freedom to do what your hearts desire.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you do choose to tell him you found his profile on a dating app/site you should tell him why and how long you've been looking at that site and others like it. Tell him also that you're here at LPSG and about any other sites like this to which you belong.

I understand that full disclosure happens rarely in relationships--that couples keep secrets from each other--but if your suspicions drive you to confront him full disclosure is the way to go.

Reactions: erpap and ronin001

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You are a member of LPSG, for 5 years. Many / some partners would consider that suspicious; and reason to question why you maintain your membership.

You’re right! Amd while

You’re 100% correct. It is just pure cyber entertainment. And I hope it’s the same for him.

Reactions: ronin001

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
In my role as a counselor, I have seen relationships similar to this. All I can advise is that you talk to each other about your lives together. You say you hurt him by turning inward and away from him; perhaps start by saying “I’m sorry......... If anything, you will each step away from your devices that you are each using for “entertainment” . It sounds like you two still have a bond, despite the lack of intimacy. Find a way to celebrate that bond and go from there. As for his looking at a hook up site, I would leave that one untouched for the very reasons that ronin001 implied. I truly mean it when I say: good luck.
Thank you!

Reactions: ohiorod

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
He doesn't want to toss your lenghty relationship away. In spite of your insecurities and issues - which have hurt your partner - he has stayed put. I advise you seek his forgiveness for whatever you did to hurt him, set aside suspicion, condemnation, blaming and judgement. Give each other repect, unconditional love and the freedom to do what your hearts desire.
Thank you!

Reactions: dreamer20

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Thank you.

Reactions: ronin001

DavidAlmeria

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The situation is more complex than just cheating.
If you love and live with someone and there is absolutely no sex for 10 years ( I’m my case) ..neither is really to blame but both need some sort of sexual outlet.
What do people suggest? Breaking up an otherwise perfectly good very long term relationship ? Or the old answer....conversation, discussion and sharing thoughts.
Believe me if you haven’t discussed it in 10 or 15 years , you’re not going to start now.

A lot of married couples I know of our age sleep in separate rooms and I doubt they ever have sex. I don’t know how or if they get separate sexual release though.

Most of the guys I meet online and in real life are middle aged and in sexless marriages so, there’s a lot of it about.

Reactions: cityjock89

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
if you found out any way other than by 'accident' i'd not raise it directly.

as you say you've not been intimate together for a long time, have you not already had discussions about how you both deal with your sexuality/needs/etc? if not would this be an opportune moment to raise that discussion, especially if your partner knows you're on this site - you could say you saw something on this site and made you wonder?

good luck mate
He doesn’t know I’m here. I asked him today if he still wanted to be in the relationship, he says yes, and I asked if has been with someone else he said no and I asked if he wanted to and he said no that he doesn’t want that kind of relationship. I hope he was being honest.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
in a very long term relationship for over 25 years! I just found my partner has a account on a hookup/dating site. We have not been intimate for well over 15 years. I have never cheated. It all started with me pulling away from him because of my own insecurities + several different issues..he felt hurt and pushed away. And it’s not all my fault, relationships are two sided..what would you do? Would you bring it up to your partner?

You've not been intimate together for a long time. Why? Have you both mutually decided to live a life of abstention / asceticism now? Why has this relationship gone bad?

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You've not been intimate together for a long time. Why? Have you both mutually decided to live a life of abstention / asceticism now? Why has this relationship gone bad?

sadly it’s gone silent. Never really talked about it. But it was not mutually decided.

cherryboom66

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I have been in a very long term relationship for over 25 years! I just found my partner has a account on a hookup/dating site. We have not been intimate for well over 15 years. I have never cheated. It all started with me pulling away from him because of my own insecurities regarding several different issues, mostly mind fuck issues and I totally understandable he felt hurt and pushed away. And it’s not all my fault, relationships are two sided.

what would you do? Would you bring it up to your partner? I don’t know if this is just outlet for release or something more. Please serious responses.
As Ronin said, don’t be a hypocrite and don’t throw stones in glass houses lol.

doc_jmart

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

25 years. Neither of you would last that long if you don’t love each other. Eventually sex and intimacy would subside. You are not alone in this, this happens to many other couples. But just because intimacy is subsiding, that doesn’t mean you begin to love each other less. Sex can indeed be separated from love.

if you’ve been together for 25 years, i believe you can discuss this openly. What your needs are, what he needs, and whether you can give him what he needs. Transitioning into an open relationship has worked wonders for several couples I know. It may not work for everyone, but it might work in your case if you can no longer give him the level of intimacy that he desires.

cherryboom66

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
25 years. Neither of you would last that long if you don’t love each other. Eventually sex and intimacy would subside. You are not alone in this, this happens to many other couples. But just because intimacy is subsiding, that doesn’t mean you begin to love each other less. Sex can indeed be separated from love.

if you’ve been together for 25 years, i believe you can discuss this openly. What your needs are, what he needs, and whether you can give him what he needs. Transitioning into an open relationship has worked wonders for several couples I know. It may not work for everyone, but it might work in your case if you can no longer give him the level of intimacy that he desires.
Open relationships make me sooooo angry.

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don’t think you should comfront him at all.
We all need sexual outlets and if you’re both friends and it’s working go behind one another’s backs either online or in real life.

similar situation here
Do you meet people in real life or just online?