Lube help

Prof_X

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm writing to ask for advice on a sex lube that will not irritate my wife's pussy. She gets a burning sensation from glycerine based lubes like astroglide. For the last 15 years we have been using Liquid Silk (based on propylene glycol) but recently she has also started getting irritated about a day after using it. Her lips get red and irritated and stay sore for several days. We have also tried almond oil - which does not make her irritated days later, but sometimes causes/allows micro tears around the inside of her vagina. We are not sure what else to try.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you.

Coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal so it can disrupt the natural balance of the vagina and cause irritation.
Oil based lubes are not safe for use with condoms, is the other thing.
There have been threads on this subject before I think, it might be worth using the search function and seeing what you can find.

Prof_X

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank all three of your for your reply's.
-We tried both coconut oil and coca butter. Coconut oil works but feels less slippery than almond oil and seems to soak in faster.
-I did look in past threads. I have ordered several samples of silicone base lubes from Good Vibes as they seem to be good for people with sensitivity. I was hoping for feed back on which type. I seem to remember that Tatooed Goddess works in an adult toy store. We do not need to worry about condoms - I had a vasectomy after our third kid.
-glycerine is a water based lube. As you said, many of the past threads mentioned amounts of lube. My wife is the type of person that does not get turned on until intimacy has already started. She does make her own lubrication but it usually comes after we are in the middle of things. We have always needed to apply lube to get things going or she gets rubbed to much and looses sensitivity.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Stay away from oils. Coconut or otherwise. The vagina self cleansing process can't work properly if the inside is covered with oil based products.

Look up Wet Organics or if you like a little bit of coconut try JO Silicone Free Hybrid. I won't use anything else. I'm super sensitive.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Stay away from glycerine based lubes. If you notice it tastes very sweet. The sugary component in glycerine can really upset vaginal pH. Yeast feeds on sugar. Can cause yeast infection.

Astroglide makes their products from glycerine. I try to steer folks away from Astroglide due to that reason.

And PJUR makes a wonderful sensitive skin lube called Med Repair.

Prof_X

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks again for your replies. We now have a variety of new lubes based on cellulose (water based) or silicone. Since we are both scientists, the testing will take a long time as each new product will need to be tested several times and we don't have sex that often as we have 3 kids. Ill eventually let you know what out favorite product is.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lelo makes a water based lube that has propylene glycol in it. It's possible that that particular compound was not the source of irritation. Anyway, it stays slippery a long time, and dries without becoming tacky like some other lubes can. It can also be used as a skin moisturizer. Places that sell it will allow you to run some onto your fingers without making a purchase of what is a fairly expensive product.

Reactions: BetterFuture

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Lelo makes a water based lube that has propylene glycol in it. It's possible that that particular compound was not the source of irritation. Anyway, it stays slippery a long time, and dries without becoming tacky like some other lubes can. It can also be used as a skin moisturizer. Places that sell it will allow you to run some onto your fingers without making a purchase of what is a fairly expensive product.

We carry about 100 different types of lube in our store. We have tester bottles of only a fraction of them because they take up a lot of space. Luckily I've familiarized myself with most of what we carry so I can help a customer pick what's best for them.

Wet, JO and Wicked all make hybrids which many folks are favoring these days. Long lasting like silicone but easy wash off like a water based.

Reactions: BetterFuture

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Stay away from glycerine based lubes. If you notice it tastes very sweet. The sugary component in glycerine can really upset vaginal pH. Yeast feeds on sugar. Can cause yeast infection.

Astroglide makes their products from glycerine. I try to steer folks away from Astroglide due to that reason.

And PJUR makes a wonderful sensitive skin lube called Med Repair.

I just ordered some Med Repair. Thanks!

The only powdered lube I know of you mix with water and it makes a quart at a time. It's called J-lube.

You can buy it online. It used to be very hard to find.

It's what I used when I've fisted people, pretty good stuff :)