Lube

GermanKoreanBoy: Well...Me and my boyfriend are both in High School. We've had anal sex a few times and used Baby Oil for lube...It makes it eaiser (alot) but I was talking to someone ans they said it was not good to use it. Can anyone tell me what would be better to use? Thanks! 8)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any petroleum-based products, such as baby oil and Vaseline, are not condom compatible. They disintegrate latex and promote the likelihood of the condom tearing. There are several good lubricants on the market. KY jelly or liquid is usually the easiest to find; it should be available at your neighbourhood pharmacy. Others that you can find in adult stores are Wet, ID, Emotion Lotion, Anal-Eze and Elbow Grease ... among others. My personal favourite is Astro-Glide. All of these are water-soluble and therefore designed to be used with condoms.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sorry if this is a redundant post...LPSG went down again just as I was posting before, and my old post, assumed lost,  may still turn up.

[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=sex;num=1052961456;start=0#1 date=05/14/03 at 18:35:38].....and Elbow Grease .... All of these are water-soluble and therefore designed to be used with condoms.[/quote]

Not true! Only Elbow Grease GEL is condom safe.  Other Elbow Grease lubes, such as the cream and light, are oil-based, and destroy condoms. Read the labels carefully, as it turns out that many lubes sold specifically for sex are not condom compatible.  As is the case for Elbow Grease, sometimes very similar products from a given manufacturer can differ in this regard.  Also, note that Anal-Eze contains a desensitizing drug, which may or may not be what you want.  Similarly, watch out for "Hot" lubes, as these conatain an agent that creates a burning sensation.

For lubrication and longevity, my favorite is Wet Platinum, which is also reasonably priced as premuim lubes go.  However, it can be quite hard to wash off.

Reactions: Krobbie1954

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=ericbear link=board=sex;num=1052961456;start=0#3 date=05/14/03 at 19:42:27]Only Elbow Grease GEL is condom safe.  Other Elbow Grease lubes, such as the cream and light, are oil-based, and destroy condoms. Read the labels carefully, as it turns out that many lubes sold specifically for sex are not condom compatible.[/quote]

You're right, of course. I had the gel in mind and should've specified. I would recommend reading the label of any lube you're considering. You might discover something undesirable about that product before you spend your money.

kyle: I'm with tx & eric - WET Platinum!

And since others have covered the condom thing, let me just tell you two young men that it's a world of difference when you switch to a water-based lubricant from an oil-based one. The friction is greatly reduced and the pleasure can be enjoyed for much longer. You're gonna love it!

brad2002: If you are using condoms, definitely use water based lube. I have a regular fuck buddy and we only bareback with each other, so we like to use vaseline. It's awesome. More fiction, if you can stand it.

brad2002: That should have read "friction," not "fiction." Haha.

Yes, Kyle, some guys find vaseline to be too much friction, even painful. We use lots of it, for starters. And if the friction or heat gets to be too much, we just add a few drops of baby oil. Now, that's an awesome feeling.

robbnks: I like Foreplay Lube because it is thick and will hold up for a while. Wet is my 2nd choice.

Solis24: My personal favourite, after trying KY and getting tired of the smell. after trying WET and WET platinum and getting somewhat tired of renewing the lubrication, is EROS from Pjur. It is neither water- nor oil-based and contains only three substances, namely dimethicone, dimthiconol and cyclomethicone. See the website at www.pjur.com

Just copying a few things off the bottle here. It can be used as a skin conditioner, moisturizer or even as massage oil. It is non-sticky, lasts a long time (I only need to put some more on once during intercourse, if at all), it doesn't dry out, it is non-toxic, tasteless, fragrance free and non-allergenic.

Granted, it's a little more expensive per volume than other lube types but just the fact that you need a whole lot less of it makes it worthwhile. I've found it in sex shops in my home city of Montréal and have also found it without problems in sex shops here in Germany. I would suspect it's pretty easy to come by.

Anyone else have experience with this product? Have I overlooked something or am I too uncritical? (;

wvu_kerq: Three cheers for astro glide! My boyfriend is currently living 3 hours away from here and so I only get to see him every other weekend or so. In the down time between I always seem to shrink back to my usual size (I believe the words "virgin tight":eek: have been uttered by more than three of my bfs) and with out astroglide I'd be one sad little girl!