lucid Dream

rugger89

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So for the past few years now ive been able to, mid dream, figure out that im in a dream and kind of wake myself out of it if that makes sense... (its like my lil super power... :tongue: )

Apparantly its called a lucid dream where:

A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that he or she is dreaming.
A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes it is a dream, while a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state, with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

Anyways none of my friends seem to be able to do this let alone even remember their dreams.

For me this really only happens when im having a nightmare and i force myself to wake up before i get stabbed repeatedly...

Anyone else able to do this or am i just a bit whacky? I do tend to have the funniest/most retarded 'nightmares' u can imagine. One in particular really could be the basis for a comdey/horror movie ;)

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've heard about these a few times, but I think the only occasion where I may have had one was when I had really bad flu and, tbh, I'm not sure whether I was actually asleep.

How long is it between realising you're dreaming and waking it up? And is it actually a 'decision' to do so?

rugger89

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yeah i can actually do this everytime i get a nightmare...its basically at the point where it gets to the scary part of the dream...and i mentally kinda realise im in a dream and force myself to wake up...its actually REALLY difficult cause i kind of think of it as 3 levels...theres dream level, semi dream/awake and awake...and trying to wake myself up gets me to that second level but the problem is u kinda just slip back into the dream and i have to make a realllly hard effort to pull myself up out of it...usually i have to physically make myself turn over so i wake up completely...its actually hard work!

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I occasionally have dreams in which I know I am dreaming. They are not usually nightmares, just regular dreams, but for some reason during the dream I become aware that it is a dream.

In most cases, I then spend some time bending the dream to be what I want it to be -- if I am running the show then I can experience whatever I want to experience.

In most of my sex dreams, which are not lucid dreams, I end up frustrated -- engaging in foreplay with someone and not being able to complete the act, or wanting to have sex with someone and not being able to find a suitable time or place, or something like that. Very rarely in my normal dreams do I manage to ever actually have sex, and orgasms during sleep are even more rare.

But when it is a lucid dream, I can make it pan out so I actually do get to have sex with the person in the dream. Sometimes it is a person I know or occasionally a famous person, but most often it is an imaginary person -- someone I have never known in my waking life.

Despite my ability to direct lucid dreams sometimes, it never really lasts that long. Most of the time I awaken, and I have never been able to make myself have an orgasm in my sleep by manipulating a lucid dream.

B_hardasarokkk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
{"For me this really only happens when im having a nightmare and i force myself to wake up before i get stabbed repeatedly..."

I can still recall that a few months ago I had such a bad dream that I woke myself up yelling ....MMMMMMMMAHHHHHHMMMMMMAAAHHHHMMM.
the noise I made must have been heard by the whole neigbourhood.
I only hoped as I became aware that I was making the noise it was loud enough to scare the demons away!I was so afraid to go back to sleep I read a book for 2 hrs from 5AM till the sun came up. I was about to be killed is all I remember. holy fuck! I hope you never experience that one!
Was it prescription drugs or pills .... I have no idea!

rugger89

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In most cases, I then spend some time bending the dream to be what I want it to be -- if I am running the show then I can experience whatever I want to experience.

yeah ive had that a couple of times with sex dreams. But i can only influence it a little bit and i always end up waking up pretty quickly.

This is then followed by me frantically trying to get back to sleep again hoping i jump back into that dream...i never do :frown1:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Lucid dreaming is useful if you believe in Jungian psychology. You can affect your own subconscious!

I have rescued myself from nightmares without having to actually wake up. You just move on to the next 'script' so to speak. It's also fun to try to see your own hand, make it more like your real life hand, or not, as you desire... also I practice flying much as a young bird must, to be better at steering.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I lucid dream all of the time. It's really cool once you get the hang of it, and there are certain techniques you can implement to become lucid and help maintain lucidity once you get there.
You can use triggers, something that occurs often in your dreams that you can note and realize once you see it, hey you're dreaming!

I've been doing it for a very long time. I love it.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get these kind of dreams too ... it's like .. wait .. these kind of events don't happen in RL .. "this is a dream! cool now what do I do?

now I can do without " bathroom dreams" which is your bladder trying to wake you up to go pee.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I learned to lucid dream years ago from a Buddhist teacher. We had a dream course that ran for one summer and I got it really quickly. I have lucid dreams most nights and can pretty much bend them in the direction I want them to go. Whether or not that is a healthy thing or not, I don't know. It could be an avoidance technique?

I rarely get bad dreams but when I do, I can't control them. Or I should say, they are not lucid. They scare the crap out of me and I wake up.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
I quit smoking almost 30 years ago but cigarettes have figured in lucid dreams ever since. When I find myself smoking a cigarette in a dream, my first reaction is "OMG how did I start smoking again?" but the second reaction is "Phew, it's just a dream." That is the point at which one can start to direct the dream according to lucid dream theory, but I always wake up.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I quit smoking almost 30 years ago but cigarettes have figured in lucid dreams ever since. When I find myself smoking a cigarette in a dream, my first reaction is "OMG how did I start smoking again?" but the second reaction is "Phew, it's just a dream." That is the point at which one can start to direct the dream according to lucid dream theory, but I always wake up.
Now I'd love that! Being able to smoke and enjoy it, but not smoking! Wow! That gives me a good idea...

I forgot to mention earlier- Anyone who is interested in dreams should like the new film by Christopher Nolan. "Inception".

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've not yet learned the mastery of lucid dreaming, but I frequently have highly memorable dreams which will haunt me for days afterward; I also tend to dream in vivid color, FWIW.

D

deleted3782

No DILD or WILD dreams...but I've been having very graphic and detailed sexual dreams lately. If I could turn one of my sex dreams into a DILD...that would be very cool.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Seems I read or have seen something on TV recently about learning how to be aware that you are dreaming.

I'm aware (on the subconscious level) that I've engaged in some dream manipulation of bad dreams to more favorable outcomes usually just before awakening, though sometimes I just awaken.

My "not so bad" dreams generally fall into three categories: located in some home undergoing renovation, located in some sex club like establishment, or at some resort like settings where I'm partially nude (sometimes others are too) and it's all normal (i.e. no one's reacting like it's out of the ordinary). Sometimes the second and third blend. There are others, but these three themes pop up more frequently and seem to run in a series (like a continuation of the one before).

As far as these "not so bad" dreams go, frankly, I don't want to be aware I'm dreaming. The fact that I'm not controlling what happens in them makes them all the more excitingly unpredictable. Besides, I've set enough "controls" for myself IRL. Not in my dreams.

Damien_9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No DILD or WILD dreams...but I've been having very graphic and detailed sexual dreams lately. If I could turn one of my sex dreams into a DILD...that would be very cool.
I had the same kind of dream this morning, i have been lucid dreaming for years, but only recently found out what was, its pretty cool to realise youre in a dream and start controlling what happens. My dream this morning started out at an art show and people from high school were showing up, weird since its been years since i finished, then i saw my best mate from school staring through a window, this is where i started controlling the dream, he came inside and we walked down a hallway, much like a hospital, and there was a room full of colour, it was awesome. the dream ended up us doing many sexual things, such as me topping him, which is a change for me :p, one thing i couldnt change was his size, it stayed the same no matter how hard i tried changing it, im going to look into that, because some things are like that, hard or impossible to manipulate.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
lucid dreaming is awesome.... i especially love the ones where i can make myself fly.... the most disturbing one i had though, was when i dreamed that my dad took my brother and i to a large town square gathering where all of a sudden god appeared from the heavens and peed on everyone.... the crowd was loving it; bathing and dancing in it.... but i wasn't having it so i forced myself awake....

.... not even god is allowed to piss in my cornflakes....