Lucid Dreams

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had flying dreams, many times, and the swimming-underwater-and-realizing-I-could-breathe-down-there dreams, but I have tried for years to induce lucid dreams, and I never have been able to do it.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I started lucid dreaming in my early twenties. It started because I wanted to remember more of my dreams. A friend advised me to say to myself as i was falling asleep, "tonight when I dream, I will remember to wake and record the dream"- like a little meditation. I kept a notebook beside the bed. After a week it started to happen and I would write down the dream and try to understand the meaning in the morning. Sometimes it was just gibberish, but in time I got better at remembering and writing something understandable.

I don't keep the journal anymore and find it very easy to influence the course of my dreams. Sometimes I decide to just end them, other times I will take an active part and react to events.

My favorite flying dream is to be an owl and fly at night around the farm I lived on as a child.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
There are several books written on the subject of lucid dreaming, so you can look it up. The other way is to set it in your mind before you go to sleep to 'remember' and 'be aware'. It isn't an automatic given that it will happen. It means you will need to continue with it.