Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey all, I've got a few straight friends who always say stuff about how I'm "lucky" to be bisexual.

One even says "I wish i was bi. It'd be nice to enjoy dick"

I coach them about how it really has a lot of negatives, does a lot of damage in the dating world (trust issues, misunderstanding, assumptions of homosexuality), and how having more sexual options isn't worth the "price" usually.

Do you all get this from friends too?
"Damn I wish i was bi", that sorta thing?

Reactions: find83

I think it depends on who your friends are. My family and friends don't judge my sexual/emotional partners. They want to see me happy, so they accept the people I'm attracted to.

Reactions: submit452

shard38

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No, never been called lucky. But quite a few friends started to embrace the idea of just leaving gender out of your attraction. When people told me "Oh, I could never be attracted to another man/woman" I've always answered: "That's because you haven't met the right one yet. And you may never will. But don't rule it out."

pengucat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah I get it from both sides, my gay and straight friends, it does bother me sometimes because it kinda feels like they are trivializing bisexuality. I know they probably aren't doing it on purpose but still.

There's no malice to it, it just drives me crazy to hear them pine for this sexuality that has had several costs in my lifetime...

The gay guys I could understand, as they, too, face social stigma. The ones who say they'd "rather be bi" tend to be the ones I suspect would only date women if they were bi, and only sleep with men no-strings-attached.

However, 90% of when I hear this is from my straight friends. Yes, contextually, it typically comes after I've just had some dude come over to bang.
But it still bugs me to have to repeatedly explain that access to more sex doesn't make up for all the distrust you face

Reactions: find83

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There's no malice to it, it just drives me crazy to hear them pine for this sexuality that has had several costs in my lifetime...

The gay guys I could understand, as they, too, face social stigma. The ones who say they'd "rather be bi" tend to be the ones I suspect would only date women if they were bi, and only sleep with men no-strings-attached.

However, 90% of when I hear this is from my straight friends. Yes, contextually, it typically comes after I've just had some dude come over to bang.
But it still bugs me to have to repeatedly explain that access to more sex doesn't make up for all the distrust you face

I totally agree with you man, well put