Luggage Surprise

BJT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a similar experiance last sunday when flying back from Washington DC with my brothers. Ok first my dad took me and my two younger brothers to DC last weekend to see the sights and such before his meeting tuesday. Sunday he dropped us off at the airport then went to his hotel. So pictures this, theres me I look about 18 at most as non threatening as you can get. So me at 20 and my two younger brothers 18 and 14 go through the security gates. Had to pull out my laptop, camera, etc which is a major pain but I don't mind its security and I am glad they are doing it. But then I got taken aside when I was trying to stuff everything back in my backpack (not an easy task). They did a full search of my backpack, made me power up everything I had (cell phone, point and shoot camera, DSLR camera, laptop, mp3 player) and asked me some basic what am I traveling for and who am I with questions.

Basically it was a pain and it was stressful for my brothers who had no idea what was going on. I had them go to the gate and wait for me there, I told them to board the flight if I wasn't back and I would get home. Took them about 15 minutes before they let me go, just a real pain. Still can't figure out why they singled me out...maybe I just had too much electronics for a "kid"

BillyPilgrimOD

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, I guess I can take some small comforts -- I hope they enjoyed examining my glittery pink plastic butt plug and my glass dildo. Do you think they examined them with a metal detector? Perhaps ran chemical tests? You know, it could be a conspiracy; I can hear them now:

"Of course it's airline policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article *a* dildo, never *your* dildo."

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My wife and I travel a great deal and have received several of these notices that our bags have been searched. At first, it did bother us significantly, but as time progressed we've learned to endure it. Those who travel a lot, both domestic and internationally should come to expect this more - unfortunately...

I do think, however, there needs to be some concessions. Understanding and wanting to be safe is a priority, but some of the restrictions and hassels are quite frustrating, i.e., meds (my inhaler having to be in a clear plastic bag and me not knowing - they took it!).

Anyway, as time progresses, I think we will continue to see a surge in how our luggage is "screened" and your "privacy" becoming less visable than what it already is.