Lump, calicum deposit/pearl on nut

luke1982

Just Browsing
Media
Hi all.
Well, I have suffered from epididymitis on and off for about 7 years now, it doesn't really trouble me so much these days I had it checked out by a doc 7 years ago who also noted a cyst on my right epididymis. Which was fine and didnt bother me too much. However also on the testicle I noted a much smaller lump near the epididymis on the actual right testicle about the size of a grain of sand...thought nothing of it, assuming that this was the cyst the doc spoke about. Ok so about five years past, still checking my nuts at least one month to make sure I had nothing else going on down there, when I came across the same lump but it had grown, it measured about three mm.
Anyway I kinda freaked out because obviously this lump had grown, although in quite a large time frame. So i took myself back to the doctors who got me a ultrasound that same day.

Spent the whole ultrasound terrified I had the big C. As soon as he started the ultrasound he said he could tell me instantly I had nothing malignant going on down there. However I did have a few things going on down there....

He told me that I had a hydrocele (sp?) and a varicocele on my right testicle. Just adjacent to the hydrocele is a small calcium deposit/pearl, which is what I have been feeling the whole time.

Anyway seven months have past now and I still kinda worry every now and then as he didnt give me much information on what he found down there, just basically telling me no need for a follow up appointment and there is no cancer present.

I was under the impression calcium deposits/pearls form between the scrotum and the testicle wall, however mine is on the testicle.
Does anyone know what causes these little pearls to form and does anyone else on here have one?

Ive heard of some guys from reading ive been doing online that they can have a few all over their balls, thankfully I only have one...but one's enough to strike worry into me every now and then.

I went to the docs a month ago to speak to another doc who read my ultrasound report and again stated nothing to worry about etc...

Am I just being over the top with worry? I'm like checking my nuts constantly these days which is quite a distraction not to mention the dull ache I get in my right ball from prodding at it so much.

Anyway forgive me for such the long post would be interested to know your thoughts and experiences. Thanks guys :)

luke1982

Just Browsing
Media
Hi Stronk thanks for the reply.

To be honest the hydrocele doesn't cause me any problems, the doctor said he wasn't that interested in it either as it measure less than a cm and I don't even know it's there, like I can't see it nor feel it really.

I guess the only thing i'm worried about is the presence of a calcium pearl/deposit having one just seems odd. He said they're really common and allot of men have them.
But it still worrys me some what, i've had second opinions from other docs and they are not interested either.
I'm just trying to break the habit of constantly checking all the time, drives me up the wall and annoys my partner i'm always on about it.