Lupus

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, my brother's girlfriend has been diagnoses with lupus... It's sad.

But what do you think? Can anyone supply my bro with words of wisdom?

kiahman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey man, sorry to hear that. My mom had Lupus. It can be a rough disease. The important thing to share with your brother is be patient with her, because it can be very frustrating. She may experience a lot of symptoms similar to arthritis, (reynoids syndrome) and some mood changes. For people suffering with Lupus, it can be very difficult because it is not a well known disease. Also try to keep her stress free. Lupus feeds on stress. Often during a lupus flair up, the body's immune system will begin to attack healthy organs. Sort of the opposite of HIV where there is no immune system, lupus brings about an over-active immune system.

Look I am no doctor, but I have experieced a lot with this disease and have some understanding.

Be Well.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are several different types of Lupus. Find out which one she has, and start your research. Whichever variety, it is not an easy disease to deal with, and regardless of how "outrageous" her symptom claims may be, don't be dismissive. It has many symptoms involving many body systems. At times, it may seem like she's exaggerating or fishing for sympathy. She most likely is not.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote=mephistopheles;609315]Well, my brother's girlfriend has been diagnoses with lupus... It's sad.

But what do you think? Can anyone supply my bro with words of wisdom?[/quote]

One of my best friends at school was diagnosed with this, yes very tough. Lots of love, listening, and support. Absolutely no stress. My friend has a very succesful career as a fiction writer. Support from family and friends, especially during periods when things get tough, is really important.