Lurker pmms

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You see, this is why I put up the note about not wanting pmms from lurkers, but apparently this one is too stupid to read my signature. I got this today:

pinewoodie clitoris sucking......., Today, 02:27 AM

Group: Member
Member No.: 21465

hi to all..and u question i would like to as k the ladies......

when u enjoy oral......su prefer ur man to suck ur clitoris...... and if so what is the best way to do it for u girls? so u get the most pleasure from it?

To which I respond now : fuck off and die!

barney:
Originally posted by madame_zora@Feb 5 2005, 07:22 PM
You see, this is why I put up the note about not wanting pmms from lurkers, but apparently this one is too stupid to read my signature. I got this today:

<blah blah>

Hmm. I find your signature a little peculiar really (but would still defend your right to it of course). What if you received a PM from someone who is literate and who does have something to say that&#39;s of interest to you? I gather from your posts that you&#39;ve made some friends in here, which is great, but clearly this can&#39;t have happened without a few exchanges in the forums first. Is it the case that people too reticent to broadcast their thoughts to the internet (something I wouldn&#39;t hold against anyone) couldn&#39;t, by definition, have anything to say that you&#39;d want to read?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by barney+Feb 5 2005, 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barney &#064; Feb 5 2005, 08:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Feb 5 2005, 07:22 PM

<blah blah>

Hmm. I find your signature a little peculiar really (but would still defend your right to it of course). What if you received a PM from someone who is literate and who does have something to say that&#39;s of interest to you? I gather from your posts that you&#39;ve made some friends in here, which is great, but clearly this can&#39;t have happened without a few exchanges in the forums first. Is it the case that people too reticent to broadcast their thoughts to the internet (something I wouldn&#39;t hold against anyone) couldn&#39;t, by definition, have anything to say that you&#39;d want to read?
[post=280420]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

No, absolutely not&#33; Let me go further to add that if anyone doesn&#39;t want to broadcast their thoughts publicly, I have absolutley NO INTEREST AT ALL in their thoughts&#39; personal problems, shyness issues, politics, or whatever. I NEVER appreciate pmms from strangers, EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; So rest assured that if anyone sends them to me, particularly if they are this abrupt and rude, they will go on my list of people NOT to bother getting to know.

Here&#39;s what you don&#39;t understand (sigh), that I&#39;ve explained 1,000 times. I have told my whole life story on here, so lurkers know me fairly well. For me to get to know each individual person that well would take so much time out of my life I literally couldn&#39;t work to support myself. I know this because it happened when I first joined this site. The man-to-woman ratio is far too huge, and I literally don&#39;t have the time (nor the interest) to devote that much of myself to someone about whom I know nothing. Period. Sometimes a newbie or lurker will post on a thread and ask for comments from certain members, and I find this fine, and even nice, but I don&#39;t want pmms from anyone with less than 25 to 30 posts, so I at least have a clue who they are, what brought them here, what they care about, how they treat others, etc. It&#39;s my right to spend my time how I choose, and I choose not to waste it playing "getting to know you" over and over (and over and over) with lurkers.

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Zora, I agree &#33;&#33;

Get now and then hassled by a "100% straight guy" without any proper introduction who seem surprisingly interested in the size of my dick&#33;?

Also I would like to see required at LPSG that people add more information to their profiles. Is age, gender, location and (honest) sexual preferance too much information to give out?

I can understand if somebody doesn&#39;t want to post a pic, but why don&#39;t you fill in your profiles with usefull information to start the conversation ?

I hate talking to somebody with "No Response" in there profile......

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lascap, I know it happens to guys too. I think anyone who posts here much has this problem. I really hate the question "What do you want to know about me?", because the answer is "Nothing&#33; I don&#39;t know you at all, so I&#39;m not curious&#33;".

I would like to see an option to accept pmms ONLY from people on your buddy list, that would solve the whole problem.

someone2004uk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Feb 6 2005, 12:05 AM
I would like to see an option to accept pmms ONLY from people on your buddy list, that would solve the whole problem.
[post=280471]Quoted post[/post]​

Please excuse my naivity if this has already been suggested before. Is there not an option to block PM&#39;s? that way you can stop these unwanted lurkers contacting you with such lurid messages. Then maybe give your buddies your e-mail address, either your actual one or one set up specifically for the purpose of receiving mail from the forum.

Just a thought, I hope it helps.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, as it is right now, i would have to go through the whole membership list and block each one, and update it every day as new members join, which is a lot of work.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Jana had a bad experience with a guy, now banned. He called himself maverackstud. (And yes, I know the spelling of "maverick". This guy didn&#39;t.) Then he called himself COLON O&#39;BRYAN. (And yes, I know it&#39;s Conan O&#39;Brien.) Then he called himself DocSavage. Most recently he was . . . what again?

Either way, his IP&#39;s now blackholed, which means he&#39;ll have to either get a new computer or log on from a public workstation; the latter will probably get him larted due to the simple fact that much of this forum is NSFW.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Feb 5 2005, 04:24 PM
[Sometimes a newbie or lurker will post on a thread and ask for comments from certain members, and I find this fine, and even nice, but I don&#39;t want pmms from anyone with less than 25 to 30 posts, so I at least have a clue who they are, what brought them here, what they care about, how they treat others, etc. It&#39;s my right to spend my time how I choose, and I choose not to waste it playing "getting to know you" over and over (and over and over) with lurkers.
[post=280429]Quoted post[/post]​

woohoo I&#39;ve got 30 posts&#33;

anyway, i can definately understand zora&#39;s point. it&#39;s always disappointing to find those people that choose to ruin the goodwill of a person they verbally toy with

lacsap, i admit I&#39;m guilty of not showing every bit of info on myself. This is my first time on a site like this, so I guess I&#39;m just a bit paranoid about people finding out who I am and what I&#39;ve posted. However, this is a great forum where I feel I can discuss next to anything without any real inhibition, and I&#39;ve been very surprised by it, so I&#39;ll add a bit to my profile if it makes you happy :)

B_HungSpermBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora+Feb 5 2005, 05:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Feb 5 2005, 05:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by barney@Feb 5 2005, 08:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
@Feb 5 2005, 07:22 PM

<blah blah>

[post=280420]Quoted post[/post]​

No, absolutely not&#33; Let me go further to add that if anyone doesn&#39;t want to broadcast their thoughts publicly, I have absolutley NO INTEREST AT ALL in their thoughts&#39; personal problems, shyness issues, politics, or whatever. I NEVER appreciate pmms from strangers, EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; So rest assured that if anyone sends them to me, particularly if they are this abrupt and rude, they will go on my list of people NOT to bother getting to know.

Here&#39;s what you don&#39;t understand (sigh), that I&#39;ve explained 1,000 times. I have told my whole life story on here, so lurkers know me fairly well. For me to get to know each individual person that well would take so much time out of my life I literally couldn&#39;t work to support myself. I know this because it happened when I first joined this site. The man-to-woman ratio is far too huge, and I literally don&#39;t have the time (nor the interest) to devote that much of myself to someone about whom I know nothing. Period. Sometimes a newbie or lurker will post on a thread and ask for comments from certain members, and I find this fine, and even nice, but I don&#39;t want pmms from anyone with less than 25 to 30 posts, so I at least have a clue who they are, what brought them here, what they care about, how they treat others, etc. It&#39;s my right to spend my time how I choose, and I choose not to waste it playing "getting to know you" over and over (and over and over) with lurkers.
[post=280429]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Madame Zora, I&#39;m sorry you&#39;ve been getting pmms like the ones you described. I&#39;m new & also have been getting them. Thanx for your cool comments about my photos on the gallery.

Jeff

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
Amen, Zora, and other nods of agreement.

I have my own suspicions of lurkers, and I am continually annoyed at the B.S. they post.

For what ever it&#39;s worth, I&#39;ve enjoyed your thoughts and insights, and am glad you are here.

Thanks for you kind words, and your harsh ones when they are warrented. I think you are wise and needed among us.

Buff

Nienna

Just Browsing
Media
Madame Z you have a way of saying exactly what needs to be said without understating or overstateing. I too have gotten many pm&#39;s and mostly they are from people who have no or little posts asking me to chat, or whatever. And I haven&#39;t been here nearly as long you&#33;

I have recieved a few pm&#39;s from a couple of interesting people (you know who are :) ), but they were intellegent posts not the mindless mundane idiocity of some.

So to those of who don&#39;t get a response, you know why.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nienna, you are a perfect example of how best to use this site. You came in new, participated with the group, and now you&#39;re one of the buddies&#33; I like to make new friends this way and I always try to be welcoming to new posters because I know how intimidating it was for me to get started here amoung an established community of friends. Many sites are much harder to be accepted in, here we try hard to treat new members well. So many people were nice to me, it seems like a priveledge to help welcome other new people.

Hungspermboy, your pics are awesome, you make me wish I was younger :wub:
Likewise, I look forward to reading your insights around the board.

Buffmusicidol (I love that name&#33;), I&#39;m glad you understand. The last thing I would want to do is chase away anyone who has an interest in being here. I just want to be treated with a modicum of respect.

Altairion (and anyone with blank profiles), it&#39;s easy enough to fill out the minor info in the profiles. Many who are here wish to remain anonymous and that&#39;s fine. It just gives us a bit of info on who we are talking to so we can converse better. I don&#39;t think anyone here has had a problem of being "outted" in the real world, so I hope you&#39;ll feel comfortable enough to fill yours out. I am glad you are here&#33;

By the way, I know most of our membership will continue to lurk, and that&#39;s fine, but if you wish to stay in the shadows, then stay there. No one likes "all give and no take" relationships, so anyone sticking their neck out to post on here will not likely be pleased to have "private friendships" with you.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by Knight@Feb 5 2005, 02:31 PM
That&#39;s a shame Zora, but lookin hot ;)
[post=280412]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks for your input. In my own research I also that found the Kinsey Survey is 6.1, but later surveys showled average as 5.1, a difference of one inch. The difference in the two surveys is that the Kinsey Survey recorded the participants response. In the second report, nurses and doctors did the measuring. Where the biggest difference was is the greater number of men under 4 inches. That will always change the average down significantly. In the Kinsey report, men under four inches either didn&#39;t participate in the study, or exagerated their penis length on the survey.

Thanks for finding this and putting it here on the forum.
:blush: :huh:
I don&#39;t know how this got on this thread. It is true that I typed this. Mystery to me. It doesn&#39;t belong here. I must find the thread and move it. No, I am not losing my mind. I never had one to lose.

Freddie

Spork

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by lacsap1@Feb 5 2005, 03:41 PM
Zora, I agree &#33;&#33;

Get now and then hassled by a "100% straight guy" without any proper introduction who seem surprisingly interested in the size of my dick&#33;?

Also I would like to see required at LPSG that people add more information to their profiles. Is age, gender, location and (honest) sexual preferance too much information to give out?
[post=280436]Quoted post[/post]​

That&#39;s one reason I haven&#39;t posted pictures or profile information: I don&#39;t want to be hassled like that. Maybe someday I&#39;ll feel more comfortable, but for now I&#39;m content to let people know me through my posts.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
lart -- to, ah, educate a clue-challenged user, usually by whacking them over the head with a two-by-four
blackhole -- to block a TCP/IP address, or in some cases an entire ISP

Both terms appear to have started in the mid-90s, when users started realizing "I can send this fifty times and it won&#39;t cost me a dime." Various methods to counteract that had to be devised.

PonyPete

Experimental Member
Media
An undisclosed location in central Louisiana
Originally posted by Spork@Feb 7 2005, 10:23 PM
That&#39;s one reason I haven&#39;t posted pictures or profile information: I don&#39;t want to be hassled like that. Maybe someday I&#39;ll feel more comfortable, but for now I&#39;m content to let people know me through my posts.
[post=280903]Quoted post[/post]​

The only picture I have posted is my avatar and there is minimal personal information in my profile. That doesn&#39;t prevent me from getting unwanted PMs. One piece of info included in my profile is my birthdate, so anyone can see I&#39;m 17, but folks keep PMing me asking for dick pics. Look, I know there&#39;s at least one pic of a naked 17 year old with a boner in the gallery, but I&#39;m not one to do that. I ignore PMs with pic requests.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess I&#39;m just lucky I haven&#39;t been hit up with PM&#39;s yet then. I&#39;m not too concerned with the info I&#39;ve put on my profile as of now, so if people really want to know a few things about me I&#39;ll go ahead and let em. As for pics, I don&#39;t have a digital camera around, so even if someone asks...i won&#39;t have em :)