Lurkers, Chime In!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Jul 7, 2003.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

It seems like there's an active sect of the LPSG and then there are people who prefer not to post, but simply read through (or "lurk") the threads. I'm not criticizing anybody who may feel shy, doesn't have a whole lot to share, or has his or her reasons.

I don't know. Maybe I'm a little naive and want (too badly) for everybody to feel like they have a place around here and that their input, whatever it is, can go appreciated. I know I post pretty frequently, and hey, I'll admit, it's a little daunting to see the same... what, 10-20 individuals... posting all the time?

New blood, new blood! Or input. Or something. Maybe it'll start here.

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Dee's right - we don't bite...hard.

(credit to Austin Powers)

I for one welcome new additions to our fold...post away, lurkers - that's how we all started one day many many boards ago.

7x6&C

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Apparently it's not their fault, Dee.

I've heard that they're the victims of those cheapo computers that charge extra for a keyboard.

Pecker

4. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Pecker - LOL.

Ok - but we're getting away from the thrust of Dee's thread by having the three of us post here....

Ah, well...I hold out hope for the thread Dee...you may wish to "refresh it" every couple of days to ensure it stays near the top of the list of threads, too...

7x6&C

5. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: Hey Dee, I've decided to bring your thread back to the front. I've noticed that a few long time lurkers have finally posted and it's great to hear from them. So maybe some more them will post.

Come out from behind the curtains lurkers.

6. Imported

Gold Member

Panthera_3000: [quote author=jackinman link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=0#4 date=08/13/03 at 00:52:59]Hey Dee, I've decided to bring your thread back to the front. I've noticed that a few long time lurkers have finally posted and it's great to hear from them.  So maybe some more them will post.

Come out from behind the curtains lurkers. [/quote]

:-* Here I am !!! Lurker that doesn't lurk anymore ! I'll imagine this invitation was for me !!! I'm glad to be here, wild, sarcastic and o-u-t-s-p-o-k-e-n ! ;D Thanks, jackinman !

For those who don't "love" me ( :'( ) (and I know there is at least one... ::) ) : don't worry, I'll leave... one day. 8) But I had to punch the pretty nose of a "highly placed LPSG member" ! Feels so good :D [*witch laughter sound... echoes... *] !

7. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: hhmm wonder about the last post???
    I'm sure someone knows what it means.

8. Imported

Gold Member

Rich2003: I agree, all Lurkers should come out and chat.

I'm still pretty new to the site and have been logging on 4 about two months (didn;t do any lurking myself)

I'd just like to say to all of u Lurkers that there's nothing to be afraid of- I've felt accepted by the group and have found the site interesting, useful and at times amusing (especially Pecker- his messages crack me up)

Also just recently met up with a girl who logs on to the site (shes also a lurker but sent me a private)who lives close by to me in the UK. We've had one date and going on another at the weekend. Her main reason for not posting is because she says she feels threatened by the eloquence of most posters. I've joked with her that she may need the group more if she's gonna date me!!!!

Perhaps a few more grammatical errors and a bit of bad spelling may encourage more people to join in.

Rich

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=aussiechick63 link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=0#6 date=08/13/03 at 04:49:43]hhmm wonder about the last post???
    I'm sure someone knows what it means.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what he means. However, his impotent punch left no lasting on my 'pretty nose'!

10. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Yeah... I wondered if that was directed at you, DMW... the writing style was reminscent of TLD... your reply tells me it probably is the same guy....

11. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Not as easy as it seems to us regular posters to post. Alot of people just don't have much to say. It's also hard to start if you are not used to doing it.

12. Imported

Gold Member

hawl: [quote author=Rich2003 link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=0#7 date=08/13/03 at 05:25:25]I agree, all Lurkers should come out and chat.
    Also just recently met up with a girl who logs on to the site (shes also a lurker but sent me a private)who lives close by to me in the UK. Her main reason for not posting is because she says she feels threatened by the eloquence of most posters.
    Perhaps a few more grammatical errors and a bit of bad spelling may encourage more people to join in.

[/quote]
    I wante that the femal types joyn in should.gimme gimme.me hve big one. soe bigg good. u rite down how u like big.

13. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: Back off, rrrrrr!

You heard me!!
    :D

I emerged from lurkdom, and I have to tell you all that the past couple of weeks have been the most freeing of my life. You all may take this place for granted, and I have to admit that some of the things I've read have REALLY opened my eyes. :eek:

But it's soooo great to not be judged harshly - first, in my personal life with a wonderful BIG :p guy. And now here!!!

I mean, I'm thirty four fucking years old and in two areas of my life for the first time, I feel sexy and gorgeous and accepted!!

Sure, I'm not. But that doesn't count, does it? :D

Love this place!!

14. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: W Virigina - (can I call you Mountain Mama a la John Denver?) :D--

You're so right - it is a freeing place. And once you start posting, you can't stop. It's like Pringles (TM).

You can pretty much talk about anything, especially on this section of the board, and just let the discussion run...

7x6&C

15. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=0#13 date=08/17/03 at 10:32:47]W Virigina - (can I call you Mountain Mama a la John Denver?) :D--
    7x6&C
    [/quote]
    " Country road...... take me home.....to the place.......West Virginia.....lalalala something like that. :D
    Sorry Paul, but I'm a huge John Denver fan. Always loved his music. Now you have me singing his songs, lol.
    I'm glad you can't hear me though, I can't sing for shit. lol

16. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=0#12 date=08/16/03 at 18:22:42]...Love this place!!
    [/quote]

We love you too, WV, and we're glad you're posting.

As for that damned song - thanks - it'll be stuck in my head for hours. <runs around the house screaming>

Pecker

(Get Your Biscuits In the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed)

17. Imported

Gold Member

throb919:
    Kind-of like that #@$%* John Denver/WV song! Damn you, Paul! It's been 2-and-a-half hours since I read that post and I'm still hearing "...all my memories gather 'round her, miner's lady, stranger to blue waters..." in my head!

So this post is to say "Welcome, Allie" and to put the song back in your head, 7x6&C, and exorcize it from mine...!

18. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Allie:  

As a woman, I find this board to be an incredibly liberating place where sexuality may be discussed freely.  there aren't a whole lot of places for women to do that.  And the stuff I have learned about how guys think!  oo-la-la!  I can be standing in line at the grocery store, start talking to the guy next to me, and the next thing I know, he is asking me out.  My friends are incredulous - what kind of mojo do I have going on here?  I am not a young chick, although I am an incredibly gorgeous full-figured chick!  But what my friends can not see is the insider knowledge I have on what and how guys think about sex.  Not that the topic in the line steers to sex, but I dunno... I guess I am much more comfortable with my sexuality as the result of this board.

Well - too much about me...

on behalf of the Ladies Auxillary who will make a killing with our marketing ideas if we ever do have a RL meet...

WELCOME!

<A word to any other female lurkers out there... come on in!  the water is fine!>

19. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: I agree totally Nony, i too actually learned a lot from everyone here, and the topics discussed.

It provides with a lotta answers, and some new enticing new questions. It's good to read other opinions, other likes and dislikes, other ways of dealing with certain issues, and, maybe unconsciously, it works therapeutically on many other things, i dunno.

So keep it coming! And indeed, anyone lurking, don't hesitate, post your opinion, let yourself be heard!

20. Imported

Gold Member

KidBroTrouble: My spelling, grammar and punctuation are not particularly bad, I've never been accused of being shy, and I'm not without opinions, but I lurk. I was warned by my brother upon joining that I might be picked on by certain members because of my relationship to him, which turned out to be true; I'd rather stay on the sidelines than be in the line of fire. And though I have opinions, they're hardly unique and the same opinions are posted by others here who also have them. So for now, I think I'll continue to lurk, thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted