Lurkers, Chime In!

awellhungboi: Hmm, well, just from looking at that post kidbro, it seems like you would have a lot to add. Nevertheless, as someone who is shy in real life I understand and respect anyone who decides, "Nah, I'll just read for now."

jackinman: That's ok Kidbro, I understand your concerns buddy.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I understand your hesitation to participate, Kidbro, and I'm sorry some snerts chose to take exception to your family tree. I'm glad you're with us. I directed one of my sons-in-law to this board when I discovered that he's 'qualified' but he prefers to lurk rather than participate and he's a U.S. Marine. Both of my sons check the board once in a while (we sometimes discuss some of the topics) but neither is interested in posting.

Lurkers, you don't have to be profound. You don't have to exhibit the genious of Plato or teach us like Socrates. You don't have to bring us to tears or laughter. Just a post that says, 'me, too' or 'I know how you feel' would be welcome. Just hearing a word or two from you will make you and us feel you are a part of our very unique brotherhood.

And if you can't post as you pass through, just say "Hi!"

Pecker

(If You Can't Be Good, Son, Be Good at It)

AnonyMs: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=20#22 date=08/19/03 at 13:50:33]
Lurkers, you don't have to be profound.  You don't have to exhibit the genious of Plato or teach us like Socrates.  You don't have to bring us to tears or laughter.  Just a post that says, 'me, too' or 'I know how you feel' would be welcome.  Just hearing a word or two from you will make you and us feel you are a part of our very unique brotherhood.[/quote]

... and sisterhood!

7x6andchg: [late night announcer infomercial voice]

Plus - if you don't post - you can't get these pretty stars and this ever-elongating ASCII penis!

[/late night announcer infomercial voice]

wvalady1968: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1057558816;start=0#17 date=08/18/03 at 12:29:47]Allie:  

And the stuff I have learned about how guys think!  oo-la-la!  I can be standing in line at the grocery store, start talking to the guy next to me, and the next thing I know, he is asking me out.  My friends are incredulous - what kind of mojo do I have going on here?  I am not a young chick, although I am an incredibly gorgeous full-figured chick!  But what my friends can not see is the insider knowledge I have on what and how guys think about sex.  Not that the topic in the line steers to sex, but I dunno... I guess I am much more comfortable with my sexuality as the result of this board.

Well - too much about me...

on behalf of the Ladies Auxillary who will make a killing with our marketing ideas if we ever do have a RL meet...

WELCOME!

[/quote]

So true!!! And thanks. I think I'll be staying!!
:D

Shaolin: I used to post a little back when this place was making the transition from the old EZboard, but
I stopped for some reason. I guess I just liked reading the topics more. I'll try to change that. Hello LPSG. :)

HUMONGOUS: has anyone taken a serious look into why someone may not want to post. i think this is an area worth exploring. we just heard one example from a guy who stated that his grammar was not up to par. ok that is understandable. another reason why someone may not want to post after seeing some exchanges on here is none other than ---intimidation. it can be very intimidating to post on here if you are not secure. a lot of the readers here are rude and discourteous and prone to attack you if they do not agree with you, and you must be able to hey! defend yourself. this should not be. the members of this board should take into consideration that everyone is entitled to their opinion. they should be mindful of that and respect it. we are not authorities on anything and we are sharing our views, our experiences, and  our feelings. and yet you have folks who are not mindul of that and want to engage in petty arguments and perpetuate, and endlessly debate. this can be very disconcerting to new members. there are people on this board especially moderators who set a very nasty tone, and some new members are afraid of being singled out and challenged.
there are moderators for the most part who do not moderate and let the threads turn into areas of discension and insult threads. and then you wonder why people lurk?  :p ::) :eek: :-[ :eek: :eek: