Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I never understood some of the anti lurker feelings that cropped up, but I didn't understand why people would bother to take the time register and never post. If all I wanted to do was read the posts, I'd do it and not register. It's much easier.

I've only had a few obnoxious PMs from lurkers. I now know that if it's from a lurker, the best thing to do is to just delete before reading. It's easy and with one click of a button, they are gone. It didn't bother me, no harm done. No muss, no fuss.

I hate that some of the lurkers are feeling pushed out because I lurked for several weeks before I first posted about 4 or 5 years ago now, back in one of the early incarnations of the board. We all lurked at some point, we should give the non-freak lurkers a break. It's the wierdos who ruin it for everyone.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've written to TexasGuy and asked him to stick around. I'm not sure why anyone is bothered by visitors to the site who never post anything. There's never been a requirement to post at the LPSG.

I'm thrilled that there are so many members who do participate, but I'm also very happy that there are so many who visit and never say a word. It tells me that there are thousands of people out there who are visiting the LPSG to learn about themselves and/or human sexuality in general. Maybe they find some of the posters amusing. What's wrong with that?

Again, if anyone is being harassed, please let me know and I will take care of it as soon as I possibly can.

I have nothing else to say about this, but if you want to continue the discussion, be my guest.

Sam1070

Experimental Member
Media
With regard to the original post, what difference does it make? I, too, post rarely, but I check the board each day because I find it to be a learning experience. I have never harassed anyone, nor have I ever sent a PM to anyone. Please do not turn this into a place dominated by a small clique, which it is already perceived to be by some. I think some of us would be less reluctant to post if we felt that our views, particularly if they do not conform to those of the majority, would not encite such flaming, stereotyping, and name- calling. There is a definite need for more objectivity, but I know that is being unrealistic.

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I see nothing wrong with having members here who do not post at all or don't fill out their profile. Now, if I had my druthers everyone would post and have a completed profile but that obviously is never going to happen. I don't get PM's from people (nobody wuvs me :cry: ) but I can certainly see why you would want to have some information to go by before reading them.

If you have issues with lurkers, etc., then do what the lovely MadameZora did and just lay it all out for everyone to see. That way there are no ifs, ands or buts about it. There are several people here that I would like to PM and get to know better but I personally don't feel like the board really knows enough about me. I also feel that it would be awfully presumptuous that someone would want to read a PM from me without a lot of background info.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling now...

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, I know I said I wouldn't comment on this again :+ , but I just made an announcement related to this topic.

In order to make the member list more relevant and user-friendly, members who do not visit the board for 90 days will be deleted. You do not have to post anything; you only have to visit once every 90 days. Gold Members are exempt from this new requirement.

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by SpiceboyMJ@May 25 2005, 09:07 AM
Way to go Mister Mark! Great idea as usual!  :bounce:
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

I second that!

While I'm at it , though, I would ask everyone to remember that not all of us have time to be here constantly. I'm usually logged on for a good part of the day, but I don't always have time to post. I wish it were otherwise, but that's life. I know I'm not alone in this, so please cut us "low posters" a little slack.

B-man

P.S. Remember, life is what happens when you're making other plans.

islandman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, Ok, - I don't have anything to say.

I just don't want to be considered a lurker. I haven't PM anybody but I will admit to sending an emai to three people.

They were just to say HI. That's it!

One very nice person suggested that I make a few post because numerous people here don't like lurkers.

*waves to everybody* It sure is difficult to meet people here.

islandman

hung_big:
Originally posted by islandman@May 29 2005, 07:34 PM
Ok, Ok, - I don't have anything to say.

I just don't want to be considered a lurker. I haven't PM anybody but I will admit to sending an emai to three people.

They were just to say HI. That's it!

One very nice person suggested that I make a few post because numerous people here don't like lurkers.

islandman
[post=316092]Quoted post[/post]​

*Waves back!*

Hello there!

And I have to disagree, meeting people here is quite easy. Take Jana's (madame_zora) advice: get to know people in the public eye (meaning on the boards). I find that it is the easiest, most comfortable way for most. If you jump in and enjoy the community it'll be great. Also, filling out the profile is a good start; it's a good icebreaker if nothing else.

You may also want to take note that Sundays are slow days, so if people don't respond to you it is probably because they are away from the computer or doing something of importance.

That nice person wouldn't happen to have been me, now would it ;) ?

Chris

islandman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hung,

Advice taken. I've filled out me profile.
Yes Sir - That nice person would be you!
I would like to thank you, *extends hand - shakes*

Nice to meet ya.

< It&#39;s Monday here, I&#39;m situated on the other side of the international date line. So far removed from civilization it isn&#39;t funny. Hence the name=islandman>

Again Thanks&#33;
islandman

I&#39;ve been given permission to include somebody in my " Friends " list. WhoooHooo&#33;

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by islandman@May 29 2005, 06:34 PM
Ok, Ok, - I don&#39;t have anything to say.

I just don&#39;t want to be considered a lurker. I haven&#39;t PM anybody but I will admit to sending an emai to three people.

They were just to say HI. That&#39;s it&#33;

One very nice person suggested that I make a few post because numerous people here don&#39;t like lurkers.

islandman
[post=316092]Quoted post[/post]​

*waves hello to islandman*

It&#39;s not terribly difficult to make friends on here once you get over the inital first post nervousness. Thats how it worked out for me. I made an account and looked around for a day or two before finally posting an introduction. Everyone was very friendly to me. Since then I&#39;ve spoken to several members on various messengers as well as on the phone and I consider many of them to be "friends" wether I&#39;ve met them in person or not.

I for one certainly hope to hear more from you as well as any other members that have not posted yet. It&#39;s always nice to see a new face and new perspective on things.

*hugs and welcome*

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I&#39;ll add my welcome, Islandman&#33; Talk to us and we&#39;ll be your friends, it&#39;s that easy&#33;

Again, I want to reiterate that lurkers are fine, everyone has their own reasons for being here. Obviously a lot more will read than post, my only complaint is with non-posting members who want me to be their secret friend- it ain&#39;t gonna happen.
I don&#39;t have time to play "getting to know you" individually with everyone who joins just because they are too shy to post in public. Sorry, it&#39;s just a time management decision I had to make in order to protect my free time, which I don&#39;t feel I owe to random people I don&#39;t know. I just don&#39;t like having to spend ten or twelve hours finding out I really don&#39;t have much in common with someone, see? We should all get to choose who we WANT to exchange further communication with based on knowing something about them. If all I know about you is you like my posts, I have no reason to be interested in you at all.

Lurkers who don&#39;t pester anyone draw no wrath from me, eventually many of them will post when they find the right time and place, and we&#39;ll be right here to welcome them.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by islandman@May 30 2005, 12:06 AM
Hung,

Advice taken. I&#39;ve filled out me profile.
Yes Sir - That nice person would be you&#33;
I would like to thank you, *extends hand - shakes*

Nice to meet ya.

< It&#39;s Monday here, I&#39;m situated on the other side of the international date line. So far removed from civilization it isn&#39;t funny. Hence the name=islandman>

Again Thanks&#33;
islandman

I&#39;ve been given permission to include somebody in my " Friends " list. WhoooHooo&#33;
[post=316103]Quoted post[/post]​

I have no problem with people adding me to their lists, in fact I would love to get to know more people here, but if you do add me, please send me a message telling me who you are first (because i like to know with whom I am talking)

Steve.xx