lying about your height

clearlycanadien

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i've noticed that a lot of dudes exaggerate their height by 1-3 inches in certain social situations, or even on drivers licenses. and it's not always the short people. i have friends that are 5'11 that tell people that they're 6'2

how common do you think this is? I'm 5'7 and I've been telling the truth, but maybe i should start telling people that i'm 5'9? i hate being short :(

I'm 5'9" barefoot, 5'10" in shoes or boots. I usually say one or the other.

I'm perfectly fine with my average height, and I'm still comfortably taller than most women. There are some exceptions of course.

I've noticed this too. I'm over 6 feet tall and I'm taller than 80% of the people I see every day. Lots of men are uninformed or they just plain lie out of insecurity (kind of like penis size). From my own observations, most guys fall between 5'9-5'11.

lol...well, i am 5'5 and a half, and i do sometimes add an inch or two to my height if asked sometimes. plus, there are these slippers i wear that give me an inch more in height, but i'm still shorter than everyone else. sucks, but i deal with it.

I'm not tall. At all. One could say short, even. :p
But why lie about it? Lying doesn't change height perception among the people around you. Saying, "I'm 6 feet" when you're really 5'9"-5'11" doesn't make you a socially commanding tall guy, as far as I know.

I'm 5'9" I've never felt any need to lie or even fib about my height. I think the average is 5'9". Of course that translates to 69 inches :)

If you meet someone for a date from online and they say they are also 5'9" you shouldn't be able to see clearly over their head! I've had that happen...
Things didn't progress very far.

I'm not tall. At all. One could say short, even. :p
But why lie about it? Lying doesn't change height perception among the people around you. Saying, "I'm 6 feet" when you're really 5'9"-5'11" doesn't make you a socially commanding tall guy, as far as I know.
I'd say it happens more online. It'd be stupid to lie about it in person for that reason.

I'd say it happens more online. It'd be stupid to lie about it in person for that reason.
In my experience, it happens equally online as well as off.
The only difference being lying guys I meet in person tell me that I am off about my height, and downgrading by an inch or two for some unknown reason. Actual arguments have ensued, btw. :rolleyes:

With the few people I have met from online, or setups through friends, I just assume they were outright lying. I know the difference between 5'6 and 5'10 - one puts you at boobie height, the other almost eye to eye. :rolleyes: In closing, don't lie.

Oh, and ITA w/ KurtisTrent, short guys can be cute. Very cute. :smile:

I don't know why people give their height with shoes on, like "I'm 5'11" in my sneakers." Your height is measured barefoot.

I guess men exaggerate about their height just like they exaggerate about cock size or anything else.

By the way, I started poll a while ago asking for men's heights:
http://www.lpsg.org/65873-men-how-tall-are-you.html

Actually I find it hilarious when people blatently lie about their height. I'm 5'10" and wish I was taller but would never lie about it.

I was having a conversation with this guy I work with who somehow dropped into the conversation that he was 6' tall..the guy is the EXACT same height as me if not a little shorter. It was so funny because after I told him I was 5'10" he actively avoided standing next to me all day..he would talk to me and back away as I walked towards him as if I was going to find out his secret...

so funny.

I don't know why people give their height with shoes on, like "I'm 5'11" in my sneakers." Your height is measured barefoot.
Only short people, or people who think they are short do that. :tongue:

I guess men exaggerate about their height just like they exaggerate about cock size or anything else.
They do it because height is worshipped in this country. I met a guy from online who had said he was 5'10". When he came to the door I was almost taller than him and I was wearing drugstore flip-flops! :eek: Obviously he had lied. later he said are you sure you are 5'9" and actually pushed down on my head as I stood before him! :wtf1: If he hadn't been such a good lay I wouldn't have seen him again :lmao:

By the way, I started poll a while ago asking for men's heights:
http://www.lpsg.org/65873-men-how-tall-are-you.html

I'm 5'9" I've never felt any need to lie or even fib about my height. I think the average is 5'9". Of course that translates to 69 inches :)
:smile:
We're the same height.
If you meet someone for a date from online and they say they are also 5'9" you shouldn't be able to see clearly over their head! I've had that happen...
Things didn't progress very far.
ROTFLMAO :rofl:

Yeah, this guy I know is obsessed about heights and I can tell he envies me for my height. It's sad, really. He also lies about it because he claims he's 5'9 but you can tell that it's "with shoes on". I feel that most people don't register someone who is 5'9" as being short unless it's from the perspective of a taller woman or something. I am just happy with my height, which is over 6'. It has its advantages but I think people just blow it out of proportion due to complexes.

My only complaint about my height is I don't stand out enough in a sea of taller people. The worst is when two taller people are talking with one another, and they are usually standing in the way of where I need to get to. I can stand there, say excuse me, all that jazz, and they don't even notice me. I feel like a little kid next to them.