Lyme disease

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is anyone else here dealiing with it? I went undiagnosed a long time, like twelve years, and got pretty sick. When you have it that long it can go chronic and it has. I'm doing well now but anticipate being on antibiotics for the indefinite future. There is a huge and nasty medical controversy over this, which further complicates trying to get diagnosed and treated.

If there is any interest, I would like to discuss further; mainly to educate and help others who are in this boat. My doctor says that I have made the best recovery he has seen, so information and experience I have may be helpful to others.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Daryl Hall (amazing singer) had this too. I'm curious to know more about it. I had foolishly assumed it was caught from tic infested bedsheets or something but it sounds like you just need one little tic to become infected?

It was serious for Daryl too, he lost a lot of weight. He wasn't exactly fat to begin with. Good luck dealing with it! Maybe look up some natural treatments? Organic strawberry juice stops cancer cells apparently, so there could be something out there to help with Lyme disease.

But if it's still being studied, maybe not. Chin up :smile:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I'm presently being treated for it,I got it from a tick and I'm on antibiotics-Doxycycline Hyclate -100mg -2 times a day.They caught it right away so no health problems,I was very lucky.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

P.S., I only live about 70 miles from Lymn Connecticut from where the name derives.Or so I've been told

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey folks, thanks for your interest. Another celebrity who has it and has done a lot to raise public consciousness in best-selling author, Amy Tan (The Joy Luck Club). She addresses the topic in a recent book.

Daryl Hall has a good bit of good information on his web site.

RoyalT: Yep, one tick. Also, it MAY be sexually transmissible.