Lyme disease

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dave NoCal, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is anyone else here dealiing with it? I went undiagnosed a long time, like twelve years, and got pretty sick. When you have it that long it can go chronic and it has. I'm doing well now but anticipate being on antibiotics for the indefinite future. There is a huge and nasty medical controversy over this, which further complicates trying to get diagnosed and treated.

If there is any interest, I would like to discuss further; mainly to educate and help others who are in this boat. My doctor says that I have made the best recovery he has seen, so information and experience I have may be helpful to others.

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Wow, sorry to hear that. I've only known one person with Lyme disease, and they got it from a tick... had it cleared up within a couple weeks. He was damn sick though. Throwing up, blacking out, feelings of dillusion... pretty nasty stuff.

3. RoyalT

RoyalT New Member

Daryl Hall (amazing singer) had this too. I'm curious to know more about it. I had foolishly assumed it was caught from tic infested bedsheets or something but it sounds like you just need one little tic to become infected?

It was serious for Daryl too, he lost a lot of weight. He wasn't exactly fat to begin with. Good luck dealing with it! Maybe look up some natural treatments? Organic strawberry juice stops cancer cells apparently, so there could be something out there to help with Lyme disease.

But if it's still being studied, maybe not. Chin up :smile:

4. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I'm presently being treated for it,I got it from a tick and I'm on antibiotics-Doxycycline Hyclate -100mg -2 times a day.They caught it right away so no health problems,I was very lucky.

5. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    P.S., I only live about 70 miles from Lymn Connecticut from where the name derives.Or so I've been told

6. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey folks, thanks for your interest. Another celebrity who has it and has done a lot to raise public consciousness in best-selling author, Amy Tan (The Joy Luck Club). She addresses the topic in a recent book.

Daryl Hall has a good bit of good information on his web site.

RoyalT: Yep, one tick. Also, it MAY be sexually transmissible.

Draft saved Draft deleted