Madame Tussaud's

Marlboro woman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Last Sunday my boyfriend and me went to Madame Tussaud's in London, has anyone been there? It is amazing how lifelike the waxworks are, I was surprised to see you can even touch them (within reason). My favourites were Martin Luther King, Boris Becker and Brian Lara (if anyone asks who he is I will scream :mad: ). Nicole Kidman was very, very popular, she has an amazing aura and must be truly beautiful in real life. Mostly women standing next to her waxwork, I think most of the men were intimidated, even my boyfriend was awewstruck. I stood next to her (well, her waxwork at least), I am taller than she is :redface: but she is very slim, I won't hold it against her.

Warning - if you ever go allow 3 hours for the queue or book in advance.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been to the Madame Tussaud's in Las Vegas, where most of the figures we're pretty great. I had no idea that J.Lo was so short. Plus, the figure blushes when you grab her ass. :p

but geez! the one in London is that popular?!?! 3 hours for the queue? yikes.

and i would love to see the Nicole Kidman figure in person because i love her. lol...but i've seen a picture of one they created (i don't know which location it was) but they totally got the eyes wrong. She looked more like Brooke Burns.

Marlboro woman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You certainly do have a thing about Nicole don't you ... the one that surprised me was Beyonce, the waxwork was so pale-skinned that I didn't recognise her.

I've been to the Madame Tussaud's in Las Vegas, where most of the figures we're pretty great. I had no idea that J.Lo was so short. Plus, the figure blushes when you grab her ass. :p

but geez! the one in London is that popular?!?! 3 hours for the queue? yikes.

and i would love to see the Nicole Kidman figure in person because i love her. lol...but i've seen a picture of one they created (i don't know which location it was) but they totally got the eyes wrong. She looked more like Brooke Burns.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last Sunday my boyfriend and me went to Madame Tussaud's in London, has anyone been there?

I went years ago as a kid, and I (vaguely) remember it as being one of the most boring afternoons of my life, sorry. The idea of gawking at wax dummies still bores me, though I imagine it's improved a lot in technical terms since then. Maybe I'll go again ... one day.

Still, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. :biggrin1:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I went years ago as a kid, and I (vaguely) remember it as being one of the most boring afternoons of my life, sorry. The idea of gawking at wax dummies still bores me, though I imagine it's improved a lot in technical terms since then. Maybe I'll go again ... one day.

Still, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. :biggrin1:

I was about to post something similar (apart from the bit about having been there, my parents clearly had better taste than yours :tongue:) - I guess the experience is good for some and not for others. I can spend hours on end in military museums, whereas as others are bored to tears in minutes. Takes all sorts.

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I went to the one in Canada
on my honeymoon with my new husband we had a holy union in 1997 I took my best friend with us. had never been to a real wax works place.
it was awesome
they can be so lifelike
there was this woman with a camera or so we thought taking a pic of the wax works my friend and i were raised so that it was rude to walk in front of someone who was trying to take a picture
it was taking forever then we realized she was wax too

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Madame Tussaud's museums are cultural, so they don't all have the same people in them...so I don't know who Brian Lara is, I'm sorry.

I went to the one in Vegas and it was borderline creepsville for me. I like the fact that they're so realistic looking, but the fact that they are so close to you is like "House of Wax" status for me...needless to say I didn't spend that long standing next to Brad Pitt.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... my parents clearly had better taste than yours :tongue:)

It's entirely possible, but hard to conclude from my visit to MT's because I didn't actually go with my parents.

I guess the experience is good for some and not for others. I can spend hours on end in military museums, whereas as others are bored to tears in minutes. Takes all sorts.

One of the best military museums I've even been to was the one one outside Saigon (sorry Ho Chi Min City). Not so much for it's quality but for it's ambience - if using that word's not a contradiction in terms.

The British Museum (and the Science Museum) in London are great places - I can imagine wandering round for days and never seeing something twice. I'd always wanted to get locked in a night, never managed it ... so far.:biggrin1:

Anthony008

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have been to the one in London a few years ago. I really enjoyed it, was amazed at how good they all were!

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hey...never been to the one in london, but went to the one in amsterdam. that place blew my mind! would love to go back to see it again.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I should visit a Madame Tussaud's again.
Last time I was in one was two decades ago ... and it was remarkable, but only for the first ten minutes or so.
And some of the likenesses weren't that good.
(A distant relative once owned the North American franchise, or so family lore had it. I know the guy in question ... he existed and was wealthy ... but I don't know if the family had the extent of his ownership exactly right.)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It's entirely possible, but hard to conclude from my visit to MT's because I didn't actually go with my parents.

Assumption triumphs again! (Not. Obviously)

One of the best military museums I've even been to was the one one outside Saigon (sorry Ho Chi Min City). Not so much for it's quality but for it's ambience - if using that word's not a contradiction in terms.

The British Museum (and the Science Museum) in London are great places - I can imagine wandering round for days and never seeing something twice. I'd always wanted to get locked in a night, never managed it ... so far.:biggrin1:

I'll distract the guards, you bring the picnic.

The Bristish Museum (other than one or two old pals) is about the only reason I'd ever really bother returning to London. Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but only a slight one.

I've never been as far east as Ho Chi Min City (by a long shot) - the museum is now on my list if I ever do get there.

eric_bauer89

Just Browsing
Media
I went to the one in NYC last May and I actually got to joke around with the one of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie together...I put my hand like i was cupping Angelina's boob it was quite funny!

somethingradical

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been to the one in London and New York...I love it and occasionally they even put penis' on the guys....I felt up a few as a joke but ended feeling more than I thought would be down there