Made to feel worthless!

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ShyGirly I think you realise there is a problem or you wouldn't have posted this thread.. have courage leave him, relationships without respect are detrimental.
If this guy actually loved you he couldn't treat you in a way which you don't approve of. There are other people out there and you will never find them unless you are willing to take a chance on something proper rather than stay in a relationship, because you tell yourself something is better than nothing. Remember you had a life before you met him. You cannot know a person till you have been with them for a while, then their true colors come out...unfortunately this is the way we learn.. by experience! So time to move on and take the plunge. Exciting times of discovery lay ahead, but only if you follow your heart and live life rather than cope with a person who cannot.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to reinforce what everyone else has said.

Get away from him as soon as you can.
Takes planning....I know.

Yes, mental abuse is much more damaging than physical.

And remember:
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
Eleanor Roosevelt

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to reinforce what everyone else has said.

Get away from him as soon as you can.
Takes planning....I know.

Yes, mental abuse is much more damaging than physical.

And remember:
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
Eleanor Roosevelt

Well said. And watch out for her sniper kitty. :biggrin1: (love the avatar)

M

Mr Ed in Mass

love is not enough.

ever seen those women with broken noses, black eyes, cracked ribs, still saying that they must stay because they love him and he can be really sweet!!?

same deal but further up the scale.

I have to agree with Dolfette on this one.Find someone who loves you and treats you with respect.

waltz#2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The longer you spend doing these things, the more dependent you become. GTFO (get the fuck out).

You'll be a lot better off.

darkone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being controlling and belittling your mate is not a relationship you should be in. I'm sure you could fine a guy that is willing to treat you like a queen. There out there just have to look closer.

SweetWilliam

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Leave this guy and get counseling.

Doesn't matter which you do first; a good therapist can help you plan your escape if you're not able to see it through by yourself. A good therapist can also help you understand your feelings, and help you recognize that his behavior is not your fault, that you don't have to put up with it, and that it's just wrong.

There is lots of support available for abused women and women who seek abusive relationships. You are not alone (just read the thread!).

No matter what happens the first thing you have to do is understand that you shouldn't be involved with this guy. Once you feel OK with that, the rest will follow if you try for it.

Cardinal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yup, leave him! It may seem hard and painful, but it seems doubtful he's going to change his behavior and it will probably just get worse. Your partner/date/sig other should NEVER make you feel worthless - they should make you feel like the most special and amazing person ever!