Madonna is so irrelevant!!

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Madonna's half-time show reeked of the 1980s -- she seemed so OLD SCHOOL, but not in a good way. She tried to be current with Nicky Minaj and others help, but it just made her style seem so quaint and out of touch.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I enjoyed it... the homage to Hollywood Cleopatra on the grand entrance......maybe I'm just old in my perspectives since I hit 40... lol Anyway, she was entertaining and most half times are boring for sure....:)

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Glad you enjoyed it. I feel like a grew up with her, and now she's not bringing anything new. Once, she could be counted on to surprise..... Nothing spontaneous here, but I guess the Superbowl HAS to be a bit safe....

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Considering how bad previous shows have been, and how safe they 'have' to be now, this was not bad. Nothing earth-shaking, but not bad for a for-the-masses type show, and at 50+, not bad (her age).

Tank30

Expert Member
Media
I enjoyed it. I just don't care for her new song. She should of just sang the older ones. If all the songs on her new album sound like Give Me Your Luvin. I don't think I'll buy it. I'm also tired of hearing Nicki on every new song out there.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The stage was awesome and the Like a Prayer segment was cool, the rest was OK, I wish she had just sang the songs though

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Though Madonna was the headliner, I think it was smart bringing in Nicky and LMFAO (newer blood) ...

Of course I grew up with Madonna, too, and do feel like she's a bit "dated" was the word I used at the party...

It just keeps getting harder and harder to do a "great show" at halftime, huh? I mean, once somone exposes a boob... where do you go from there?? :tongue::biggrin1::tongue:

dcsurvivor92

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree with guy-jin. Most half time shows are boring. I thought Madonna was excellent, and the show was more visually appealing than others in the past.

B_Over_Endowed_EMT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At a certain point every celebrity goes through this phase (with a few notable exceptions), especially musicians/singers. She hasnt really done much that I cant think of since her song for Die Another Day. People like Madonna. All her stuff. This could have been a way to give that and also put her face out there again. Also she could have a new album or something coming and is starting a PR campaign.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never liked Madonna or her work and I was really hoping to pan her performance, but it was the best halftime show I have ever seen at the Super Bowl.

Seemed ok - the new song arguably worked the best for the situation.

Ray of Light mighta been better than Vogue tho, which seemed a bit flat.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I loved it... she put on a show with more "uumph" than a lot of popular younger girls do. You gotta remember...this woman is in her 50's and she's still got it. MIA getting news for flipping the bird is rediculous. You see worse than that on normal tv all the time. Best show in years.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I loved it... she put on a show with more "uumph" than a lot of popular younger girls do. You gotta remember...this woman is in her 50's and she's still got it. MIA getting news for flipping the bird is rediculous. You see worse than that on normal tv all the time. Best show in years.

I agree. Eat your hearts out, starlets--Madonna's still got it.

NCbear (who thinks she's as retro as the new 200+ mph Ford Mustang, the newish Cadillac CTS-V, and the Fisker Karma, which looks like the result of an affair between a 1970s Bricklin and a 1980s Maserati :tongue:)

Last edited:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't care for Madonna's music, but she's got the gift of showmanship and promotes herself brilliantly. I watched about three minutes of the halftime show, and while I doff my hat to her sublime physical conditioning and excellent production values, it just...wasn't...that...interesting. I went back to watching DVRed Batman Begins and reading a Bernard Cornwell book.

Never found her worth the time. She's the kind of person I'd probably enjoy breaking bread with until she started talking about her work.