Magnetic resonance imaging of male and female genitals during coitus and female sexua

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ah crap... I thought this woudl be interesting, but i am a chemist not a biologist. Nothing funky about these MRI images, which are actually spatial NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance). For the edification of the chemiscally inept, the iages are generated by looking at the hydrogen nuclei of water molecules.

For a challenge: We cannost see heavy water (with deutirium) in the same picture. Care to explain why?

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Good find penisaurus, I always wanted to know where my cock went in relation to all the bits inside a woman. You can even see the rough g-spot area.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you read the thing... it says that none of the women had anything that resembled a G-spot and exhibited none of the characteristics of being able to dispense some sort of ejaculatory fluid... all 13 female subjects reported that their orgasms were "superficial"

Hmmm... not very good news... I too, would like to see the same MRI imaging with a man with a large penis. Maybe we need to wait until they develop better equipment, because the researchers were impeded by a lame signal to noise ratio which contained too much noise and grain to produce clear images that allowed them to see all the aspects of coitus that they were looking for.

The female bladder filling during sex was way too wierd though...

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...For a challenge: We cannost see heavy water (with deutirium) in the same picture. Care to explain why?

The added proton of Deuterium changes the magnetic moment of the nucleus, and hence the resonant frequency. Therefore, either a different magnetic field stength or different RF frequency is needed to image Deuterium. The first MRI images made by Paul Lauterbur exploited this fact, imaging the contrast between normal and heavy water.

Now, which elements are impossible to image by MRI?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah crap... I thought this woudl be interesting, but i am a chemist not a biologist. Nothing funky about these MRI images, which are actually spatial NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance). For the edification of the chemiscally inept, the iages are generated by looking at the hydrogen nuclei of water molecules.

For a challenge: We cannost see heavy water (with deutirium) in the same picture. Care to explain why?
Because the Larmor frequency is different for deutirium than it is with water. It has two protons, which changes the ratio of the magnetic dipole strenght vs the spin angular momentum of the nucleus. What do I win?

Oh never mind. I see ericbear beat me to it. I lose.

cute5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Just a guess, the hydrogen in heavy water has one neutron (which regular hydrogen does not) and neutrons are not detectable.