magnum condoms?

hellomoto11

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok so all this hype about magnum condoms i wanted to try them. im only average size so i was unsure about it since they were supposed to be for big guys. im 6inches long and 2 wide. not sure around. i tried a magnum on and it felt like a normal condom? didnt seem bigger at all. i thought they were black too but it wasnt haha. any one care to elaboratE?

americanbuffalo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I feel like they are more of a confident booster. i work at a drug store and you should see the air of god some men have on their shoulders when they are buying them.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The thread has been moved...

But anywho. I dated a guy for about 3 years named Mark. We started out with normal condoms (he was a virgin, btw) and it was fine, I thought. Then he started complaining about how tight the condoms were, and that it was a big pain in the ass to get them on and off. He also mentioned that he sometimes had issues staying rock hard when he had a condom on. I asked him if he'd ever thought that maybe he should be wearing bigger ones. He said it had never dawned on him. So we went and got Magnums, and they made all the difference in the world. Much easier on and off, but they stayed on when we had sex. Never slipped off or anything. And he never lost his erection again, always stayed rock hard. :wink: So there must be a size difference somewhere.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
They are wider than standard condoms, and usually slightly longer. Remember that you're talking about a stretchy material, so a small increase in non-stretched size equals a lot of extra stretching ability. I can't use standard condoms comfortably, but Trojan Magnum XLs are far easier to put on and much more comfortable in use for me. A friend of mine who is average-sized cannot use them without them slipping off, so there definitely is a significant difference.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
... He also mentioned that he sometimes had issues staying rock hard when he had a condom on. I asked him if he'd ever thought that maybe he should be wearing bigger ones. He said it had never dawned on him. So we went and got Magnums, and they made all the difference in the world. Much easier on and off, but they stayed on when we had sex. Never slipped off or anything. And he never lost his erection again, always stayed rock hard. :wink: So there must be a size difference somewhere.

Yep, same basic reason I originally switched from normal condoms, to magnums, and then ultimately to Magnum XLs which I have used exclusively for years now. The Magnum XL length is really good for me, however even the XLs will leave a red ring on me at the base, but at least it's bearable unlike anything smaller. :tongue:

They are wider than standard condoms, and usually slightly longer. Remember that you're talking about a stretchy material, so a small increase in non-stretched size equals a lot of extra stretching ability. I can't use standard condoms comfortably, but Trojan Magnum XLs are far easier to put on and much more comfortable in use for me. A friend of mine who is average-sized cannot use them without them slipping off, so there definitely is a significant difference.

Yep, exactly Magnum XLs are the only way to go for me also! :smile: Regular condoms are usually only about 7 inches long, XLs are 8. Also normal condoms are only about 1-1.25" wide, whereas XLs are definitely girthy at about 1.75" wide.

Last edited:

D_9998

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I noticed a difference, used to lose a hard on from normal condoms because they were too tight, and had trouble getting them on but the trojans work better. Durex xxl were also too tight and caused me too lose a hard on so there must be a difference

xrj789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 7 by 5.5, getting close to 6 around the head, and yes, regular condoms are uncomfortable. I don't mean miserable or awful, but definitely uncomfortable. I think most guys my size would agree. I switched to magnums a few months ago, and they definitely give you more room.

One thing I like about them is that they rub on you more than regulars. Normal condoms are usually skin-tight to me, so that there's zero give. Magnums allows your cock to move slightly inside of them, which rubs your cock in a VERY pleasurable way, haha.

Point being, yes, I can fit into a regular and still cum with one on, but they are not comfortable. Magnums are. Anyone my size and up should at least try them out.

D_Forrest Phallately

Just Browsing
Media
When my wife went off BC a few years ago we switched to condoms for a while, something I had not done in years. They were painfully tight until I tried out Magnums. Those are the only ones I use now. They are snug but not painfully so. My length is average but it is my 6 inch girth that requires the wider fit. There really is a difference.

bako_bi_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'll go along with what everyone else is saying - Magnum XLs are a world of difference over standard condoms. I have a FAT mushroom head and I would always struggle getting a regular condom on over it, but with the XLs it's not a struggle at all. They may not seem that much bigger than the standard, but a small change in the diameter (width) of a circle makes a BIG change in the circumference (girth) -- remember geometry -- circumference = 2*Pi*r.

Kayden96

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huh... I always thought magnum was for 10"+ leviathans. I thought they were supposed to be that tight so they didn't come off. It's been years since I've had to use one, but I guess I should keep that in mind.

spippyspy

Just Browsing
Media
I'm 7.5-8" by 6", and Magnums work great for me. The only difference between Magnums and Magnum XLs is that XLs are a bit bigger at the top, though just as tight at the base - basically, good if you have a bigger head.

B_queen_crystal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
there definitely is a difference. when i was in high school i hooked up with this guy and all i had for condoms were some magnum xxl from my last boyfriend. i didnt even think about the size of them when i handed him one, it was like putting a sock over a pencil. he lost his erection and left, and i felt really bad about it, although his penis was a little on the small side