magnum XL

whato1986: Hi there, just wondering who out there has tried Magnum XL condoms, and what would you say was the ideal cock girth to be using with these condoms?

Cheers

Mr. Big Stuff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ummm I dunno. my measurements are 8.5 by 6.25 and XLs fit me like a glove. I find they are accomodating to my large head as well. (I believe they are slightly bigger in the head area). I would say anything about 6 and over should look at XLs, and If you have a significantly larger head then you definitely need to look into em. (I think my circum around head is about 6.75 or more)

just my .02

Ken

tsctsc: I think they are really comfortable too.
I was happy to finally find condoms that weren't too tight for me.

rederic55: I'm 5.75 x 8 to 8.25 depending, and have used the magnums. I prefer Beyond 7 and Kimono Maxx as they are not as thick, or at least seem to dull the sensations less.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by rederic55@Jun 25 2004, 08:38 PM
I prefer Beyond 7 and Kimono Maxx as they are not as thick, or at least seem to dull the sensations less.
Who makes those? I haven't seen them in the stores, are they widely available?

I loathe condoms, but find Magnum XLs to be acceptable. Before the early 1980s, when AIDS was reported to be spreading to the straight population, unprotected sex was the norm, even for casual encounters. Women were simply expected to either be on the pill or have an IUD.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm 7.5" X 7" around....I know, square.....so girth has always presented it's problems, but the XL's work well. I do feel somewhat restricted in the head, but with a big knob and a PA that is always the case. :rolleyes:

maverackstud8: NO COMMENT.BIG STUFF MIGHT GET COMFUSED.

Mr. Big Stuff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by maverackstud8@Jun 26 2004, 07:02 PM
NO COMMENT.BIG STUFF MIGHT GET COMFUSED.
Thanks, because it is irritating to attempt to decipher your heiroglyphics.

But....

I do find it odd that your post in the PERSONALS section was free of all the junk.
Just a thought.

Ken

lickitysplit: So Magnums are more for the thicker guys versus the longer?

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by lickitysplit@Jun 27 2004, 03:18 PM
So Magnums are more for the thicker guys versus the longer?
I think the XL is "only" about 8.5" long, including the reservoir end which adds half an inch, 'cause I still have around three inches of exposed skin when I roll one all the way on.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by lickitysplit@Jun 27 2004, 07:18 AM
Well, Magnum XLs are a couple millimeters wider than Magnums, but no longer. Magnums can take about 8 1/4". Unfortunately, if any uncovered part of your penis is in the vagina, sperm can leak out. I tend to use They-Fit condoms because while I have an additional half-inch, they're the longest, thickest condoms I've seen.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 27 2004, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately, if any uncovered part of your penis is in the vagina, sperm can leak out.
If the condom were to leak at the base, it would not seem to matter much if that part of the penile shaft were in the vaginal canal or outside of it. In many sex positions, it would seem that any leakage could simply run or drip down the penis into the vagina. Therefore, it would appear most important to avoid leakage regardless of the length of the condom and degree of coverage.

In the past, many posts here have described semen leaking out of the base of a condom. I have a great deal of difficulty understanding this, particularly from men that claim condom-stretching endowment. In the past (before the "They Fit" condoms), I was rare able to cum while wearing one. However, I did experiments in which I put a condom on my morning wood, and urinated into it to see just how much fluid it could hold before leaking. In my experience, the end of the thing inflated like a balloon before anything leaked out arond the base. Granted, this was done with the Magnum XL, with is a bit snug for me (contributing to the former inability to cum), but the volume of fluid involved was vastly larger than any credible ejaculation. Therefore, my conclusion is that if you have experienced leakage at the condom base, it is likely that your condoms are too large in girth for you penis, and fit too loose, or you waited until you become too flacid before pulling out. However, I guess there could be exceptions to this if the penis is shaped differently than mine, which is quite thick down to the base. For example, if you use wide condoms because of a large head, but have a slender shaft, leakage might be more possible. However, since semen can drip, what you really need is a different shaped condom, not a longer one.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb+Jun 27 2004, 10:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jonb @ Jun 27 2004, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lickitysplit@Jun 27 2004, 07:18 AM
Well, Magnum XLs are a couple millimeters wider than Magnums, but no longer. Magnums can take about 8 1/4". Unfortunately, if any uncovered part of your penis is in the vagina, sperm can leak out. I tend to use They-Fit condoms because while I have an additional half-inch, they&#39;re the longest, thickest condoms I&#39;ve seen. [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve never encountered a vagina deep enough to need anything longer than a Mag XL, if that much. I figger my last four inches are "virgin" anyway. :)

Guess I don&#39;t shoot enough volume to worry about leakage. I tend to want to change condoms after I bust my nut anyway.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Mr._dB@Jun 27 2004, 11:51 PM
I tend to want to change condoms after I bust my nut anyway.
Actually, the instructions provided with the condoms state that they should be used for a single ejacualtion only, and removed immediately after cumming.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ericbear+Jun 28 2004, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ericbear @ Jun 28 2004, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr._dB@Jun 27 2004, 11:51 PM
I tend to want to change condoms after I bust my nut anyway.
Actually, the instructions provided with the condoms state that they should be used for a single ejacualtion only, and removed immediately after cumming. [/b][/quote]
I just think it&#39;s kind of gross for my guy to be wallowing in my own cum after I&#39;ve blown my load. I find it distracting. So I really have a strong urge to change condoms as soon as the opportunity arises, as long as it doesn&#39;t kill the momentum.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb+Jun 27 2004, 10:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jonb @ Jun 27 2004, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lickitysplit@Jun 27 2004, 07:18 AM
Well, Magnum XLs are a couple millimeters wider than Magnums, but no longer. Magnums can take about 8 1/4". Unfortunately, if any uncovered part of your penis is in the vagina, sperm can leak out. I tend to use They-Fit condoms because while I have an additional half-inch, they&#39;re the longest, thickest condoms I&#39;ve seen. [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve never run out of condom before running out of vagina, even though I&#39;ve got several inches that are left exposed with a Magnum XL.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, here&#39;s a surprise.

I&#39;ll preface this by saying that a few months ago, at the bar where I work, at a show for a predominantly black audience, the female MC was passing out free condoms as part of "Condom Awareness Week." Her big bag of condoms consisted of LifeStyles "Ultra Sensitive Thin Lubricated" and LifeStyles "Ultra Sensitive Ribbed". LifeStyles are generally considered to be a good fit for the little guys.

Well, at the end of the night, there were condoms all over the floor, so I picked up and pocketed all the ones I came across. It wasn&#39;t until I got home that I discovered they were LifeStyles. I was thinking that, being a black crowd, she&#39;d be passing out large or XL rubbers. :) No wonder they were all over the floor, none of the bros would admit to using them. :):)

Fast forward to July 4: one of the LifeStyles Ultra Sensitive packs fell out of my medicine cabinet, so I decided to try a little science experiment. I produced an erection, and rolled on one of the little condoms. First surprise -- it&#39;s 7.5" long, not counting the reservoir end; that&#39;s only half an inch shy of a Magnum XL. I only had 3.5" of exposed skin. Second surprise -- the fit was snug, but not uncomfortable. The thin latex is quite resilient. I jerked off without any particular discomfort. I pronounce this condom "useable in a pinch" for big guys (I&#39;m 11x7) although I suspect that the length might be an issue for vaginal intercourse if the lady is relaxed and all loosened up inside.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Mr._dB+Jun 30 2004, 02:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr._dB @ Jun 30 2004, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 27 2004, 10:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-lickitysplit
@Jun 27 2004, 07:18 AM

Well, Magnum XLs are a couple millimeters wider than Magnums, but no longer. Magnums can take about 8 1/4". Unfortunately, if any uncovered part of your penis is in the vagina, sperm can leak out. I tend to use They-Fit condoms because while I have an additional half-inch, they&#39;re the longest, thickest condoms I&#39;ve seen.
I&#39;ve never run out of condom before running out of vagina, even though I&#39;ve got several inches that are left exposed with a Magnum XL. [/b][/quote]
Well, the largest They-Fit is ten inches.