Magnum XLs v. Magnum See PIC

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by PacknThick, Dec 4, 2006.

1. PacknThick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So what you think. Magnum XL (gold wrapper or spermicidal one black wrraper) for this bad boy OR regular MAGNUMS. Trojan Large are just too damn tight. XL can sometimes be a lil loose but Id rather have space then POP. LOL

Attached Files:

• mag.JPG
      mag.JPG
      File size:
      121.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I dident realize the color of the wraper meant spermicidal or non spermicidal. Ive never noticed it on the box but have had them with black and gold.

3. PowayWolfman

PowayWolfman Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Dude, i havent seen Trojan large (green pack) in years, those fit nice and snug and PERFECT for me.. i use Regular Magnums and im 7.5 x 5.5 or x around.. Latly ive been using the Trogen Twisters becuase it gives a bit more head room for my piercing.. I say go with a secure fit.. then again, i like things tight around my shaft

4. PacknThick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I thought that too initialy. I thought they just felt like getting goldish whenever. But I know for the black wrapper ones it has Sperm sensations lubricant, sorry I put spermicadal earlier.

5. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My one piece of advise is AVOID condoms with spermicide. The active ingredients have detergent properties, and cause irritation. It's proposed that while helpful against pregnancy, those with spermicide almost "promote" the transmission of STDs, in that the irritated mucous tissues actually have "micro-tearing", and are much more vulnerable to viral transmissions, if exposed.

Unfortunately, I don't have sources right now, and I'm late, but I'd do some searches, and you should find it pretty readily.

6. joe_smith

joe_smith New Member

Oh wow so they still make the black and white XL package. They are the ones with spermicide, eh? I just like the Black and White packae better.

7. PacknThick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    are the XLs a lil roomy for some of u? you prefer that over damn tight?

8. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    A stupid question from a virgin *waves hand*.

Condom sizes, does one fit all? I'm assuming not. What are the "typical" size restrictions? I'm 7.5x5.5 so does that mean I require something bigger than the typical size?

I've only really tried a particular brand I can get easily. It's a grand form, so I'm not sure how the other condoms might fit exactly.

9. joe_smith

joe_smith New Member

At 5.5 girth you will need a magnum. If you are a person that is 6+ you will need a magnum XL.

10. Darioemeka

Darioemeka New Member

Magnum Large.

11. Biggie77

Biggie77 New Member

I used to wear Magnums, but they are too tight. The ring actually hurts, so I switched to XL's when they came out. They are still snug, but no pain associated with them. I use the gold wrappered ones.

12. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    I found a rather useful chart:

S3 - Safe Sex Store - Safer Sex Talk - *Condom Size Guide

An XL will fit me but I guess it would be a bit big? I'm assuming this is all about preference. Right now I have a few LifeStyles Grand Forms. I think I'll pick up a pair of Magnums on Friday to give it a run. I've got to learn my preferences and such.

Man going into a place and asking for Magnum size or even paying for it, I wonder how I'm going to pull that off. I'll make sure there's a guy cashier :p or else I'll turn all red.

Shit.

13. incher2

incher2 New Member

Magnum Twisters are kinda in between the Magnums and the Magnum XL as far as the shaft size. They are roomier in the head however, than either one. They are also tapered being a bit smaller in diameter at the base of the shaft getting slightly wider as they get to the head. This taper starts about a third of the way from the base of shaft it seems.

Seems like a good match to the picture.

14. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    No, no, no!!! Dude! You're going about this ALL wrong. It's the biggest mistake that some guys make. When you're buying condoms, you're announcing to the world, "Look at me, you sorry bastards, *I* am getting some." And not only that, by buying condoms, you're showing that you're being responsible about it.

Think about it. Guys brag all the time that they're gettin' some, but that's talk. When you're buying rubbers, you showing that you're getting some. Same goes for Mag's. Guys SAY they're big, but if you're buying them, you're doing it because you actually ARE big. Neither of these things should cause embarassment.

That said, I had a friend, big guy, about 6'3", but a big baby about buying condoms. Knowing that I don't mind, he'd have me buy his. I'd walk right in and slap the Mag's right up on the counter. You should've seen the looks that all 5'6" little me got. I was very matter-of-fact about it, but inside, I was howling with laughter, while everyone tried not be be obvious about checking me out.

15. Asdeon

Asdeon New Member

I'm about 8x6 and the Magnum Twisters work fine, the head room helps it feel alot better than the regular Magnums. Haven't tried XLs yet. I probably could pull it off, but don't want to waste 12 bucks or so on a package of too-big condoms.

The Twisters' extra head latex is nice, it isn't too tight, and there's actually definition when you look at it from the shaft to the head, it's not just flat and pulled too tight.

I'd say, buy in order of size. Mag, Mag Twists, then XL if neither are comfortable.

If it's not comfortable, it doesn't fit. :)

16. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As far as Magnums go...

Regular Magnums can be lubricated, warming sensations (newer), or twister and all have gold wrappers.

Magnum XL are all lubricated and the 'newer' ones have a gold wrapper, the 'older' ones have a black and white wrapper.

==

For the longest time I only had seen the black/white wrapper, until one day I got a box of XL that was all gold wrappers. It confused the hell out of me - I thought they packaged them wrong. :smile:

17. D_Peacocke Rimplougher

lol you guys should try out Japanese condoms!

I bought a pack when I first got here and seriously could not put them on.:mad:

Now I buy Durex Comfort XL, bit too long for me but snug and really tight on the base, tight enough to leave a mark. They are 215mm by 57mm. I'm not sure why they measure by diameter, who the fuck knows the diameter of their cock off hand? Anyway, 57mm dir is just over 17cm cir, which is the same as my cock :)

durex.com

They don't have trojan in Japan, but it's interesting to know what size they are. always sound HUGE, but fall shy some 15mm of Durex Comfort XL

18. OKFarmer

OKFarmer Member

As you can see, condoms are not One Size Fits All. My mother works as a public health nurse and swears in a meeting, the speaker put a regular condom on her big toe, and stretched it over her leg, up to her knee. Thus she thinks one-size for all. I told her next time to ask the woman to let go of the condom around her knee and walk around for 45 minutes.

For myself, I have a lot of large veins on my penis, so correct condom size is very important. From what I've seen of pics on the site, many big penises have large veins. The first time I had sex, I couldn't keep an erection while trying to stuff myself into a regular condom. I thought maybe it was nerves and that the pain was normal. Luckily, I met a size-queen who kept a supply of magnums (before they made xl). I learned that condoms DO need to fit.

As far as condoms I use. If I'm with someone who needs a smaller girth for entry, I'll use a Magnum any condom smaller is a no-go. For comfort, I prefer a Magnum XL, but still find it a bit restrictive. As far as non-latex condoms go, I found that if you break the band at the base of a NaturaLamb, they are tight enough to cling on. Supras just plain don't fit. I really wish someone would make an extra-large polyurethane condom since NaturaLambs are only intended to prevent pregnancy. Thus for me, sex with a woman who is latex sensitive/allergic is not a possibility if I am worried about anything other than pregnancy.

Hope this helped. And thanks to the gent who posted the sizing chart.

19. Reticent horse

Reticent horse New Member

I am plenty big and find regular Magnums fine. XL's seem like a vanity condom and if it is loose you'll eventually lose it.

I once burst a regular condom when I got to fully hard, but even then Magnums are fine.

20. SoFla8

SoFla8 New Member

Albums:
    Believe it or not, I didn't REALLY realize until after I divorced ( 30ish ) that I was breaking condoms because they were too small. I assumed I was wearing them out! :wink:
    When I need some, I buy Magnums. I'm not sure if the XL would be to big or not. I dont get laid nearly enough to try all the condoms on the market.

Draft saved Draft deleted