lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tony,

We're close enough in size that my experiences may be relevant to you.

I've tried many of the generally available brands over the years and find that the regular Magnums fit nice on me (7"+ by 6"). I've never had a condom slip off me, normally since I put them on after I have gotten hard, and as long as I stay hard, the condom stays on.

I tried the Magnum XLs and found that they slid on my cock nice and easy, and did stay on, but had the potential for slippage if I didn't stay 100% hard.

If your girth is up to 6 inches, even regular condoms will probably fit well. I use Lifestyles Extra Sensitive, and even the inexpensive Class Act brands and they are
not tight enough on me to cause me discomfort.

Avoid brands that say 'contoured fit' or snugger or anything that may indicate they are narrower than regular condoms.

Condomania.com even has a wizard to help you pick the type that's best for you.
Good luck.

LapDog :p

london_dude

Cherished Member
Media
Originally posted by lapdog2001@Dec 8 2004, 02:38 PM
Tony,

We're close enough in size that my experiences may be relevant to you.

I've tried many of the generally available brands over the years and find that the regular Magnums fit nice on me (7"+ by 6"). I've never had a condom slip off me, normally since I put them on after I have gotten hard, and as long as I stay hard, the condom stays on.

I tried the Magnum XLs and found that they slid on my cock nice and easy, and did stay on, but had the potential for slippage if I didn't stay 100% hard.

If your girth is up to 6 inches, even regular condoms will probably fit well. I use Lifestyles Extra Sensitive, and even the inexpensive Class Act brands and they are
not tight enough on me to cause me discomfort.

Avoid brands that say 'contoured fit' or snugger or anything that may indicate they are narrower than regular condoms.

Condomania.com even has a wizard to help you pick the type that's best for you.
Good luck.

LapDog :p
[post=266589]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for that - that was real helpful, since i have the same girth of 6" (the whole shaft is 6"). However... im only 6 -6.25" long - and i read that these condoms are pretty long. Would this be such a great problem? im worried with slippage. I wouldnt want to look silly, with 2" of condoms hanging of the end at the end of sex - she might think i was tiny or something! So would a magnum still be advisable? i find condoms pretty tight and uncomfortable. Also like most people, im not always super hard (hence the 6-6.25 measurement above) so would the magnum be able to handle a decrease in hardness from a 6" thick (it might be 5.75" thick when not super hard)? What are your experiences?

Thanks guys, really. This issue has bothered me for a while. Also, the condomania site looks good but i cant really afford to go on spending extra cash on these things, i only just finished university!

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
London dude,

I wouldn't go with the Magnum XL's in your case, just the Magnums. Yes, all the larger condoms are longer than regular condoms. Since you should be unrolling it onto your penis, the extra is at your base, not the tip. Do remember to pinch off the tip before rollling it on, to allow room for your ejaculate.

As for condoms feeling too tight, definitely avoid the snugger fit versions. The best thing to do is to grab any free samples that are available out there, or sign up for them at the manufacturer's web sites, and buy singles or 3 packs to try to find the brand and style that fits you the best. The reason some of the regular sized ones feel just fine on me is because their latex seems stretchier and/or thinner to me.

Since the vast majority of my sexual experiences have been with condoms, I found that I got used to them very fast! It was that or no nookie for me!

Good luck.

wideload: I always thought that the XL was the same girth, but just longer than the normal magnum?

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by wideload@Dec 9 2004, 01:57 AM
I always thought that the XL was the same girth, but just longer than the normal magnum?
[post=266693]Quoted post[/post]​

No. You are probably thinking of the Durex XXL.

The major feature of the Magnum XL is the larger girth. A "standard" condom is about 190 mm long by 52 mm wide when flattened. The Magnum XL is 205 mm long by 65 mm wide at the head, tapering down to 54 mm wide at the base. That makes it just 8% longer, but 25% wider at the head.

The Durex XXL is about standard width, but has length for a 9-incher.

There has been a longstanding problem in the USA that the FDA, which regulates condom sales, would not easily allow the sale of very wide condoms. This is why the Magnum XL had to taper down to 54 mm wide at the base, because under the standard FDA rules for latex condoms, the narrowest point of the condom has to be no wider than 54 mm. (I presume they were worried about the things slipping off smaller cocks.) The They Fit condoms were the first brand to clear FDA with condoms that were very wide all the way to the base. They were able to get around the 54 mm rule by having customers measure their cocks with the Fit Kit, ensuring that the condom would not be too wide. This was a relief for me, because the base of the Magnum XL (the best option formerly available) used to be uncomfortably tight on the base of my shaft. The They Fit size U22 is wide all the way down, and solves this problem.

By the way, people often think I'm bullshitting when I talk about the FDA requirements for condoms (after all, what should I know, I'm only a medical engineer). You can read the actual requirements for condom approval posted on the FDA website here:

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/ltxcondm.pdf

Getting approval for a condom that doesn't meet these specifications is still possible, but takes a lot more work. I'm thankfull (as is everyone with serious girth) that the makers of They Fit went through all the trouble.

mimosurfDutch

Expert Member
Media
Eric, that is interesting reading! Its amazing that we have laws in the country to protect people, yet they seem to put (in this case) the hung ones at a disadvantage when it comes to condoms... but I am glad that this has changed.

Originally posted by ericbear+Dec 9 2004, 10:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbear &#064; Dec 9 2004, 10:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wideload@Dec 9 2004, 01:57 AM
I always thought that the XL was the same girth, but just longer than the normal magnum?
[post=266693]Quoted post[/post]​

No. You are probably thinking of the Durex XXL.

The major feature of the Magnum XL is the larger girth. A "standard" condom is about 190 mm long by 52 mm wide when flattened. The Magnum XL is 205 mm long by 65 mm wide at the head, tapering down to 54 mm wide at the base. That makes it just 8% longer, but 25% wider at the head.

The Durex XXL is about standard width, but has length for a 9-incher.

There has been a longstanding problem in the USA that the FDA, which regulates condom sales, would not easily allow the sale of very wide condoms. This is why the Magnum XL had to taper down to 54 mm wide at the base, because under the standard FDA rules for latex condoms, the narrowest point of the condom has to be no wider than 54 mm. (I presume they were worried about the things slipping off smaller cocks.) The They Fit condoms were the first brand to clear FDA with condoms that were very wide all the way to the base. They were able to get around the 54 mm rule by having customers measure their cocks with the Fit Kit, ensuring that the condom would not be too wide. This was a relief for me, because the base of the Magnum XL (the best option formerly available) used to be uncomfortably tight on the base of my shaft. The They Fit size U22 is wide all the way down, and solves this problem.

By the way, people often think I&#39;m bullshitting when I talk about the FDA requirements for condoms (after all, what should I know, I&#39;m only a medical engineer). You can read the actual requirements for condom approval posted on the FDA website here:

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/ltxcondm.pdf

Getting approval for a condom that doesn&#39;t meet these specifications is still possible, but takes a lot more work. I&#39;m thankfull (as is everyone with serious girth) that the makers of They Fit went through all the trouble.
[post=266714]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

belinoitaliano

Sexy Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, my name&#39;s Tony, this is my first time posting.

I read that most condom breakages occur because men with thick penises are wearing too-small condoms, so I&#39;ve been looking to "upgrade" my condom from the Magnums to the Magnum XLs, which are supposed to be 25% larger than normal condoms. My penis is 8 inches long and 5.75-6" girth, so it&#39;s not gonna slack on length, but I&#39;m afraid it might be a little *too* wide and slip off (what is the average girth anyway?)

They should have a more scientific system... your dick is this big, you should wear this sized condom instead of stuff like "for today&#39;s larger men." :huh:

God bless,
Tony

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by belinoitaliano@Dec 8 2019, 06:12 AM
Hey, my name&#39;s Tony, this is my first time posting.

I read that most condom breakages occur because men with thick penises are wearing too-small condoms, so I&#39;ve been looking to "upgrade" my condom from the Magnums to the Magnum XLs, which are supposed to be 25% larger than normal condoms. My penis is 8 inches long and 5.75-6" girth, so it&#39;s not gonna slack on length, but I&#39;m afraid it might be a little *too* wide and slip off (what is the average girth anyway?)

They should have a more scientific system... your dick is this big, you should wear this sized condom instead of stuff like "for today&#39;s larger men." :huh:

God bless,
Tony
[post=266539]Quoted post[/post]​

It will fit you like a glove I&#39;d think. If you have any doubt buy a small package, like a 3 pack, and test it out. You should be able to get a sample online too from the webpage I think too ... or there was a website i&#39;m thinking it was like freecondoms.net or something. Do a websearch for it.
*nods*

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by belinoitaliano@Dec 8 2019, 04:12 AM
They should have a more scientific system...

They do have a more scientific system. There is a brand of condoms called "They Fit," available from condomania.com, which come in many sizes, from tiny to large, and are fitted by measurement. You can download a measurement kit and print it. However, make sure it prints out to the correct size. If there is any doubt, they will mail a measurement kit to you. I&#39;m very happy with these condoms, except that they cost somewhat more than regular condoms. I have been entirely satisfied with the mail order service, and they are shipped in very plain packages, with no mention of condom or sex, even in the return address.

Now, back to the Magnum XL. I used to use those, because they were the best available option before the They Fit brand was introduced. They were tighter than they should be on me, but are probably about right for your girth. The They Fit size U22 I use now are considerably larger in girth than the Magnum XL. Although the Magnum XL is 65 mm wide at the head, they taper to 54 mm wide at the base, which is not too much bigger than standard-size condoms. Therefore, even if the head is roomy, the base should keep a good grip on you, and I would not be too worried about them slipping off. (For me, getting them off was the problem&#33;)

Some stores have the Magnum XL in 3 packs, so you can try them without spending too much. Condomania also sells a sampler pack of assorted large and extra large condoms (regular brands, not including They Fit), which might be helpful.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the XL is probably going to be a little to wide... depends if you stay rock hard the whole time as well. The XLs must roll out to 2 feet ;-) But they aren&#39;t too much wider than the standard Magnums. personally, tighter is better... like havin&#39; a cock ring I suppose (what are those for, btw? staying power? what?)

drrionelli: For what it&#39;s worth, Tony, I have found that Magnum XLs are generously ample for comfort AND have enough of a taper to hold securely at the base. I can&#39;t say that for Trojan Large, which are comfortably roomy enough, but not as tapered at the base.

vega

1st Like
Media
I don&#39;t think you need any bigger than a magnum. I am 8/6.5 and it fits perfectly well. Xl should still work but be a little roomier