Magnums and checkout clerks

Ever received a comment from a clerk when buying Magnums?

• Yes

Votes: 115 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 110 48.9%

• Total voters

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I actually usually buy mine online as need to order magnum Xl's and tend not to be able to buy them over here except through mail order. So I guess I cant really comment on experinces Ive had buying them in a store. Other than the previous comment I made about I feel its pretty unprofessional for a checkout guy/girl to comment. Although if its a checkout girl I would think for a straight guy it may be a ego boost for them, everyones different.

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok, I'm gonna spoil everyone's fantasies here. I worked as a checkout chick for two years and I never once noticed what kind of condoms people were buying. To me it was just a product like any other, just scanned it and put it in the bag.

So while I have no doubt that some people will notice what size you are buying, plenty probably don't notice at all.

Somemtimes the condoms are behind the counter and you have to specifically ask for the brand and size you want. I have bought some magnum XL's from this young female one time, I'm 5'9" 175 lbs., and she looked at me with that,"Yeah right" smirk and said "are you sure", and giggled a bit. I looked at her and said,"Sweetie, these are going IN me not ON me." Her eyes almost popped out out and she couldn't think of anything to say but, "Uh is uh that all for you?"

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The biggest reaction I ever got came from the ordeal turning into a big scene. The cashier had down syndrome, and when the condoms wouldn't scan, he held the box up over his head and started calling for a manager. The cashier left his arm up until someone showed up to help him out; eventually everyone around had realized he was holding a box of Magnum XL's above his head calling for help. Didn't get any comments from the cashier, but the three girls in line behind me kept giggling and staring and I suddenly felt the need to explain that my friend and I were just grocery shopping together, not involved.

HeBop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to agree with subgirll I don't generally notice what kind of condoms people are buying I only notice the empty boxes when they are stolen. Oh and Irish I have to say "How you doin?" LOL!! Wish I could find a nice hot irish lad like yourself that was gay or willing.

stretchitout

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have always hoped for some raised eyebrows or smiles like the other members have talked about but it seems like it's "business as usual" when I buy some Magnums. I would probably overstock on them if I got some of the responses you guys have been getting.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Magnums, XL or no, don't work for me. Even completely unrolled they pinch and tend to cut off some of the circulation near the middle of my dick. However, the Magnum XL seems to have been made with my husband in mind. They fit The Squeeze perfectly. So, when I'm in the USA I make a point to pick up a package of them each time I go to the pharmacy. The girls at the CVS pharmacy in Elko have teased me, but in a friendly way.

Instead of Magnums, I use Trustex Extra Large. They only unroll to 8 inches, but there is less of a sense of a pinching band near the base of my dick. Durex "Love" Condoms are the same size, but offer a more comfortable fit around the end and head of a large cock. More lube, too. But the best "off the shelf" are German-made by They Fit. XL is 23 centimeters long completely unrolled and you can buy two different circumferences: 5 centimeters and 6.30 centimeters. They're life-like (very thin) and don't come off under the roughest of circumstances. The company advertises that they offer "50" sizes. However, their specialty is creating custom condoms. They send you a kit (or, if your in Europe you can buy the kit at a chemists/farmácia) and they'll manufacture them for you for €1 or $1.5 each. I believe the minimum quantity is 50 per order. But that's a lot less expensive than uncomfortable sex or worse, catching and STD. See: Condomania Online | TheyFit Sized-to-Fit Condoms

Last edited:

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Even though they must be thinking in their heads 'they must be hung'. The professional thing to do is just check it out like it is any other item. Making comments can just make people feel arkward. It would be like if a women went to buy a pack of large sized super absourbant pads and the checkout guy/girl commented 'big pussy, heavy period this month huh?'. I cant imagine a women would be too pleased about that.

I think I'm going to cry. I can't stop laughing. :eek::eek::eek:

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
But, believe it or not, I am super shy about buying condoms. Especially at the local Kroger because they keep them locked up so you have to ask for assistance to get them.

Fortunately, where I work I can get a few boxes of free condoms every now and then (if I told you what type of place I worked, you'd probably find it odd that we even carry condoms..haha).

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
First reaction was asking for a pack of Durex XXLs behind the counter at a gas station. The male cashier pointed to them and asked if I was sure those were the ones I wanted.

Second reaction wasn't much of a reaction really. CF and I were at a sex shop and we were buying a pack of XLs. The cashier was an older woman, and she asked us if we didn't want to try the Lifestyles XLs as they were on sale. We saw one they had unrolled and blown up on display and both knew that it would be too small. I can't remember, but I think CF politely declined the offer and told the woman that I needed the Magnum XLs.

Third reaction was in a sex shop in Long Beach, this time CF was buying some brand of large condoms, and I was looking at something off to the side. The cashier asked her if she was sure those were the ones she wanted. He was an older Asian man, and I guess her being Asian as well, he felt he needed to ask lol!

I feel way awkward buying condoms, especially XLs. Even in sex shops I feel a little shy. CF, on the other hand, views it as a point of pride and will hold them in hand proudly with nothing else. Even though it drives her crazy, I make her get a shopping cart and put other things in it if we are at Walmart.

Last edited:

D_Delbert Dingleberry

Account Disabled
Media
Ever caught a comment, glare or anything else from the checkout person when buying Magnums? It happened to me for the first time (I think). I got a "lucky girl" comment under the checkout girl's breath at Walgreens last week.

Balance. The Golden Rule. Limits. Being a good person.

It's fine to be a horny muthafucker. I love horny people.

Being horny is not inconsistent with being a good person and experiencing the other above-listed ingredients of a life well-lived.

Cashiers make very little money and deal with society face to face and as a rule: People suck. In general. It's a shitty job and a lot of people hurting because of their job situation.

They are not paid to join our sexual experience. Nor should you take winnings in the comments made by any of them. With that big cock of yours, you shouldn't need any pumping up to feel good. If the utterance of a cashier has enough significance that it's worth posting about you:

• Are not USING that big cock enough
  • The comments made by the women who have felt that big cock are not satiating your ego
  • You have not been using your PC to find organizations and people looking for good talented people like you to help with the many problems facing people in this world.

Higher ground, brother, always keep moving that way. I'm no better than you. Help me too.

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd say the most interesting time was when i went to a local CVS and bought my magnums and the self checkout wasn't working.. so i went to the counter and the guy ringing me up ended up being some football jerk from HS.. when i put the condoms down he said "damn Tim are those for you?" I said " Fuck yeah they are". It was a good moment because he used to torment me in HS and his GF would always tell me about his small dick. xD

BEST way to get REVENGE :biggrin1:

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Unfortunately, I don't need them except I do have them handy for any big cocked dude I happen to meet.

Some of these responses remind me of the Golden Girls episode where they buy condoms and the guy behind the counter asks for a price check over the PA system.

I'm surprised Saturday Night Live hasn't done something like this. Or have they? :smile:

littlepenis

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I don't have any Magnum stories (for obvious reasons), but I used to get reactions occasionally when I bought my brand, Contempo Exotica. (For those who don't know, they're condoms for small guys like me, and are 15% shorter and 6% narrower than average prophylactics, according to the manufacturer).

90% of the time, the clerks were totally professional and never seemed to even notice. If I got a reaction at all, it was usually that the clerk would avoid eye contact with me and not chat as much as usual. A few times, I got stifled giggle. When they moved them behind the counter at the pharmacy where I got them, a pharmacist once asked if I was sure, because "these aren't the normal sized condoms, sir".

And one late night purchase, when the place was really empty got: "Really? Wow." from the girl behind the counter.

These days, I avoid potentially awkward situations and just order them online.