Magnums breaking during intercourse?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer, Dec 2, 2011.

1. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer Account Disabled

Hey guys, a bit of a problem here..

Magnum condoms seem to break when I use them during sex and I'm not really sure why. There's nothing really specific that causes it to happen. This is the second person its happened with. She is pretty tight, but not ridiculously tight or anything so I don't think that's the problem. They've broken when I'm on top and when the female is. There's plenty of lubrication and I always engage in PLENTY of foreplay before the act (at LEAST 20 minutes, always). I'm not too aggressive and neither is my partner or the partner before her. Also, sometimes during sex I notice the condom starts to squeeze vertically.. not really sure how to describe it. Kind of like a slinky I guess? It gets a little tight. So my question is, why do they keep breaking?! :confused:

I googled some info about condom sizes and it says that you should only be using magnums if your girth is 5.25-5.75 or so.. I'm at 5.5, and my length is about 9. However a diagram of a magnum also says they're about 1.5 inches WIDE.. I'm 2. (I always thought it's weird how I'm 2 inches wide but 5.5 around...). XL's are 1.75 wide but for people with 6 inches of girth, and again I'm 5.5. Should I be using XL's? People my size or even a little bigger here on LPSG seem to be using regular Magnums so I'm not sure.

What's going on? Thanks for any replies!

2. frankyme

Gold Member

Albums:
    Try the mysize site! They have a lot of condoms for every size. I'm 6+ in girth and use the mysize 69. Maybe the 60 or 64 is good for you!!

3. B_M37

B_M37 New Member

Try Durex XXL instead.

They accommodate longer ones than Magnum's do and about the same girth as a Magnum regular

Enjoy x

4. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

Hmm I think my issue might be the girth rather than the length though don't you think?

5. frankyme

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, have you checked the Mysize site??

6. D_Herman_Smellville

D_Herman_Smellville New Member

Do you have trouble getting them on because of your girth?

7. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

I haven't tried mysize but I will right now. And no I don't think it's difficult to get them on. Taking it off is a pain in the ass though, very difficult even when I try to roll it backwards

8. frankyme

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tell me what you think of the site, and to give you a small impression check my profile photo. The one on the left is the one i use; the 69. The right one is a 64 and the middle one is a 49 and is a just below average size condom....

9. jtmony08

jtmony08 Member

Albums:
    I use magnums too and never have this problem. Although you're longer, I'm slightly thicker at 5.75 at my thickest. I really don't believe size (length or width) is your problem. What type of lube are you using? How rough are you stroking? Who's on top when the condom breaks? Does it break only during certain positions? Again, I believe you'll find that your problem is not size. You mentioned that the girl is tight. Does she maintain wetness through out sex?

10. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

It happens no matter which of us is on top, and I'm definitely not stroking too rough. Today it broke just as I was putting it in as we changed positions. I guess I should try using more lube, what brands/types would you guys recommend?

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

most condom failure is a matter of user error.

air bubbles are a common killer of the peen coat.

if ya clip hairs on ya shaft.. yeppers.. gonna cause a failure.

lube.. have ya tried a few drops on the inside of the condom?

last one.. even rolling on.. if some parts are stretched more than others... pop.

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    You should also check the expiration date, even if you just bought them. My one experience of condom failure was because it had expired.

13. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

Expiration date is May 2014 thankfully! It probably is just user error MickeyLee. I'm definitely going to lube up next time. I even noticed it's kind of hard to make it fit with her, there's probably too much friction.

14. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    yah always prelube before putting on the condom...Magnums aren't easy to tear compaired to the other stuff. You've just probably been a lil dry and eager... nothing wrong with that :) we all do it sometimes.

15. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

So I should lube, put on the condom, then lube again with the condom on?

16. lorne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I used to have similar thing happen with trojan as well I think its just poor product. Try something else like lifestyles or durex both seem to not have that kind of problem.

17. D_Larry_Burpengary

D_Larry_Burpengary New Member

thickness seems to rip em im 6.7 thick and iev ripped a few.

18. verticalstick

verticalstick Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I've ripped a few myself, like guys on here suggest lube your dick then put it on then lube again. Also give the hole, whatever it may be, some adjustment time to lighten up the grip....then u can kill it.

19. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    exactly...not only will it cut down on the tight feel and friction that will tear the condom...but it will feel MUCH better, for the fact you get more sliding inside the condom. *a more natural feel.*

20. Simpay

Simpay New Member

I've ripped a couple as well still with the same woman stopped using rubbers. But Im just over 2 inches wide and 6.5-7 girth.

Draft saved Draft deleted