magnums?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by bigdude, May 29, 2006.

1. bigdude

bigdude New Member

me and my gf have had sex a few times using regular condoms. I'm 7.5-8 in long so the length isnt a problem with regulars, but i think my girth could be a potential problem.

A few times during sex, i went limp (usually when i'd pull out to and we'd switch positions quickly). Have any of you experienced this from using condoms that were a bit too small for you? I mean i know condoms are supposed to be snug but it feels tight, a little uncomfortable and just unnatural. Has anybody who uses magnum condoms gone limp from using regular ones? Please explain your experiences as they will help me come to a conclusion with my problem and hopefully i'll find a good solution :) thanks

i guess im asking this here too cuz i dont wanna buy magnums cuz condoms are expensive...and then have them be too big and not stay on/fit well. im almost 5in in circumference im pretty sure, somewhere around that, but i dont really know...if somebody could measure the girth of a magnum at the ring of which the condoms unfolds, that could probably help me determine whether or not they'll work well for me and then i can go from there

thanks again

2. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Magnums are very good for the "thicker" penis.
    They are much cheaper on the Internet.
    They are free from GU Clinics (at least in the UK) ...
    I am presuming you are American .
    Avanti also work well but are pricey !
    Interestingly enough "Magnums" in the UK are also a choc-ice which comes in assorted flavours ....

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

:smile: Try a magnum . They should be alright for you Talk to your girl about it.Mabye she might even do some shopping

4. Paper5tr3et7

Paper5tr3et7 New Member

Magnums are great, go for it....I used to have the same problems as you...then I tried magnums and didn't realize how bothered I was by regular condoms.

5. D_Merringtonne Meathead

Agree with all - magnums work for me.

6. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

:smile: I have been restoring for about 3 years I have added girth.Well divorced now time for protection again .I tried a magnum one night and couldnt even get it over the head.Any body else find magnums too small?How are the xtra lg?

7. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    You will be surprised how much difference it makes. The magnums are an excellent product. For me it's the difference between using comdoms and not using them.

8. ZapZav

ZapZav New Member

uncut... What is the size of your girth? This site might help: http://www.penissizedebate.com/page45_condom-size.htm

9. lisa_2662

lisa_2662 Member

Definately try the magnums. I would say go for the regular ones, not the XXL or whatever the larger ones are. An ex of mine was close to your size, and he had problems when using regular condoms, but once we tried Magnums this were great.

10. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

My girth i havent measured in a couple of years ,That was before restoring .And before restoring i could use a magnum Thanx for the info

11. Irish

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If regular condoms are tight move up a size. Trojan makes standard, a Large size, Magnums and Magnum XLs. The Larges are probably a waste of time, they're just very slightly bigger than standard condoms, but if you're really concerned about not buying something too big, try that as a stepping stone. If they're tight, go for the Magnums; if the Magnums are tight pick up the XLs.

And since nobody else has said it yet: http://www.theyfit.com/

12. DoodeTwo

DoodeTwo New Member

Yes, I do find the regular magnums too tight. I go for the Mangum XLs if I HAVE to buy the condoms from a store. Thats if I run out of the special order.

The Trojan Magnum twister condoms are AMAZING by the way.

Anyways, I get my condoms from condomania.com. They're well priced and there are 55 sizes! They're called 'They Fit.' I use size G22. :wink:

13. bigdude

bigdude New Member

thanks everyone, you are all so helpful

i still have 2 pending questions that I was wondering if they could be answered...what is the circumference of a magnum/large condom around the ring where u unroll it, and has anybody ever experienced going limp pretty fast from using condoms that were a bit too tight? These two questions answered and i'll be on my way to great, new, satisfying sex with my gf

thanks again

14. ZapZav

ZapZav New Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong... Large Condom: 4.7" by the glans (head) & 4.1" by the lower shaft. Add about an extra inch for the for for the tightness.

http://www.penissizedebate.com/page45_condom-size.htm
    "These figures might seem small but don't forget that the condom has to fit rather tightly to prevent slipping off. The average penis (5 to 5.2 inch girth) should fit in the medium (regular) condom size of 4.1 inch girth."

15. justsukplz1000

justsukplz1000 New Member

Big Dude,

I don't know if this will help, but it's something I have done, when I wanted to get free condoms because of the amount of sex I was having.

The clinic giving free condoms would give only 1-3 "supersize" Durex - a nice condom for a big dick - can't remember the proper name plus a whole bunch of "large/extra large" of some other brand, including fruit flavoured ones.

Whilst the sex with the supersize-me's was most terrific - best I've had with a condom undoubtedly now it comes to mind, I discovered a way to use the others which worked.

Instead of rolling the condom on from the tip of your penis down the shaft, and definitly, don't let your girlfriend try this with her teeth if your using a size which is too tight, you grab the condom at the base and stretch it out with your fingers.

You can then take it down the length of your penis using a "crab" movement that a DJ uses - ask a competent DJ to show you what this crab movement is on the cross-fader - without it hurtiing and gently snap it when you reach or nearly reach the base of the shaft. This is actually uite a horny feeling - a bit like a cock-ring it will keep you [and your girlfriend] up all night iof you're lucky.

The only problem is that the condom can get sore because it's so tight and also can roll-up and even get lost inside the vagina of your partner.

However, it's worth a try deifinitely and I have used this method multiple times. This is because I heard on a show that you can fit a human being inside some standard sie condoms, so it figures you can fit your dick in one, even if yo have to stretch it like your putting a tent on your penis and then "snapping" it back!!!

Just my 2 cents.

16. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Just an FYI magnums and magnum xl's are the exact same size except at the head xl's have "more head room" I have found magnums to be ok, alot better than regulars.

17. D_Claude Hopper

D_Claude Hopper New Member

I'll tell you what. The additional SMALL cost incurred to have a condom that fits is gonna be a worthwhile investment. A very worthwhile investment. Fork out the extra buck or two.

18. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

Or get your girlfriend on the pill :p

Anyway yes use Magnums. Is there really no difference between normal and XL though? They're the same price so its inconsequential but I read a review of Magnum XL's on Amazon and people were saying Magnum's didn't fit them but XL did...

How much headroom is there in XL's? I use XL's and am the same length at least as the OP...

19. bigdude

bigdude New Member

UPDATE:

Tonight i went to the movies w/my gf and afterward, she suggested we go find some "good condoms" at wal mart. I had talked to her online yesterday about this condom issue and she said she doesn't like trojans, says they suck, but I told her the girth thing might've been the reason why I was going limp and the sex wasn't very enjoyable for me. Anyway, there were quite a few kids in wal mart tonight as well as a few adults and that made it feel awkward holding a box of condoms and waiting in line. But we finally got out of there and made it home but i still felt awkward cuz I wasn't sure how it would turn out with magnums (i had no idea how much bigger they were). So we start foolin around and then I put it on and it just rolled right down, no kinda "squeezing over the head" or anything. And after putting myself inside her and thrusting a few times, I noticed right away how much better it felt. I couldn't believe it...I even checked to make sure the condom was still secure around the base of my cock. I was so used to wearing a condom that would squeeze me, make sex feel a bit uncomfortable and unnatural, and going limp between switching positions...but I experienced NONE of this tonight and it was the best sex I've ever had with her for this reason...I asked her and SHE even said she felt the difference. And I must say...wearing trojan magnums now as my condom choice is a bit of an ego boost even though I get shy about buying condoms/my sex life in general. Plus later on tonight I was explaining the difference in sensation to my gf and told her "its that magnums are a bit wider and roomier so it doesnt squeeze my dick and it feel soo much better" and she goes "yea, you are bit big and thick hehe" ohh man what a turn on

So anyways that's that, thanks everyone for helping me find my condom of choice haha, u were all real helpful.

PS: one more thing....that website that i think irishguy posted, i would really question the validity of ANYthing on that website after reading the section entitiled "do women like bigger cocks" cuz it's completely biased..."women LOVE bigger cocks and only bigger cocks, blah blah blah" but thanks for ur help/input anyway

20. mdc

mdc New Member

bigdude,
    You asked about the girth on Magnums. The circumference on a Magnum is 5.25", and with the XL it's about 5.4". That's the unstretched circumference measured with a tape measure.

By comparison, most regular sized condoms measure 4.75" girth using the same method.

My wife disliked the feeling when I used a condom, but when I got the larger sizes, she didn't mind any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted