Mainstreamed consumerism was soon followed by mainstream homosexuality

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Homosexual behavior is not a disorder, but evolutionary psychology says 100% homosexual behavior cannot be natural/normal.

Evolutionary psychology = evolutionary approaches to psychology and behavior so starting there homosexuality is normal considering it has been around at least since the beginning of recorded history and 100% either way has nothing to do with this conversation, that’s just side-stepping.

Your original claim saying “Mainstreamed consumerism was soon followed by mainstream homosexuality Because in post-industrial societies, people seek instant gratification, superstimulus, and demand any moral code to be modified so that what they think feels good is OK” is absurd considering you think antiquated religious morals (where all that wacky homophobia comes from) are something others are attempting to change just because it “feels good” when reality says its normal and those being repressed by your antiquated religious and/or other misguided moral codes are sick of the small-mindedness

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not everyone's high's and lows in life revolve around cocks.

Yours do. You already mentioned in another thread that you admire dicks. Shall we link it for the rest of the class? Hell, why not? It's the season of the Hypocrite and you're the prime species!

http://www.lpsg.org/105627-i-am-completely-straight-all.html

I'm AM glad that you can at least admit to yourself that you're a troll. Admittance is the first step to recovery. Although in this case, I could care less if you ever recover. Time to let this one talk to himself for a while. Where's that ignore feature? :rolleyes:

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We are a sensate society, according to sorokin. A society that is obsessed with the physical, the immediate, the temporal, the sensual (As opposed to the ideal, the spiritual, the transcendent, the embodied). This is no more obvious than in the artistic expressions that come out of our culture as well as our collective moral consciousness.There is little room for morality in this vision of life, at least a morality that is grounded in a transcendent source. For it disembodies virtue from the physical. It trivializes the body (all bodies, i.e. humanity, nature, art, etc.) and makes it a means to pleasure, a commodity, and a target of the will. This in itself destroys morality. For without essence, reality (and therefore morality) become the victims of perpetual violence as they are made and remade in the image of the human will. No doubt main-stream homosexuality is an expression (or celebration) of this world-view. It subverts nature, denies essence, disembodies morality, and embraces a solopsistic view of reality that revels in nihilism. It appears that Nietzche and foucault rule the West from their graves.

JMJ!! And here I thought I was gay just because I thought some guy was cute! And BTW I know a lot of immoral heterosexuals!! Maybe a good definition of morality might serve well here!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Homosexual behavior is not a disorder, but evolutionary psychology says 100% homosexual behavior cannot be natural/normal.

even the most rudimentary theories of evolution (e.g., Darwin's) looked at population curves

when you look at the curve, it's perfectly natural

(parenthetically, most people, even today, fail to understand his full 19th century theory)