Make love, not war.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Pendlum, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was just reading some myspazz surveys, and a common question and answer is somewhere along the lines of "Do you truly hate anyone?" "No, not worth the effort."

So I thought about it for a second. That is obviously a smack in the face of people you supposedly don't hate. "You're not worth my time/energy/etc." But further more, how much energy does it really take to hate someone? To me it is more emotionally draining to try and love someone than hate someone. Maybe my idea of hating someone is different than most though.

But really, is it so bad to hate someone? Not counting racism and the like.

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

The first question here is: what is hate.
    I can say I hate people for what they did to me, so I can answer yes, I hate people. But I always feel a bit quilty if I said I hate someone. It's a difficult question.

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not a hater. Never have been. Life's too short.

4. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's the thing. I don't think I've ever just sat down and hated someone. So I don't see the "waste" really.

5. cockoloco

Gold Member

Albums:
    One thing is to dislike somebody, other is to not stand somebody and very different is to hate.

Such as love is the most powerful 'positive' feeling, hate is the most powerful negative.

When you love someone, you'll do anything for the person's well being. When you hate someone, you'll do everything withing your reach to make the person unhappy, unsuccesssful or whatever you want. It takes an awful amount of time and energy to actually hate someone.

If you're able of ignoring the person or whatever it is that affects you, then it isn't hate.

Draft saved Draft deleted