ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have seen grown men urinate on the train. : unamused:

As long as the woman doesn't feel the need to fumigate the car with loose powder, by all means, ladies, get your pretty on.

ETA: kinda noticed most of the complaining peeps are old dudes.
Yep, the older dudes complain. Because it's change. We are all a product of our upbringing. Back in the day, *people* dressed and groomed before going out. My mother wouldn't even go grocery shopping without going the full Monty....hair, makeup, a dress. Men used to "dress" for dinner. At home. People dressed up to fly...you weren't allowed in First Class without a suit jacket. And part of these customs was that the act of grooming was private. You did the dressing and trimming and makeup in the "dressing room" or at least in the privacy of your home. Women got up and went to the restroom to "powder their nose" (even if it meant they just had to rip a fart).

So....we have people who are put off by others showing up partially dressed. Is what it is. Personally, I get it...nobody has time for anything, we all try or have to do too much for one day. So we sleep later because we were up later, some shit happens, and there were are...trying to shave with that stupid electric razor on the highway, or applying some Revlon-branded Bondo in the 7:35 train into Pavonia....

Times change. We'll all get old and cranky if we're lucky...

Reactions: g0nz0 and 286798

Yep, the older dudes complain. Because it's change. We are all a product of our upbringing. Back in the day, *people* dressed and groomed before going out. My mother wouldn't even go grocery shopping without going the full Monty....hair, makeup, a dress. Men used to "dress" for dinner. At home. People dressed up to fly...you weren't allowed in First Class without a suit jacket. And part of these customs was that the act of grooming was private. You did the dressing and trimming and makeup in the "dressing room" or at least in the privacy of your home. Women got up and went to the restroom to "powder their nose" (even if it meant they just had to rip a fart).

So....we have people who are put off by others showing up partially dressed. Is what it is. Personally, I get it...nobody has time for anything, we all try or have to do too much for one day. So we sleep later because we were up later, some shit happens, and there were are...trying to shave with that stupid electric razor on the highway, or applying some Revlon-branded Bondo in the 7:35 train into Pavonia....

Times change. We'll all get old and cranky if we're lucky...

Being old and cranky myself, I don't know about the old and cranky shit; because there are plenty of young twats with nothing better to do (I am older than the notorious "Michael") than take notice and bitch about stuff outside their lane.

Trust me there are no age, nor sex barriers to stupid fuckers.

Don't hang the fucked up old foggy thing on everyone over 50 because of one asshole.

Reactions: g0nz0 and 950483

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Being old and cranky myself, I don't know about the old and cranky shit; because there are plenty of young twats with nothing better to do (I am older than the notorious "Michael") than take notice and bitch about stuff outside their lane.

Trust me there are no age, nor sex barriers to stupid fuckers.

Don't hang the fucked up old foggy thing on everyone over 50 because of one asshole.
I didn't hang anything on anyone. I described a little about how customs today are different than they were, and that this could explain the proliferation of "old dudes" complaining. Shit changes. Some people don't like it. I didn't say every old fart is like that.

I didn't hang anything on anyone. I described a little about how customs today are different than they were. Shit changes. Some people don't like it. I didn't say every old fart is like that.

Hmmmm yeah it kind came out that way. The down side to the internet, because we can't see each other.

Like I said there are ass hats across all the age brackets.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I seen that @swoon , absolutely ridiculous. I'll admit I've never been that pushed to not have done my makeup before leaving the house, but I'll touch it in wherever I am when I see fit. if I had been applying makeup on a train and some guy had a moan about it I'd tell him exactly where to go and probably grab whatever pathetic balls he had and squeeze them so hard he'd be layed up for a week! Interfering bastard. ...

Reactions: 950483 and g0nz0

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can’t even imagine putting my makeup on while riding the train. It’s crowded and bumpy and smells bad. I keep getting hit in the head by someone’s backpack or purse. Nope, I do it at home at my makeup table where there’s good lighting and a good mirror.

D

deleted924715

I have no problem with the ethics of it - it's not like shaving your legs on the train. The situation simply wouldn't arise for me because I ain't going anywhere without my face on!

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can’t even imagine putting my makeup on while riding the train. It’s crowded and bumpy and smells bad. I keep getting hit in the head by someone’s backpack or purse. Nope, I do it at home at my makeup table where there’s good lighting and a good mirror.

Where I live in the UK countryside the trains are reasonably comfortable and a smooth ride, often when I travel there's hardly anyone on them either. sometimes I've even had a whole coach to myself which is nice, I hear you tho hun, the further north I've been on trains they're packed and pretty miserable X

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's bizarre that anyone would have an issue with applying make up on the train.

It reminds me personally of a commuting story one of my former colleagues saw. This woman was travelling with an empty seat next to her, so she placed her beauty case on the empty seat. Three different commuters asked her if the seat were free. Each time she simply responded "no, no that seat's for my beauty case". Those three men were so puzzled by her response that they just moved on. Then a fourth commuter came up to her and she tried the same line, but the woman responded with "er, nope your beauty case can go on the floor, I'm going to sit down here."