Making it bigger without being bigger?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
For all you young pixel counters out there, you may find this interesting.

So, you’ve got a hefty tool, but you want to make it appear even more impressive? If you’ve got a pre-digital SLR or DLR camera, you can easily make "things in the mirror look bigger than they appear" without Photoshop or other photo-editing software. There’s an old standard maxim in photography regarding depth of field, which is the range of distance around the focal plane of the object you want to photograph that appears acceptably sharp. You can easily mess with the depth of field using non-digital cameras with a little basic knowledge and practice. The depth of field varies depending on camera type, aperture and focusing distance, although print size and viewing distance can influence our perception of it, too.

I’ve tried to accomplish the same old-fashioned tricks with my modern, expensive digital SLR, but without great success. My digital camera’s built-in software always out-smarts me by automatically adjusting for my attempts to mess things up. This is especially a problem with night photography, but I digress.

Anyway, do a Google on Depth of Field and read up on the basics. Then pick up an old SLR film camera. A 35 mm camera with just a 50 mm lens will do. Get some black-and-white film and start practicing.

My squeeze, who sports a comfortable (for me) 6-inch tool is very happy with the nude shots I have taken of him as he reclines back from the camera. It looks as though he’s packing 8 or 9 inches, depending upon the side angle.

Anyway, I just thought it might be worth resurrecting this information for those who might be interested. As for “truth in advertising,” I don’t really consider this kind of a photo as a lie. It’s just making the actual produce look more delicious so the public will buy. You’re subjected to it every day when you read cookbooks, food ads, etc.

Enjoy.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
LOL! Now I think about it, you end up having to scan your developed self portrait with a scanner, thus "digitizing" it. As long as your dick is in the first 1/3 of the depth of field it really will appear larger than it may actually be. But it takes practice. As for poseurs (correct spelling), ya, you betcha, ya hoser! This is a time-honored bit of camera wizardry used for more than a century to make women's tits look giamongous and men's dicks look like forearms. Everyone has been looking at photos of fruit, food, automobiles, just about anything advertisers want to sell you with this "poseur" technique. It's just business as usual.

And yes, the Vancouver Canucks DO rule! O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux, Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux! Etc., etc.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOL! Now I think about it, you end up having to scan your developed self portrait with a scanner, thus "digitizing" it. As long as your dick is in the first 1/3 of the depth of field it really will appear larger than it may actually be. But it takes practice. As for poseurs (correct spelling), ya, you betcha, ya hoser! This is a time-honored bit of camera wizardry used for more than a century to make women's tits look giamongous and men's dicks look like forearms. Everyone has been looking at photos of fruit, food, automobiles, just about anything advertisers want to sell you with this "poseur" technique. It's just business as usual.

And yes, the Vancouver Canucks DO rule! O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux, Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux! Etc., etc.

Thanx for the spelling lesson and yes, the Vancouver Canucks rule!

Is that Nevada in the American desert or southern Spain?

Let us sing: O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux, Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux! Etc., etc.