Male/Female Labeling=Discrimination

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Recently I was talking with a friend and first sexuality came up and then she said, that she doesn't think of herself as a woman. This is much akin to my way of thinking. I don't think of myself in terms of sexulaity or gender. As I said to her, I am always momentarily perplexed; when, an application or chart has a box to be ticked off for male or female. I know through standard thought-as given to me by society, that I am male. However, I move towards the idea of a soul and that is who (or what) I connect to and how I prefer to think of myself.

Further assessment, brought me to the realization; that, my view is of the bent that labeling a person as male or female is indeed its own form of discrimination. What else could it be? Why is it necessary to ask this on an application of any sort? It serves but one purpose to separate and divide men from women. This is discrimination in the same way that asking a person if they are black, white, Asian, Hispanic or any other grouping is discriminatory. It disgusts me. How can the people of the world ever truly unite as one; while these separative terms are in use?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
We can't. I don't identify as a woman either. I'm a free floating soul who wanders and conforms to any standard I please. Unfortunately not everyone thinks the way we do and they are the ones who feel the need to label us to make it easier on themselves to grasp what they are working with.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Further assessment, brought me to the realization; that, my view is of the bent that labeling a person as male or female is indeed its own form of discrimination.

I don't find it discriminatory at all. We are what we are.

What else could it be? Why is it necessary to ask this on an application of any sort? It serves but one purpose to separate and divide men from women.

On applications it's usually to determine if the person is male or female because they may have a first name that could go either way. And it's also for statistical purposes.

This is discrimination in the same way that asking a person if they are black, white, Asian, Hispanic or any other grouping is discriminatory. It disgusts me. How can the people of the world ever truly unite as one; while these separative terms are in use?

It's statistics, too. I usually don't check that box if you don't have to, but it doesn't in any way disgust me or bother me. Some people don't know what to check if they are a mixed race, so they wing it.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You seem to be assuming that descrimination is bad thing. Clearly this is not the case at all, most of the time when we make choices we have to descrimimate, when we chose to eat nice tasting food instead of muck its descriminating which is obviously a good thing. The only time descrimination is a problem is when it is used inapropriately

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Our biological roles in life will forever separate us into two. Men and women are very different from the time they are raised, socialized and their roles in life in every society. This biological distinction and role that nature has determined for us and which all societies from the dawn of man have acknowledged and woven into their cultures is a reality. You can either recognize it or ignore it.

I don't think it is discrimination to want to know a person's gender. I think it is naive to think we are the same and gender is meaningless in the name of some feminist dogma. When the truth of the matter is we never ever were the same and gender is and always has been THE most important self-defining aspect of a person.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Recently I was talking with a friend and first sexuality came up and then she said, that she doesn't think of herself as a woman. This is much akin to my way of thinking. I don't think of myself in terms of sexulaity or gender. As I said to her, I am always momentarily perplexed; when, an application or chart has a box to be ticked off for male or female. I know through standard thought-as given to me by society, that I am male. However, I move towards the idea of a soul and that is who (or what) I connect to and how I prefer to think of myself.

Further assessment, brought me to the realization; that, my view is of the bent that labeling a person as male or female is indeed its own form of discrimination. What else could it be? Why is it necessary to ask this on an application of any sort? It serves but one purpose to separate and divide men from women. This is discrimination in the same way that asking a person if they are black, white, Asian, Hispanic or any other grouping is discriminatory. It disgusts me. How can the people of the world ever truly unite as one; while these separative terms are in use?

I don't find it discriminatory at all. We are what we are.
Precisely! And what we are, is an inner soul- before being a person we are a soul. An application should never be so selective as to eliminate individuals based upon a penis or a vagina or a skin color or religion or national content.

On applications it's usually to determine if the person is male or female because they may have a first name that could go either way. And it's also for statistical purposes.
It shouldn't matter what the gender is. If a person is qualified the gender should not be a deciding factor. A name is just a way to identify a person for contact purpose.

Italian1251501 said:
It's statistics, too. I usually don't check that box if you don't have to, but it doesn't in any way disgust me or bother me. Some people don't know what to check if they are a mixed race, so they wing it.
Which is how I apply the matter of male/female.

You seem to be assuming that descrimination is bad thing. Clearly this is not the case at all, most of the time when we make choices we have to descrimimate, when we chose to eat nice tasting food instead of muck its descriminating which is obviously a good thing. The only time descrimination is a problem is when it is used inapropriately
Discrimination in the context I presented it as is wrong. I am speaking of discrimination, not about personal choice of food or clothing. We have our own personal likes and dislikes-there's nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is blatant segreation of certain persons from participation in various sectors of life.
Our biological roles in life will forever separate us into two. Men and women are very different from the time they are raised, socialized and their roles in life in every society. This biological distinction and role that nature has determined for us and which all societies from the dawn of man have acknowledged and woven into their cultures is a reality. You can either recognize it or ignore it.

I don't think it is discrimination to want to know a person's gender. I think it is naive to think we are the same and gender is meaningless in the name of some feminist dogma. When the truth of the matter is we never ever were the same and gender is and always has been THE most important self-defining aspect of a person.
I still find it to be discriminatory. I realize that we are not all the same gender. What I am arguing against is the tag of male/female or man/woman. Placing this label sends a message that, without speaking to a person-which is merely a soul within the casing of a human body-we have decided that a man is somehow either better or worse than a woman. Is this any different from those who decide that a Jew is a better lawyer or that a white man is a better stock trader or an Asian woman is a better singer? It is all discrimination.

for example: i am a man, my sex is male, and i am attracted to things masculine/feminine.
Which is why I find the labeling to be unacceptable. Attraction to a person-a soul is what I believe it should be about, not a surface idolatry of a gender. In the great hereafter, where gender is not the deal, the souls will all merge and mingle, sharing ideas and experience. Isn't that what life as it is presented upon us, should be about?

We can't. I don't identify as a woman either. I'm a free floating soul who wanders and conforms to any standard I please. Unfortunately not everyone thinks the way we do and they are the ones who feel the need to label us to make it easier on themselves to grasp what they are working with.
Sad isn't it? Even here, I am finding people finding random excuses for why it is done. The thing about excuses is that they are just tools to run and hide-which is somewhat similar to the labeling.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Northland--

Why do you have your gender stated on here?

In all of our control panels we can select:
no response, male, female, or transgendered/intersexed.

You want us to know you are male, don't you?

That's the choice you selected.

I'm sure we could figure out you are male by reading some of your posts.

But it makes things easier, doesn't it?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is a large penis support group. sounds like there's an inherent bias in favor of the male, but maybe that's too obvious. :confused: I was thinking the same thing as well.

btw: i don't identify as a woman either. :wink:
That's okay, because I don't identify as a male.

speaking frankly i think that the words "male" and "female" are incorrectly used when we really mean "man" and "woman". they aren't really interchangeable but people do it all the time.

for example: i am a man, my sex is male, and i am attracted to things masculine/feminine.

Oh please!! Why are you looking for trouble where there isn't. For the record I am quite comforatble identifying myself as a single, black female/woman.