male/female view of size

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks Aussie...:tongue:

Yeh guys..why apologize? No way... :rolleyes:

I'm sooo small that I have step cool bar thing going on to enter 'classy' in both of my trucks...not hanging like a monkey to enter on it particularly in my white truck because of big tires....:lmao:

I love bikes but I'm myself riding mine in a group going to cool places and sharing interests and stuff...not that bar scene rebel bikers or anything like that.

I haven't bought mine yet..is still a dream...:wink:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sooo small that I have step cool bar thing going on to enter 'classy' in both of my trucks...not hanging like a monkey to enter on it particularly in my white truck because of big tires....:lmao:

That has formed an hilarious vision in my head of you swinging from the mirror, arms flailing and swearing in Spanish! :lmao:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love bikes but I'm myself riding mine in a group going to cool places and sharing interests and stuff...not that bar scene rebel bikers or anything like that.

I haven't bought mine yet..is still a dream...:wink:

Sounds like you need a Ducati and the Great Ocean Road!:cool:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I know what you mean. Lots of guys on this website say they have like 9 or 10 inches and the women say they've been with guys that big. Mine is exactly 8 inches long and almost 6 around and almost every woman I've had sex with said I'm the biggest they've had. So who knows what the real deal is. Actually with one woman we met online and she said she prefered big ones, and I told her my size, then when we got together she was surprised because I'm actually how big I said I am. She said she assumed everyone added an inch. So maybe that's it. I wonder if some guys add an inch to sound bigger and then women believe they are as big as they say. I always just tell it straight because I got nothing to hide.

Today @ work, a woman told me 3/4" X 3/4" piece of wood was at least a 1" X 1" in exact measurements. By the same token she thought a lumber standard of 2" X 4", was really those measurements, when in reality they are 1 1/2 x 3 1/2. In that case it's not necessarily a lie per se, but rather:

Why are "2-by-4" wood studs really 1.5 by 3.5 inches?

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That has formed an hilarious vision in my head of you swinging from the mirror, arms flailing and swearing in Spanish! :lmao:

:lmao:

Oh man...you are good imagining the situation...

I'm pettite but I do have an attitude and a posture because of dancing classes... no way I want be monkey around like that in social clothes...

(And I would swear in portuguese I'm brasilian...)

Thanks..I'm going to check Ducatis and Ocean Road...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gisella, I wasn't thinking of the "hells angels" type biker thing with the bars and all that. I just wondered why I have been told and read so much about bikes being a magnet for women. I just wondered if it's the bike or the kind of men who ride bikes? I do notice a lot of hot women on and around bikes.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gisella, I wasn't thinking of the "hells angels" type biker thing with the bars and all that. I just wondered why I have been told and read so much about bikes being a magnet for women. I just wondered if it's the bike or the kind of men who ride bikes? I do notice a lot of hot women on and around bikes.

I really dont know..because I want to be a biker not to have a biker and ride as passager..

But it may be because those males may be seen as adventurous and exciting ??? There are many beautiful women hanging around car racers too...maybe is more or less the same fascination some women have ???

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Analogies of cars & trucks vs penis size is an interesting one and even in relation to the sense of feel. The first time I ever drove a mega sport utility, the feeling it left me was that there was a good possibility I was going to run something over, it was more a fear that it didn't fit in the lane I was in, a bigger blind spot and the responsibility of paying for what I hit or run over still makes biggest of the big a less than enjoyable experience.

For sports cars and super bikes, bigger isn't necessarily better as well. The Corvette, I hated that car, eventually the Supra got too big. And if you've ever ridden a sport bike, the 750 cc class size, for the most part has had that ideal size, weight and power that when combined as a complete package was more useful.

Other analogies that can be applicable, eating & drinking, there's a point with anything that it can be under/overdone as well.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Analogies of cars & trucks vs penis size is an interesting one and even in relation to the sense of feel. The first time I ever drove a mega sport utility, the feeling it left me was that there was a good possibility I was going to run something over, it was more a fear that it didn't fit in the lane I was in, a bigger blind spot and the responsibility of paying for what I hit or run over still makes biggest of the big a less than enjoyable experience.

For sports cars and super bikes, bigger isn't necessarily better as well. The Corvette, I hated that car, eventually the Supra got too big. And if you've ever ridden a sport bike, the 750 cc class size, for the most part has had that ideal size, weight and power that when combined as a complete package was more useful.

Other analogies that can be applicable, eating & drinking, there's a point with anything that it can be under/overdone as well.

Very true. I drive much bigger vehicles so the big part doesn't bother me but I can see how so for most people. I have never owned an SUV only pickups which are similar. I like the size of my Tundra...not nearly as big and clumsy as that diesel Ram. I miss the room in the cab and mostly the feel and power of the Cummins. I do like the Tundra better overall.

I like to set up high and I am not comfortable in small cars. If I was I would have one just for economic reasons. I wanted a pickup due to living in the boonies and needing 4x4. I can haul or tow if I need to. The small 4x4 cars like Subaru just won't cut it for me.

I agree that bigger isn't always better in cars too. I would, however, love to have Supra if I had the money to waste on mods. Man, with a little shop time I could make that thing whistle dixie! They are good for 600+ reliable horsepower when modded properly. It would sure be fun and for me the actual work would half the fun.

I too, still wonder if penis size has anything to do with wanting big and or powerful cars. I have heard that but is it true or just a myth?

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow Aussie...I never heard about it..sorry for my ignorance...

Man, its beautifull..look at the color of that sea !!!

Chuck do you drive in the wrong side of the road like the Brits?

Yes, Gisella, we drive on the "wrong" side of the road. The same as UK, New Zealand, Japan, Malaysia, Hong Kong and a big chunk of the world that was once the British Empire.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...she thought a lumber standard of 2" X 4", was really those measurements, when in reality they are 1 1/2 x 3 1/2. In that case it's not necessarily a lie per se, but rather:

Why are "2-by-4" wood studs really 1.5 by 3.5 inches?

Sorry, I can't let this misconception go on. First, isn't it logical that a 2x4 be, 2"x4"? Today the measurement is "nominal", see the note at the bottom of this post.

As a kid in the late 50's and early 60's real 2" x 4" dimension 2x4's could still be found, they also had tighter grain, few or no defects like wane (bark or rounded edges just under the bark that are less than dimension) splitting and few or no knots. I helped a neighbor on many projects from rec-room, bedroom addition, sheds and boats and we saw that lumber was shrinking every couple of years, I know because we measured what was being sold as 2x4's. First it was 1 15/16" x 3 15/16" then 1 7/8" x 3 7/8", later 1 3/4" x 2 3/4", etc. and it has shrunk even further from the 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" you speak of, it is not uncommon to find 1 7/16' x 3 1/2" or even 3 7/16". And these dimensions are for wood that is still fairly wet and will warp and shrink some more as it dries further.

If you could run that new 2x4 back through the mill to see what the initial dimension was, it would not be 2" x 4", I can't give you the exact figure but you can find that the larger tangential shrinkage rate for Douglas Fir is 7.6% (pine has a lower percentage) from an approximate 30% moisture content to oven dry conditions, kiln dried wood may not be this dry and lumber mills do not ship oven dry, framing lumber is what we call "green" or air dried. Wood cells shrink as they lose water which accounts for less than 1/8" (1.619") in the 1 1/2" dimension and a hair more than 1/4" in the 3 1/2" dimension (3.766"); lumber mills almost exclusively use band saws with kerfs (the dimension of the saw cut width) of 1/8" or less.

Bottom line: this isn't your father's, or grandfather's 2x4. Please feel free to insert "mother's" where appropriate if you feel the need.

Do you want to know why? Money. You can get more lumber out of each tree if the lumber and/or the tree has smaller dimensions. And this has been done even as saw blades got thinner and computers optimized sawmill practices that improved cost/resource efficiency. The price of 2x4's has kept going up even as their cubic foot volume shrank. What we lost: thicker dimensions provide higher structural load capacities and a longer burn through time. What we gained: our natural resources go further and lumber barons make more money.

Nominal Size - As applied to timber or lumber, the size by which it is known and sold in the market often differs from the actual size.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, I can't let this misconception go on. First, isn't it logical that a 2x4 be, 2"x4"? Today the measurement is "nominal", see the note at the bottom of this post.

As a kid in the late 50's and early 60's real 2" x 4" dimension 2x4's could still be found, they also had tighter grain, few or no defects like wane (bark or rounded edges just under the bark that are less than dimension) splitting and few or no knots. I helped a neighbor on many projects from rec-room, bedroom addition, sheds and boats and we saw that lumber was shrinking every couple of years, I know because we measured what was being sold as 2x4's. First it was 1 15/16" x 3 15/16" then 1 7/8" x 3 7/8", later 1 3/4" x 2 3/4", etc. and it has shrunk even further from the 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" you speak of, it is not uncommon to find 1 7/16' x 3 1/2" or even 3 7/16". And these dimensions are for wood that is still fairly wet and will warp and shrink some more as it dries further.

If you could run that new 2x4 back through the mill to see what the initial dimension was, it would not be 2" x 4", I can't give you the exact figure but you can find that the larger tangential shrinkage rate for Douglas Fir is 7.6% (pine has a lower percentage) from an approximate 30% moisture content to oven dry conditions, kiln dried wood may not be this dry and lumber mills do not ship oven dry, framing lumber is what we call "green" or air dried. Wood cells shrink as they lose water which accounts for less than 1/8" (1.619") in the 1 1/2" dimension and a hair more than 1/4" in the 3 1/2" dimension (3.766"); lumber mills almost exclusively use band saws with kerfs (the dimension of the saw cut width) of 1/8" or less.

Bottom line: this isn't your father's, or grandfather's 2x4. Please feel free to insert "mother's" where appropriate if you feel the need.

Do you want to know why? Money. You can get more lumber out of each tree if the lumber and/or the tree has smaller dimensions. And this has been done even as saw blades got thinner and computers optimized sawmill practices that improved cost/resource efficiency. The price of 2x4's has kept going up even as their cubic foot volume shrank. What we lost: thicker dimensions provide higher structural load capacities and a longer burn through time. What we gained: our natural resources go further and lumber barons make more money.

Nominal Size - As applied to timber or lumber, the size by which it is known and sold in the market often differs from the actual size.

Hey, I was only relating it to what the thread was about, that is, differing perceptions of size. If someone told anyone 2X4 and said nothing else, anyone would have to assume and take it literally as the dimensions without true and exact knowledge of the dimensions.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, I was only relating it to what the thread was about, that is, differing perceptions of size. If someone told anyone 2X4 and said nothing else, anyone would have to assume and take it literally as the dimensions without true and exact knowledge of the dimensions.

Just another little tidbit on size perception. I have read (don't know how much truth is in it) that most men estimate the average penis at 8". Most women estimate the average penis at 4". Do any of you believe this to be a
truthful perceptive difference between men and women?

ray j johnson jr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
men think about dick size a lot more than women...i know a dick that is too long hits their cervix and is painful...i think women are more turned on by a nice ass on a guy...that is my first turn on w/ a woman, not their tits...i guess most guys want to be john holmes, me included, but women like big wallets better

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
men think about dick size a lot more than women...i know a dick that is too long hits their cervix and is painful...i think women are more turned on by a nice ass on a guy...that is my first turn on w/ a woman, not their tits...i guess most guys want to be john holmes, me included, but women like big wallets better

Agreed, men do think about size way too much.

Sadly, I don't have a big wallet either.:redface: