male insecurity re: love of size (a dating anecdote)

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Stanley, that's hot. Sounds like you have a really healthy approach to your girlfriend's preferences - obviously your confidence has made her decide to stay around!

nolbaby - I actually listed a lot of other "bonuses", most of which weren't physical. The most important of these was "you're vegan". I can tell you that it certainly didn't stop dozens of ovo-lacto vegetarians and omnivores from writing to me, though this is a FAR more important quality to me than cock size.

Mithra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The current girl I'm seeing is also unabashed about considering me small in the pants (I say I'm average... she says I'm deluding myself). We have a great sex life and her little comments and jokes are part of the fun! Like I said earlier, I love a girl who is into talking about size, and I realize I'm not going to be the most hung guy and woman who has been with at least a few other men has been with. For me its hot to have a woman in my life who appreciates a big one!

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Q: Why the hell would you tell a guy about a preference for a penis bigger than his?

A: You're a Moron. Morons tend to do stupid things as it's in their nature and job description.

I mean, really... How long did you know the guy before your broke it to him, especially with him probably self-aware and self-conscious of his premature performance ( probably due to anxiety )?

I feel no pity.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he'd read your profile before your first date and had no problems getting flirty or aroused.
i think it's about PE, not size.

Hey, voyeuristic, I'll throw my two cents in here:

As an over average, but not really hung guy, I'm within the range that I'm not immune to occasional worries over size, and I think I can lay out the psychology of penis size anxiety for you:

The worries that men have over penis size are not the same as the worries that women have over breast size, for instance, because the penis is not primarily cosmetic during sex, but rather functional.

If I were with a woman who I knew preferred really, really tall guys, it wouldn't really upset me that I'm just 5'11". I figure, I'd just use other things to turn her on. As long as I could still get her going like a tall guy could, what's the worry? I could still match the tall guys. It would just mean that one particular way of matching them was closed to me, but I could find other ways.

However, if I were with a woman with a preference for big dicks, I'd be pretty insecure, because I'd be worried about why she preferred big dicks. That would upset me in a deep, visceral way, I think.

If I could know for sure that she was simply turned on by them psychologically - perhaps she liked the intimidating look of one, or enjoyed sucking them more - I could be okay with that. It would mean that if I could turn her on in other ways, I could still satisfy her just like a bigger guy.

However, there would be the worry in the back of my mind that she preferred bigger dicks than mine because she was physically stimulated by them more. That would mean that I could never satisfy her during intercourse like a bigger man, no matter what I did - in short, that I was inadequate, at least compared to them.

And of course, that leads to even a further worry: If big dicks are more physically satisfying to one woman, then perhaps they are more physically satisfying for nearly *all* women (even if they don't know it yet), which would mean that I was relatively inadequate in general. After all, don't all women have basically the same equipment down there?

I can guarantee you, something like what I've just sketched out is what was running through that guy's head.

The solution? Well, if your big dick preference really is just a fetish on your part, tell the guy that. Explicitly compare it to something cosmetic that women can have fetishes for, like muscles or height, so that he knows that he's not physically inadequate, but merely needs to find another way into your head to satisfy you like a big guy.

And if your preference is *not* just a mental thing (or if you don't think it is or aren't sure)? Then don't tell the guy about it at all. There is simply no way that you can tell a psychologically normal guy that his equipment is physically inadequate to satisfy you like a bigger man could without it really cutting him to the quick.
http://www.lpsg.org/members/voyeuristic.html

Notsoproud

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your -AHEM- is Gorgeous :D

As for the guy... if I evered PE I would probably be emberassed for a loooooong time. Im willing to bet he was hung up on that, or he really didnt have an open relationship