Male Models

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
6'2 220 to tall and to beefy, oh well!!!

wow you're a lot taller than you look, and damn your 5-10 lbs heavier than me, SHIT. I need to loose weight SO badly though. how the HELL I trimmed myself down to 175 lbs, I may never know LOL, anyway its really weird how thats the norm for Europe builds..well, almost all of of Europe anyway...I just so happen to be 1/4 Finish lol, maybe I'll b;ame them for my "condition"...:lmao:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
6'2 220 to tall and to beefy, oh well!!!
Screw the statistics. You're great just the way you are. Actually, your body type is what models should be, not the stick boys that look like a good gust of wind would blow them over. Just my opinion.

D_Leonard_Boner_McCoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think I might be the boy who looks like a gust of windcould blow me over. I'm 5"10' and 133 pounds with a 28 in waist. My body fat percentage is really low though cus I'm always exercising. Like not even joking its between 4 and 5

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think I might be the boy who looks like a gust of windcould blow me over. I'm 5"10' and 133 pounds with a 28 in waist. My body fat percentage is really low though cus I'm always exercising. Like not even joking its between 4 and 5
There is a difference between being lean and being skinny. Athletes are lean; people that don't exercise are skinny. You're lean, not skinny. I'd be willing to bet that you look great in your swimsuit.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I started losing weight like crazy last fall, and went from 156 to 136 in two months. It must have been stress, due to a very bad relationship with a crack user/alcoholic. At 5'9", I found all my pants falling off of me. Looked good for awhile; then looked awful, according to friends.
Well, I ditched the relationship, and gained all the weight back. I swim about a mile daily, so I keep in pretty good shape, but the tummy is a little poopy.:redface:

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's lots of fat people in the UK. It's, by far, the fattest country in Western Europe. I don't know much about Eastern Europe to say anything.

Europeans - particularly male Europeans - are not healthier than Americans, despite being thinner.

Some of the Western European countries have higher life expectancy rates than the US, and this may be due to that fact some Western European women are more healthy overall healthy than their American counterparts.

Canada is no less a fat country than America is.

Off my soap box...for now.:biggrin1:

I have only been in the Med, and only in Spain, France, Italy and Greece. I have heard that about the UK. It is too bad. I once read in Mens Health Magazine a quote from Nellie. He said, "Your body is the gift you give yourself" I totally believe that and feel sorry for people who are over weight their whole lives. We only have one life, and I can't imagine letting weight keep me from doing all of the things that I love about life.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The real question is, compared to the effect the modeling industry has on the women who subscribe to it, exactly how many men feel pressured to fit into that "top model" mold. Men are less likely to be influenced to look a certain way by a fashion ad then they are by a sports figure or an entertainer.

J7INCH

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am just over 6 feet tall, have a 32-33 inch waist and wear a size 46 suit. I weigh 175 pounds, and have always appeared very slender. I have been working as a part time model for 18 months now, including runway appearances, and I'd be considered one of the smaller male models. I can only speak for some of the stuff I've done in Australia, but a lot of Male models are around the 6'2 185 pound mark, which is hardly what you would call light weight. Mind you it's a different story for the women who most of the time are 5'10 - 6'0 and are rake thin. This would have to have a profound effect on women in general as it's just not a realistic size, and in my opinion, isn't even very attractive.

aquadude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Males in the modelling world today have anew norm. A typical model, when 6 feet, should weigh 145 lbs with a 28". It seem to vary a sin 10 lbs per inch of height (6'1" is 155 lbs, etc). Lets say suicidal? I was just wondering, what are everyone's weight to height rations? I'm 210 lbs at 5'10" (I'm out of shape)...maybe we could compare modelling vs normal:
Models 6 feet = 145, 6 feet 1 inch = 155, 5'11" = 135 (these are guess-timates, the first two are confirmed, seen them in articles, last is just a guess for shorter guys...you typically don't see guys below 5'11" or 6 feet in modelling, not tht I'm in one)

Um, first off I would like to say that I find your words a little bit offensive in suggesting that a guy is unhealthy and "suicidal" if they are like that. I'm 6'3", 145 lbs, with a 28 inch waist, and I am perfectly healthy, I eat well, and exercise, granted I was also born with a fast metabolism, but that doesn't mean that I'm unhealthy. So please keep your notions of what is normal in, terms of the body, to yourself.

eric19831

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Canada is no less a fat country than America is.

Off my soap box...for now.:biggrin1:

I don't agree with you bigbull. I'd say Americans tend to be more over weight then Canadians. Whenever I have been in the US it is always one of the first things I notice. I'm not saying that there are not over weight people in Canada. But I do think we are closer to Europes standards.

just my bit.

Cheers