Male Models

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
5'10" here and weigh between 140 and 150. I have put on a little weight this year, and my metabolism is finally starting to slow down. It donned on me recently that because I waited tables for so long, I really could eat like shit but work it all off during busy lunch and dinner shifts for several hours a day.

As far as modeling goes, I know that the people who end up doing professional runway are few and far between, but I think the commercial fashion industry is much more forgiving. In fact, those huge buff mother fuckers that are the envy of most gentlemen nowadays can only find work maybe in fitness or muscle stuff. And even then, you have to be muscular and nicely cut. Seems like the guys that get the most work have pretty good abs, a nice v-shape to their torsos and a face with sharply defined features. So, being lean, you definitely get a better shot at it.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We are talking Models here people. Models are basically clothes hangars, and the NORM is for models, not the general public. thats why when you go to buy clothes, especially from european designers, THEY DO NOT FIT >>>> Its their business, and they have to look a certian way. Not representative of the mass market, so stop worrying about hoe you stack up...

europeandude

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As the male models topic occured I have another question for u guys...

How about nudity among your group? Is it part of your profession and u all are used to be naked while measures are taken or clothes (undies?) tried on? Don't u mind many ppl see your equipment? Or maybe when u're on fashion shows in the backstage do u have special dressingrooms that provide intimacy and prevent from showing naked?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As the male models topic occured I have another question for u guys...

How about nudity among your group? Is it part of your profession and u all are used to be naked while measures are taken or clothes (undies?) tried on? Don't u mind many ppl see your equipment? Or maybe when u're on fashion shows in the backstage do u have special dressingrooms that provide intimacy and prevent from showing naked?

As a rule no special dressing rooms, just a big room filled with rolling racks with the clothes you are going to wear. No real time to look or worry about being looked at...Fashion shows are fairly hectic back stage. As far as fittings go most people are very professional and respectful.

europeandude

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a rule no special dressing rooms, just a big room filled with rolling racks with the clothes you are going to wear. No real time to look or worry about being looked at...Fashion shows are fairly hectic back stage. As far as fittings go most people are very professional and respectful.

do u have any special requirements i.e. that u have to be shaved or trimmed down there?
if it is underwear show, does it matter how your penis is located inside? up, dow, right, left - does it depend on u and nobody else cares?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
do u have any special requirements i.e. that u have to be shaved or trimmed down there?
if it is underwear show, does it matter how your penis is located inside? up, dow, right, left - does it depend on u and nobody else cares?

I don't know, I suppose it would depend entirely on the company. I have only done fashion work so I'm no authority. However I was asked to wear supportive undergarments and not boxer shorts a couple of times because I was showing too much package.
It's been several years since I walked down a catwalk...I don't think there were under garment shows when I was a model.

aquadude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Males in the modelling world today have anew norm. A typical model, when 6 feet, should weigh 145 lbs with a 28". It seem to vary a sin 10 lbs per inch of height (6'1" is 155 lbs, etc). Lets say suicidal? I was just wondering, what are everyone's weight to height rations? I'm 210 lbs at 5'10" (I'm out of shape)...maybe we could compare modelling vs normal:
Models 6 feet = 145, 6 feet 1 inch = 155, 5'11" = 135 (these are guess-timates, the first two are confirmed, seen them in articles, last is just a guess for shorter guys...you typically don't see guys below 5'11" or 6 feet in modelling, not tht I'm in one)

First off I would like to say that I am offended that you think just because a guy is that tall and only weighs that much that he is unhealthy or suicidal. I am 6'3", weigh 150 lbs, and have a 29"-29" waist, I am completely healthy, eat plenty, and exercise at a healthy level, I just have a fast metabolism, don't judge just because someone is thin.

HungBoyRN

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm currently 5'10" and weight 165#. When I was in my early-20s, I weighed 129# and was skinny as a rail. I resented all the comments I'd get from people about how I must be sick, etc. It was simply my metabolism; I ate plenty. So I totally understand what Aquadude is saying. My doc always told me it's far more difficult for someone of that body type to gain weight than it is for someone to lose. Age does slow the metabolism, but not the same age for all people. For me, I was 40 before I started to gain with no effort.

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm 6'4'' and around 160#. It takes a heroic effort to keep myself at that weight. I swear I have the metabolism of a hummingbird...I can eat as much as I want, but I never can get over the 160 mark. My only success with weight gain thus far has been to put on muscle. I work out on a regular basis and over the past few years have put on enough muscle to get up to 160. before I started working out I was a bit below 150...very, very skinny. Of course, I got tired of hearing fucktards tell me I needed to "put on some weight" or that "i looked sick". Now, I dismiss what other people think. I look great, feel great, and am happy with my body!

B_Castello

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm 6 ft and 38 and 1/8th Osage Indian. My weight varies only slightly between 175 and 178 lbs. Part of the reason it looks as if I'm well endowed is that I'm long in the torso; levi's are 32W and 29 or 30 inseam. Chest is 45. I worked as a male performer for about 11 years after college so it was imperative that I keep my bod in shape. As a real gym rat (work in one as a PT and train in another) one could say that I'm trying to fight the age factor. However, it's imperative that my body's in top shape as an example for my clients.

WOW, I will add your name in this thread: http://www.lpsg.org/135477-which-member-lpsg-have-you.html

You are so beautifull

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It only gets better as you get older. There were a few years were I suffered through high school as the skinny kid. Now many years later, I enjoy not having a weight issue and eating whatever I want.

I'm 6'4'' and around 160#. It takes a heroic effort to keep myself at that weight. I swear I have the metabolism of a hummingbird...I can eat as much as I want, but I never can get over the 160 mark. My only success with weight gain thus far has been to put on muscle. I work out on a regular basis and over the past few years have put on enough muscle to get up to 160. before I started working out I was a bit below 150...very, very skinny. Of course, I got tired of hearing fucktards tell me I needed to "put on some weight" or that "i looked sick". Now, I dismiss what other people think. I look great, feel great, and am happy with my body!

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I come in at 6'2 and 170. During my college years, while on a trip to New York and another to Los Angeles, I remember being approached by strangers, who called themselves modelling scouts. Being from a small town, I had never heard of this. Without exception, each one thrust his or her card into my face, and, told me to call them. Also that was the first time that I saw someone make the "call me gesture".

I handed the cards to winos, and, told them to call, because the person had liquor samples to give away.