Male opera star turn-ons?

I gotta plug my uncle, Robert Rounseville, here. He was a very handsome man, loving food, drink, and partying to all hours and especially loved the ladies, who loved him even more, so long as they never asked, "How is your wife?" :squint: He had a perpetual harem around him without even looking for it.

His voice could range from angelically sweet to thundering.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter33

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jason - your uncle had a beautiful voice and very strong screen personality - I remember first seeing him (when I was very much younger) in Carousel, and even more on the soundtrack.

Two phrases ring in my memory:

"Reeee..member when we raked dem red hot lobsters out of the driftwood fire!

and "The dreams that evry other dad and Mother dream" which he phrased so beautifully

B_frednethel

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My memories of Rounseville are only aural: the original Bway cast of "Candide"--music by Bernstein with Rounseville as 'Candide' with Barbara Cook as 'Cunegonde'. Musical perfection when I first heard it mid '60's. Anyone who doesn't know the show yet loves serious musical comedy or operetta should go out and get this cast recording.

briefs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Those are all good choices. Thanks for the pics, too. Half the time I sit in far away seats. Without opera glasses I just use my imagination.
Baroque opera in smaller theaters works better.
Anyway, there are lots of sexy singers these days!

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Teddy Tahu Rhodes is gorgeous.
Absolutely agree. Seen him a couple of times in concert, and as Ned Keene in Peter Grimes from the Met on HDTV in a theatre, all in the last three weeks. In the flesh (we were in the second row) he flirts outrageously with the whole audience. Not very bulgeous, though.

And, as his name implies, he's another gift from New Zealand to the opera world, after Paul Whelan (another hunk), Dame Kiri, Inia Te Wiata, Jonathan Lemalu and Donald McIntyre.

pudgela

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
nobody Mentioned Paulo Szot - Polish By Way Of Brazil (that Alone Is Hot Enough) Currently Starring In South Pacific.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Try the Barihunks (as in baritone) site. I heard some singers being interviewed and they claim the trend is moving towards more realistic and age appropriate casting for opera. No more 300lb 45 year old Julliets.

Barihunks

Reactions: Georgebenl

orgelman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Baritone Alan Titus was super fine when he sang the lead in Leonard Bernstein's Mass for the opening of the Kenedy Center in DC. Had many at fantasy about him at the time.

He is in his 60's now, but still has a great voice.

SweatsBulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wish there were pics of my favorite soap actor James Carroll - mostly active in the 90's. I haven't found any online pics of him. He's sooooo handsome. If you like horror flicks from the 80's he is in "Girls Nite Out" and "He Knows You're Alone" (as the soon-to-be-jilted groom).
Anyway, he's my favorite.

Last edited:

B_frednethel

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmmm...a 'soap' entry in an 'opera' thread. It *is* a variety, but not really what we were looking for. Different strokes, etc. Whatever :)
However, thanks Novaboy for the info about Barhunks site--this looks like it'll be fun!!!

B_frednethel

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I heard some singers being interviewed and they claim the trend is moving towards more realistic and age appropriate casting for opera. No more 300lb 45 year old Julliets.

Barihunks

Yeah, it kind of is. But now you get girls who think just because they can sing Je veux vivre they can sing the entire role of Juliet when in reality they have no business touching it. It's the reason that Anna Netrebko sounds like trash now.

• Haha
Reactions: PopularTongue

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Franco Corelli was as famous for his looks as for his voice.
Here he's singing Grenada, in a video from 1982.
If that's true, that was the year he would have turned 61. The gods were obviously kind to him.
(You have to go to 0:52 to catch his first appearance.)

B_frednethel

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[FONT=&quot]Cher BBM (ou plutôt TTBM)
Merci pour cet présentation au Jérôme Varnier dont je n’ai jamais entendu ni jamais entendu chanter. Quelle voix ! Et il est bien beau aussi : - ) Oui, on peut espérer qu’il a un paquet également TTBM !
[/FONT]

Hi,
And what about J. Varnier, awesome french singer (deep bass) ?

Official site
Video Youtube

In addition, do you think that a tall guy + a deep voice = a big cock ? :wink: