male pattern baldness

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_joshdaniels, Feb 21, 2011.

1. B_joshdaniels

B_joshdaniels New Member

i'm 22, and my hairline is receding. i've always taken advantage of my big bushy jewish dark brown locks. my hair has always been worn really shaggy and messy and the girls love it. i'm coming to a point where the look i've always had is withering away and i'm at a crossroad between keeping it the way it is (long) and trying to style it in a way that looks respectable or just shaving it all off, not bald bald, but just really short. my girlfriend calls this hair style "the italian" because she noticed the men in italy who go bald, do it really gracefully with a very short buzz cut. in the past my solution to hair getting too long was just to cut it short, but now short would just expose my rapidly receding hairline and i'd look all sorts of funky for my age.

i feel as if my head shape is strange, but perhaps everybody feels that way about themselves. i do lack a pronounced chin, and my head is longer than rounder.

here's a photo of me with short hair when i could easily cover up recession (short for me) http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/17280_460506495149_604175149_11091949_5936493_n.jpg

am i a candidate for a shaved head?

2. Topicboi

Topicboi New Member

Albums:
    Hey you are really good looking and would be hot with the quarter-inch-all over short hair. The shape of your head isn't bad either. Mine is longer than yours and I've got a long-ish pointy chin. I also think I'm receding but no one else really sees it.. I've got the same problem because I've always worn the 'emo' bangs but now I feel like my forehead is higher..

3. B_joshdaniels

B_joshdaniels New Member

thanks for the compliment, however that is a nice photo of myself. the problem with me basically shaving it off is that it won't have that shape anymore (photo from a little over a year ago, and it's begun more rapidly falling over the last 5 months) if i were to cut it short now, it'd look much different than that.

4. hairyversmuscle

hairyversmuscle Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Buddy, don't worry about it. LOTS of guys start to lose there hair around then. I am a head shaver and started when I was 21 when I had a full head of hair and didn't care about it. For everyone who like you with long hair there will be someone who likes you with short. If someone doesn't like you whip that big dick out and they will definitely like you!

5. earllogjam

Gold Member

I guess a comb over isn't an option in this day in age. Tried flock?

How about a hair transplant surgery?

6. B_joshdaniels

B_joshdaniels New Member

man i'm 22, what kind of money do you think i have!?

maybe if everybody on this forum donates a dollar i could afford it.

7. D_Porthos Porksworde

Shave it off... if you don't like it, it'll grow back. To me it was one of those things where I couldn't tell how it would look until I actually did it. I started losing when I was 16, and wish now I shaved it years before I did... I look, and actually feel, younger. Then there are the evil gray hairs...

8. cklover

Gold Member

Albums:
    Keep it short! Balding men who fuck with styling and other artifice look like SHIT! A nice goatee or soul patch would possible give you a bit of edge too:wink: Remember, it's all about getting women to allow you access to their reproductive equipment, so straighten up and fly right, Dude!:tongue::biggrin1:

9. Guardian100

Guardian100 Member

10. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^^What these said!

Buzz cut would look cool - plus easy to look after. Loads of young ppl go for that style whether they're receding or not.

I started going grey at 21, so slightly different prob. :S

11. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Shave it off. I started balding at my crown about 5 years ago and I just took it all off. I think it looks rificulous to walk around with bald spots or receding hair lines. You have facial hais so work with that. I keep a goatee and the look works for me. You'll feel funny at first but you'll get used to it.

12. superbot

Gold Member

Just go with it,it's not a disease!!

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

You are a very good looking man. I'm not quite sure the shaved head thing is going to work for you. Why don't you go to a competent hair stylist and express your concerns and have them show you some pictures of some options that would suit your lifestyle, facial shape and bone structure.

I myself have very thick jewish curly hair and the options are long or short. Mine is full enough that I can have it relaxed so I have a few more options. Talk to a professional before you buzz your hair off.

14. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

A kid with shaggy hair is cute, but a man with a shaven head is fucking sexy.

15. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you!!:biggrin1:

16. midlifebear

Gold Member

I foresee Kasha being a regular addition to your daily food intake.

17. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Balding is an X-linked trait. As a male (XY) you could only have gotten the X chromosome (and potential baldness) from your mother.

Looking at your dad's hair won't tell you anything, ditto that if you're referring to your paternal grandfather. Look to the men on your mother's side of the family.

18. B_joshdaniels

B_joshdaniels New Member

the men on my mother's side have always been doing well. my dad is bald as hell. if he were around i'd ask him when he started losing his

19. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have been told that your hairline is that of your mothers father. In my case it's true and those whom I have met or seen photos of their maternal grandfather.
    Blame Male Pattern Baldness on Mom?

#19 nudeyorker, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  20. chicagosam

Gold Member

In my case, that's not true. I have my father's father's hairline. I'll have a fulll head of white hair down the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted