Male Periods?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Imported, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: No, not in THAT way!
    ---

Guys, do you feel that there are times of the month when you feel really "normal," as far as sex or horniness is concerned and then other times you can go off the wall and be rampant as a rabbit?

Or is that just me? ::)

2. Imported

Gold Member

tomarctus: It's not just you. Men have hormonal modulations throughout the day and month. They also have hormonal changes as they age. Our "periods" are usually mild.
    I'm impressed that you noticed. Hardly any man is aware of this change in his body. I was always a little aware, but now that I need hormone replacement (thyroid, testosterone) I can really tell. Now I know where those feelings came from.
    So next time a man gets moody, withdraws, gets sullen, gets quick to anger, talks like he wants to beat somebody up, remember he's reacting to hormones to some extent. never an excuse, just an explanation.
    As for the "hornies", I strongly believe they are hormonal and boy do they feel good!  ;D

3. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, men have periods. But we can still go swimming.

4. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=tomarctus link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#1 date=01/26/04 at 11:07:13]It's not just you. Men have hormonal modulations throughout the day and month. They also have hormonal changes as they age. Our "periods" are usually mild.
    I'm impressed that you noticed. Hardly any man is aware of this change in his body. I was always a little aware, but now that I need hormone replacement (thyroid, testosterone) I can really tell. Now I know where those feelings came from.
    So next time a man gets moody, withdraws, gets sullen, gets quick to anger, talsk like he wants to beat somebody up, remember he's reacting to hormones to some extent. never an excuse, just an explanation.
    As for the "hornies", I strongly believe they are hormonal and boy do they feel good! ;D[/quote]

Woo, thanks for the insight Tom, I'm sorry you need hormone replacement though, what's that all about?

5. benderten2001

Gold Member

Over the last several years, new information (medically speaking) has come to light regarding testosterone.

Testosterone affects a number of bodily functions (it's been found) beyond the male sex drive. Seems heart-rate, metabolism, one's overall feeling of "energy and pep" and the rebuilding of body tissue and other elements of overall "well-being" are tied into this male hormone. It's all a very delicate, critical balance type thing, really---beyond my limited ability to explain it. Women have "traces" of testosterone while men have "traces" of estrogen in our bloodstreams, but there is that critical level to maintain (of whichever) that will determines our courses in life. It's all fascinating stuff.

A few years ago, when my libido starting diminishing a bit, I added a few nutritional supps (which promoted more production of natural testosterone) and within a few weeks, I noticed not only a return of the libido factor but felt more energetic and even "happier" in mood. It made a big difference in my whole persona.
    Some of my colleagues even noticed the difference in my mood and "outlook". (I DID feel much better.)

If women can be influenced by their levels of "female hormones", then it stands to reason we men can feel the effects of our male hormones, too--when they may lag a bit or whatever. Men may not have the "periods" issue to deal with in life, but I'm willing to wager (given my reading on testosterone these last several years) that we men DO experience fluctuations in our hormone levels and these affect our day to day lives (and behavior as men) more than we could ever realize.

6. Imported

Gold Member

tomarctus: [quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#3 date=01/27/04 at 00:36:01]
    Woo, thanks for the insight Tom, I'm sorry you need hormone replacement though, what's that all about?[/quote]
    Orcabomber,
    I have hypogonadism, which just means low testosterone. It happens to many hiv-positive men, either from the virus or from the medications. The good news is that the testosterone can be returned to normal levels by using a patch, or getting injections every 2 weeks, or by rubbing a gel into the abdomen. I use the gel and have had the injections in the past. Since it is only restoring the normal level there is no trouble wth "roid rage". It doesn't give us raging hardons. But without it I would be very tired and prone to deep depression. A good testosterone level is very important to keeping mood and energy normal.
    Heck, I've been poz for 24 years and I'm still here. I'm glad there are meds to help me have a decent quality of life.
    Benderten explained testosterone very well, too.

7. Imported

Gold Member

Solis24: My mom says that she couldn't live inside a male body because she wouldn't be able to stand having periods once a day (;

I would tend to believe that men have these periods too, it's just that men on average aren't attuned to their bodies as well as women it seems (generally speaking!), but hey, women, don't really have a choice but to notice, do they? ;)

8. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=tomarctus link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#5 date=01/27/04 at 12:01:49]
    Orcabomber,
    I have hypogonadism....I've been poz for 24 years and I'm still here. I'm glad there are meds to help me have a decent quality of life.
    [/quote]
    Tomarctus, hey, I'm glad you're alright. Thank you very much.

---
    Bender, as said, great info!
    ---

Solis, you've got a point I mean, I'm just in tune with my body (mabybe that's why I know it complains too much!), but I dunno about other people in general.

Saying that, if a man was depressed because of his hormone levels, would anyone normally be sympathetic, but if a woman "looses it" it's taken as a given.

9. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#7 date=01/28/04 at 00:11:02]Saying that, if a man was depressed because of his hormone levels, would anyone normally be sympathetic, but if a woman "looses it" it's taken as a given.[/quote]
    Orca, Love, when was the last time a PMSing woman asked for permission? We don't care if anyone is sympathetic. We just kick ass and take names.
    :D

10. Imported

Gold Member

hungcuriousNC: Talk about some PMS... I get it for sure. I used to claim the 23'rd as my day for moodiness and such. But now I've changed as I've grown older (26 y/o) I've now noticed that I get horny as the moon gets full. And the more full it gets until it's a complete full moon, the more and more hornier I get! The standing joke with my coworkers is that when it's a full moon, I get horny enough to fuck the bark off a tree. And it's true too.... you should be around me when I'm like that. It happens every month.. I'm like a dog hunching air while walking around. LOL

11. Imported

Gold Member

shadow: [quote author=jonb link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#2 date=01/26/04 at 16:04:18]Yeah, men have periods. But we can still go swimming.[/quote]
    If you have a raging hardone and a larger than average penis, I don't think you will be going out swimming and if you will, you are certain to draw stares ;)

12. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#8 date=01/28/04 at 04:53:13]
    Orca, Love, when was the last time a PMSing woman asked for permission? We don't care if anyone is sympathetic. We just kick ass and take names.
    :D[/quote]
    Hey! Why can't I? I mean, I'm not dangerous! I'll say I'm fighting for territory! ;D

13. Imported

Gold Member

headbang8: Too fucking right men have periods!  And headbang8 is Mr. Champion Moodswing!

No matter how hard I try, I completely fail to hide it when I'm in a bad mood.   And you know what I've discovered?  The world cuts you no slack.

And yes, it DOES follow the phases of the moon.  

I get  total evil PMS before the full moon, and immediately thereafter I'm like those two poofy chipmunks on Looney Tunes.

Like, it was a full moon last night, right?  

Last week I was tired, exhausted, grumpy.   I repeatedly failed to discharge my marital duties.  Even the duty I owe to Mrs. Palmer and her five daughters...

And wouldn't you know it?  Last week was sunny and unseasonably warm; a hint of cherry blossom peeking from the bud, the little birds chirping a happy tune, the girls donning their first gay frock of the season and the guys beaming a happy smile, basking in their loveliness.  

And I'm like, hey world, SHUT THE FUCK UP, WOULD YOU?  I wish it would rain so I could open up the window and let in some fresh gloom!

But this morning--it's only eight o'clock, by the way--I've already answered my emails and posted two messages on this board.

And hot dang, am I horny!  Time to wake my boy up with a hot sausage breakfast!  

I'm in such a good mood, you can even have a few of those stupid smiley things!   ;D :) :-* :D

Ah, it's a wonderful world!  At least until next month.

OK all you moon-boys out there...we've just had a full moon.  Are the lunatics feeling different today?

14. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#11 date=02/05/04 at 00:50:48]
    Hey! Why can't I? I mean, I'm not dangerous! I'll say I'm fighting for territory!  ;D[/quote]
    Can't you just pee around the perimeter instead?
    ;)

15. jonb

Gold Member

For me, it's the first quarter/waxing crescent, actually.

16. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#11 date=02/05/04 at 00:50:48]
    Hey! Why can't I? I mean, I'm not dangerous! I'll say I'm fighting for territory!  ;D[/quote]
    Have you been reading Ardrey again? Or was it Lorenz? If it's Ardrey, I find it rather hard to believe that every tool is a weapon. If it's Lorenz, I'm sure fish and birds have a lot more to do with human nature than other primates. LOL

Sociobiology can be kinda funny like that.

17. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#13 date=02/06/04 at 15:32:22]
    Can't you just pee around the perimeter instead?
    ;)[/quote]
    I'm a recessive male. :(

18. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=headbang8 link=board=sex;num=1075139775;start=0#12 date=02/06/04 at 15:28:31]Too fucking right men have periods! And headbang8 is Mr. Champion Moodswing!...
    [/quote]
    There's always someone worse off than me isn't there, MR WAREWOLF! For the love of God, keep away from Wales! :D

I must admit I've never felt it that strongly, just as well, it'd be weird!

Draft saved Draft deleted