Male POWs raped?

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It is common to hear reports of mass rapes of females when they are taken prisoner in war(s).
The latest reports are from Congo.
I've never heard of similar treatment of men in these situations. Are they simply covered up, or, do they not generally happen?

texas41-38

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Of course they happen. But men will almost never report being raped. In any culture. When another clergy attack is reported, I am far more likely to believe the 35 year old victim that has kept his "shame" a secret since he was 12, than I am the 14 year old who make the same claim.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
texas41-38
so are you saying this happened to you when you were 14 or that youa re 14 now?
i am deeply sorry to hear of this and hope you are doing well.

as far as male POWs being raped, i have no idea but it seems like its a possibility.

B_bigDwalker

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Agree, there is a stigma with rape (not that there should be, anyone can be victimized) that men are just not comfortable with sharing, so while it happens men just don't really talk about it.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This has been going on for thousands of years. That is probably why there are a few passages in the Bible condemning men who lie with men as if they were women; it was basically a condemnation of male on male rape. The people who lived when those passages were written would have understood that. The purpose of that sort of rape is to disrespect and humiliate defeated enemies.

If you do some google searches, you will find articles about African men who have been raped. One reason they are reluctant to report it is that if they do, they are rejected and humiliated by other villagers.

Look what happened when women were being raped when Yugoslavia broke up. I haven't seen any reports of men being raped there, but women who were raped were rejected by their families. The "blame the victim" attitude never ceases to amaze me, especially when it is held by people who claim to be Christians. I wish that there were some way to subject those with a "blame the victim" attitude to the same treatment for which they blame victims, i.e., if they blame men for having been raped, then rape the blamers; they deserve it.

Last edited:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Look what happened when women were being raped when Yugoslavia broke up. I haven't seen any reports of men being raped there, but women who were raped were rejected by their families.
Please do not generalise.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry, Luka - but some nasty shit went down in your region back then and a lot of women were rejected by their families. I'm sure there were other victims who weren't but we know there were a lot who were. Sure FRE could have qualified it the way I have, but the point stands.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've never heard of similar treatment of men in these situations. Are they simply covered up, or, do they not generally happen?
Cause most dudes have to have a woman in the picture or they don't get turned on, although the idea of rape does not turn me on, so in those circumstances, I have wondered why they don't just fuck each other. It would be better to do something consensual with another guy than force someone who is trying to get away. I never have thought that would be any fun.

There's a whole lot of different things operating at different levels when rape occurs.*

As far as I'm concerned rape is what still happens to most newborn boys in U.S. hospitals. But some have said it is not rape if there is not a sexual motive. See asterisk.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sadly the true atrocities of war are rarely reported in the Western media. It is a case of we don't wish to know. No nation has a monopoly on cruelty in war, the more powerful ones don't even get reported to the war crimes commission, or flout the Geneva Convention.

The Romans raped both men and women. During WWI reports of systematic rape of captured Christian soldiers by Ottoman troops was suppressed.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry, Luka - but some nasty shit went down in your region back then and a lot of women were rejected by their families. I'm sure there were other victims who weren't but we know there were a lot who were. Sure FRE could have qualified it the way I have, but the point stands.
Manly did you live in Ex Yugoslavia?
Did you work here?
Because I do not know the statistics, I know how it is.
And many brave women had the guts to stand up to their rapists and to say what happened without any rejection. I`m not saying that there were those who were rejected, I just don`t like the generalisation.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
But Luka, it did happen. No one, including FRE is saying all female rape victims of all ethnicities in the former Yugoslavia were rejected by their families. What FRE said was:

but women who were raped were rejected by their families.

You seem to be choosing to read 'women were rejected...' as 'all women were rejected...'. I don't read it that way. I read it as 'it happened that [some] women were rejected...'.

Of course there were supportive families, and women who found one kind of strength to stand up to their rapists. Just as there were frightened and confused families and women who found a different kind of strength to bear the load alone.

Did I ever live there? No. Have I done a lot of reading of first hand accounts and both indigenous and international journalism? For reasons I won't go into, yes I have. There is no generalising about your region, Luka. I wouldn't dream of doing so and I don't think FRE was trying to either.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You seem to be choosing to read 'women were rejected...' as 'all women were rejected...'. I don't read it that way. I read it as 'it happened that [some] women were rejected...'.
You are right I chose the first option. I thought it said "all women were rejected." But that is semantics:wink:.
The thing I thought was wrong is that was said in context of comparing Yugoslavia with some 3rd world countries. At that time, early 90s Yugoslavia was a wealthy country, with a great, free educational system, both men and women were equal. Everyone knew what a rape is, if someone did it, and it was very rare, he would be stigmatised for life. And serve a lot of time in jail. War changed that all. Human rights as an issue stopped to exist, some individuals did shameful things in the name of THE NATION. And we became 3rd world countries then.( all but Slovenia)
But people are still being prosecuted for the bad things they have done, women stand up against their predators and those men serve time in jail.
Anyways Manly, thanks for explaining!:smile:

chevychas

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i been rape when i was a litle kid i dont rmember much what hapen to me,iknow i remeber to cry alot and blood,my life was screw for ever!hope the guy is paying at hell!

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is common to hear reports of mass rapes of females when they are taken prisoner in war(s).
The latest reports are from Congo.

I can't speak to what happened in the last century, but throughout history the victorious army often raped their defeated enemies as a final act of humiliation and subjugation.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have wondered why they don't just fuck each other. It would be better to do something consensual with another guy than force someone who is trying to get away.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about violence. Therefore it being consensual would defeat the purpose.

I never have thought that would be any fun.

That's because you're gay. Male on male rape is overwhelmingly done more often by straight guys than gay guys.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Manly did you live in Ex Yugoslavia?
Did you work here?
Because I do not know the statistics, I know how it is.
And many brave women had the guts to stand up to their rapists and to say what happened without any rejection. I`m not saying that there were those who were rejected, I just don`t like the generalisation.

Please point out to me where I said that ALL women were raped or that NONE stood up to be counted or that ALL the women who were raped were rejected.

Please learn to understand that attempting to read between the lines is very risky and often results in incorrect conclusions.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am well aware that rape occurs, but it is a crime that I do not understand. I do not understand how it is possible to get an erection with someone who is obviously terrified and does not want to participate, yet I know that some men can. I am not one of them. Obviously we are not all the same.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight