Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This thread has rekindled my interest in saunas in London, lol.. I met a buddy at Chariots Waterloo today for some lunchtime play as he's in a relationship and has to be on the down low. He's not especially hung, but he's a handsome guy with a fit body and we're both into very tactile play, so we're well suited.

Anyway, Chariots Waterloo is just so-so imho. It's small and has all the basic elements: showers, steam, sauna, lounge, video rooms, cabins, dark rooms....but you're at the mercy of a small crowd and whomever shows up. If I hadn't arranged my meet-up, it would have been dire in terms of choice. I like the degree of lighting though, it's not too dark...that's my pet peeve. It's an odd combination of people. You have the ubiquitous Brazilian rent boys hanging out, some business types, some worker types. and a much higher proportion of tourists. It's definitely an older crowd, mostly 35+. I think younger guys go to Pleasuredome which is very close by.

I'd go again if I were in the area and passing by, but I wouldn't trek across the city to go there.

Reactions: HairyMuscle

jayslinx

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Been to Pleasuredome a few times, and it find quite good, but want to check out others.

Please keep the info coming guys, this is a very useful thread.......

wappingite

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Most saunas operate in the same way. You enter and there's a window where you pay and get a couple towels and a locker key. There will be a locker room where you change out of your clothes into a towel. There are usually showers and toilets near this in order to freshen up. Then saunas are usually a series of different rooms and spaces that "may" include the following: steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, pools, gyms, cabins (with doors), open play spaces, glory holes, mazes, dark rooms, sex rooms (with cages, slings, etc.). It just depends, most have websites where you can see what's offered.

Essentially, you walk around wearing your towel and check people out. If people are interested they usually make eye contact or brush against you or actually even talk! You are never under any obligation to anyone, if you aren't interested a no thank you should suffice. If you click with someone, you find a chosen place to do what comes naturally. If you're in a common area, there may be group play. Again, only do what you want and with whom you want. There are always places in the sauna to go for more privacy. They usualy have condoms and lube available in boxes around the sauna, please use them! In term so etiquette, some people are looking for just one encounter while others want it to last the night and will move from guy to guy. You may be playing, then mutually stop with a friendly thanks. Sometimes, the experience can be fantastic, sometimes sleazy, sometimes disappointing or comical. I know a couple who met in a sauna, so a bf is possible....but I wouldn't count on that. There are lots of guys in relationships (straight, gay or otherwise). The primary objective in a sauna is sex. It's not a place to be judgmental.

I would recommend for your first time to just go with the intention of checking it out. Don't put any pressure on yourself. If something happens, great. The vibe of a sauna can also change instantly when new people arrive or leave, so it may seem hopeless and dead and then 15 minutes later be hopping.

They are busier at different times depending on the day of the week and the clients. Some have peaks at lunch, after work, late evenings, etc. Some attract different age groups, social groups, etc.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: HairyMuscle

yamahard

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Most saunas operate in the same way. You enter and there's a window where you pay and get a couple towels and a locker key. There will be a locker room where you change out of your clothes into a towel. There are usually showers and toilets near this in order to freshen up. Then saunas are usually a series of different rooms and spaces that "may" include the following: steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, pools, gyms, cabins (with doors), open play spaces, glory holes, mazes, dark rooms, sex rooms (with cages, slings, etc.). It just depends, most have websites where you can see what's offered.

Essentially, you walk around wearing your towel and check people out. If people are interested they usually make eye contact or brush against you or actually even talk! You are never under any obligation to anyone, if you aren't interested a no thank you should suffice. If you click with someone, you find a chosen place to do what comes naturally. If you're in a common area, there may be group play. Again, only do what you want and with whom you want. There are always places in the sauna to go for more privacy. They usualy have condoms and lube available in boxes around the sauna, please use them! In term so etiquette, some people are looking for just one encounter while others want it to last the night and will move from guy to guy. You may be playing, then mutually stop with a friendly thanks. Sometimes, the experience can be fantastic, sometimes sleazy, sometimes disappointing or comical. I know a couple who met in a sauna, so a bf is possible....but I wouldn't count on that. There are lots of guys in relationships (straight, gay or otherwise). The primary objective in a sauna is sex. It's not a place to be judgmental.

I would recommend for your first time to just go with the intention of checking it out. Don't put any pressure on yourself. If something happens, great. The vibe of a sauna can also change instantly when new people arrive or leave, so it may seem hopeless and dead and then 15 minutes later be hopping.

They are busier at different times depending on the day of the week and the clients. Some have peaks at lunch, after work, late evenings, etc. Some attract different age groups, social groups, etc.

I hope this helps.

Great info - many thanks :)

1goodguy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Planning a trip to London this Thursday 8th Dec... anybody with ideas ref a sauna... would probably get there for around 4pm. Have been to pleasuredome in the past and it's been ok but seems like the usual crowd. Have also been to sauna bar the once, not many people were there (8pm). Anyway, if somebody has a thought on this... or join us! Will be heading with a mate of mine ;-)

1goodguy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well... I was at Sauna Bar last Thursday 8th (?) and it was pretty good, quite a few good looking guys and quite alot of fun in the steam room, sauna and showers lol! A mixture of ages and types - both the sauna and steam room got quite heated, pardon the pun! Staff were friendly and easy on the eye ;-) Will probably go again. It was a bit compact, Pleasuredome is larger... anybody able to recommend any other saunas in London... hoping to head in to London early in the new year ;-) Oh... and any guys reading this... were you at the Sauna on the 8th between 3pm / 7pm ;-)

1goodguy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi @ David D and Impossible!
DavidD - that could be something I'd be interested in but would need more notice as not in London plus am better able to get to London at Fri through Sun but yes, would be up for a meet at a Sauna ;-) Have not been to Sweatbox, ads for it look a bit pretentcious (sp) but in reality you think it's OK, the people I mean.

Impossible... the Vault, that's a club right, not a sauna? Why not join us at a sauna ;-)

Any other guys reading this and interested lets see about doing something in the new year ;-)

DavidDevear

Experimental Member
Media
For all under 25 did you know Sweatbox,Ramilies (St behind Oxford St) is free on a Monday evening \ night.

For older ones amount us that means lots of Eye Candy on Monday's -
Love the olace!

D