Male Stars "Coming Out"

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why don't more MALE actors come out and admit to being gay?

Yesterday a well known female TV star (was it Meredith MacCrae?) went on a morning TV talk show and admitted that she is a lesbian.

Is it somehow "easier" for a female star to admit her lesbianism? We've had Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, and others doing it apparently without any shame or even hesitation. What's holding back the male stars??

I suppose it's either their own fear (or their agents' fear) that such an admission would ruin their careers. For example, I can't imagine a macho matinee idol like Hugh Jackman holding a press conference to admit that he's gay and then having a big love scene with a sexy starlet in his next movie. I'm sure that movie would not be a big box office hit.

Yet, it's ridiculous to think that all of our favorite male actors are perfectly heterosexual. Just look at West Hollywood!! :smile:

So, what will it take for our greatest male heart throbs to come out of their celluloid closet??

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is it somehow "easier" for a female star to admit her lesbianism?

Yes.

Str8 guys think lesbians are cool and have fantasies of having 3-ways with them.

A lot of str8 guys are threatened by gay guys or revolted by gay sex.

Until that changes, not much will change.

thee1

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Excellent question. I say if a man is a big-time, wealthy superstar, and has done all he can do in his career, and also happens to be gay, then it shouldn't be a problem for him to come out (provided he wants to). An up-and-comer who is just starting to make waves in the business, and happens to be gay, may want to hide it because, unfortunately, we still live in a country where a lot of folks have small minds.

cal_uncut

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gerard Butler kinda came out as being bi. This was a few months ago.

He recently said, “‘I talk about my sexuality, but it’s always glossed over. People seem to shy away from the issue. Whenever it is discussed, its distended and exaggerated. Gerard Butler is gay. No I’m not. I don’t know myself what I am so it can be bewildering to see that being plugged. I have been in relationships with women. And men. That doesn’t make me gay. That doesn’t make me straight. Its hard enough to go through these things in my mind without being scrutinized about it so there are times when you want to close the door and say my sexuality is my own personal business.”

Yesterday a well known female TV star (was it Meredith MacCrae?)
Meredith Baxter

thee1

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gerard Butler kinda came out as being bi. This was a few months ago.

He recently said, “‘I talk about my sexuality, but it’s always glossed over. People seem to shy away from the issue. Whenever it is discussed, its distended and exaggerated. Gerard Butler is gay. No I’m not. I don’t know myself what I am so it can be bewildering to see that being plugged. I have been in relationships with women. And men. That doesn’t make me gay. That doesn’t make me straight. Its hard enough to go through these things in my mind without being scrutinized about it so there are times when you want to close the door and say my sexuality is my own personal business.”

Meredith Baxter

I heard that Gerard Butler quote was a hoax

ChockladGa

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My opinion is that the answer shouldn't really matter. I've seen enough of Gerard Butler to perceive he's very friendly and liberal with gay men. That came out on TMZ where damn near the whole male crew is gay. Gerard is a hearty Scot and seem not to have hangups on sexuality. I hope he stays that way.