male "true bisexuals": as rare as unicorns?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I pretty much agree with that. Two types of "bisexual" males --
1 - Guys using their relations with women to fool themselves and/or others
2 - True horndogs who just like to get it on.

The tricky part is figuring out which is which. There are so many Type I bisexuals, that a lot of people don't believe the Type II bisexuals, which isn't fair to them. As far as the exact proportion of Type I to Type II, -- I couldn't say. I wonder if anyone really knows.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the terms homoflexible and heteroflexible should come into more use. They more fully put across having a preference but being into both. And using all those along with gay, straight, and bi links up pretty well with the Kinsey scale.

But those terms Heteroflexible and Homoflexible are just other terms for bisexual.

To me they're just terms for people who do not actually want to come out as being bisexual when that's what they are but they just want to keep their heterosexual/homosexual privileges.

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm, but isn't SF/The Bay Area the gay capitol of the USA? Where 100% gay guys go if they want to live openly? I can imagine that the presence of so many openly gay men could lead to the straighter guys feeling more relaxed about gayness if they didn't feel threatened by them, without actually getting around to practising bisexuality.

Paradoxically, I think you might have more luck in a less gay town.

SF is funny that way. The gayest place in America, yet I've always found that gay guys in SF don't check each other out on the street the way we do elsewhere in the US. Something about the saturation of the place, I guess.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
For males, hetero preference with some level of willingness for homosexual activity is the norm.

That makes bisexuality the norm for men.

But the culture imposes an all or nothing mentality on people's public sexual stance...

Thus the majority of men who fall into the norm will Claim to be hetero... although Kinsey showed that over a third of them are willing to engage in homosexual activities.

Its all just so much posturing. I have never met a 'straight' guy who experimentally sucked a dick and hated it.

I have never met a straight guy who let another guy suck his dick and did not find it pleasurable.
But nearly every damn one of them still represent themselves as 100% straight...

hotdogmustard

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am 100% right down the middle. I love so many things about women and so many things about dudes, mainly the different things that I can do sexually with them both and the ways in which their bodies can be so incredibly beautiful and sensual. This might be the reason why I will never end up married, but if my life continues the way it has been going I'm ok with that because I enjoy my ladies and my dudes.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I understand you completely. I also feel that way.

I am 100% right down the middle. I love so many things about women and so many things about dudes, mainly the different things that I can do sexually with them both and the ways in which their bodies can be so incredibly beautiful and sensual. This might be the reason why I will never end up married, but if my life continues the way it has been going I'm ok with that because I enjoy my ladies and my dudes.

MarkGerard

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Some really excellent posts on here, too many to give credit to.

Men who admit to being less than 100% hetero are labeled "queer." Period. And they will be shunned by most women as sexual partners.

Male sexual behavior is far more narrowly defined than women's in contemporary American society. It's as though few can tolerate an independent, someone who doesn't choose a side. All or nothing, as someone wrote.

I love the taboo aspect of sex with another guy. And that it's totally hedonistic. Now that I've tried it, I know what I'm missing.

I like the post that being bi is "living in the now." Instant gratification. Gee, I feel like getting off with another human being. I'll go on CL. What are the chances I'll find a woman? Has it happened for me? You bet it has. But after hours and usually days of emails. Now, what are the chances that--for tonight--I can find a guy who'll hook up, NSA? Much higher.

Given a hypothetical choice between a reasonably attractive woman who responds and an attractive male, I'll choose the woman. Is that going to change tomorrow or next year? I'm middle-aged. I doubt it.

The last time I was with a man, we kissed and he sucked my cock. That's all he wanted. He wasn't hot so that was all I wanted, too. But I had to fantasize about women to get an erection. It was one of the very best blow jobs I've ever had. He was patient and deliberate.

After I left, cute women were hurrying home, late at night. I minded my business, of course. But I wished this happened with a woman. That knowledge made all the difference.

Now, will I never let a man suck me again? Doubt it. :)

PS MFM, MMF and MMM are on my wish list, too. Also doing it with a married guy, preferably with kids. Hope that's not off-topic.

Last edited:

Ki_re478

Sexy Member
Media
I'm bisexual. For the majority of my life (i'm 24 now) i have lived a mostly heterosexual lifestyle (with occasional fooling around) and now it seems to have switched, where I am more interested in guys but still find girls attractive. I don't really like the term "true bisexuals", what does that even mean? Do I have to be permanently 50/50? because that's definitely not me but i still consider myself bisexual nonetheless.

Also, its neither a "cover" (those that use it as a cover never last long... considering being bisexual tends to cause distance from BOTH the straight and gay community) nor am I a "horndog", if anything i would say i have a lesser sex drive than most people.

manju

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think there are more bisexuals than 100% gay men. I would say at least half of the men I've had sex with and have gotten to know were bi or has had sex with a woman or women in their past. I have and I have to say I enjoyed the experience although I pretty much exclusively have sex only with men now.

Last edited:

MarkGerard

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ki_re478 reminded me of a teacher assistant who taught a Human Sexuality class I took in college. (If you needed proof that school makes EVERYTHING boring, this was it.) He said in order for someone to be truly bisexual, they would have to engage in a sexual act with a member of the same sex and an equal number with the opposite sex. Such a person is non-existent for a variety of reasons. So by that measure, there are no "true" bisexuals.

D

deleted15807

I have never met a straight guy who let another guy suck his dick and did not find it pleasurable.
But nearly every damn one of them still represent themselves as 100% straight...

Well it's not the activity that makes you straight or gay.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
To me a "true" bisexual is someone who is equally attracted to men and women both sexually and emotionally. By that definition "true" bisexuals are indeed quite rare. But it's my experience and belief that people who are somewhat sexually interested in both men and women are really quite common.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have always felt like a unicorn, being fully bisexual. In a perfect world I'd have a loving, sexy wife and a thoughtful, handsome guy. The three of us would raise our children and animals together. And of course our backyard garden would produce an abundant harvest of organically grown vegetables :)

Meanwhile in the real world, I don't meet many bisexuals. Particularly male. However, I do encounter plenty of heterosexuals who don't "get it". And the homosexuals en masse are somewhat hostile to the notion entirely.

C'est la vie.

Reactions: bijockfl

badger2395

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Pretty much. I don't see much reason to comment more on this thread as it sets up an unrealistic standard for bisexuality. Bisexuals are people who say they are bisexual. If you doubt that, don't object when other people second-guess your own.

I have always felt like a unicorn, being fully bisexual. In a perfect world I'd have a loving, sexy wife and a thoughtful, handsome guy. The three of us would raise our children and animals together. And of course our backyard garden would produce an abundant harvest of organically grown vegetables :)

Meanwhile in the real world, I don't meet many bisexuals. Particularly male. However, I do encounter plenty of heterosexuals who don't "get it". And the homosexuals en masse are somewhat hostile to the notion entirely.

C'est la vie.

Reactions: 1814

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay, now I consider myself bisexual. And to me that means I get turned on by both men and women. I date both men and women (not at the sametime tho). When I was single, I loved having sex with a women and men at the same time. But like most people, I enjoy a commited relationship just like alot of others do. I crave dick and pussy on a daily basis. I look at it this way, I won't limit myself to one or the other. When I was younger I would try to pick one over the other. Gave up on that.

Whenever I talk to others about their bisexuality, it seems so complicated for them. Yet when I think about my bisexuality, it's so easy and non complicated. My gf loves that I am bisexual, but is unwilling to engage in sex with me and another guy. I can respect that, as she sees sex as an emotional act between to loving individuals. But I told her to leave the threesome door open in case she changes her mind. She laughed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1814