Male versus Female Bathrooms

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One of the downsides of actually looking like a female as a male crossdresser (which usually isn't the case) is that sometimes you have to use women's bathrooms. I don't say this in a negative sense because of cleanliness (male bathrooms are on average MUCH filthier than female ones, despite what women say), but rather because of the ridiculous lines. Perhaps one of the most redeeming qualities of men is their organized efficiency when using public restrooms. It's truly a wonder to see men actually cooperating to reach a common goal. :tongue:

The main point of this thread is not how awesome men are, however. It is how the different genders perceive how the other acts in public bathrooms. It never really occured to me until a few days ago, but men and women don't seem to have a clue what really goes on in the opposite gender's bathroom.

In this thread, I'd like you to identify your gender, and give a description of what you think the other gender does in a public bathroom, and explain your reasoning behind it.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
One of the downsides of actually looking like a female as a male crossdresser (which usually isn't the case) is that sometimes you have to use women's bathrooms. I don't say this in a negative sense because of cleanliness (male bathrooms are on average MUCH filthier than female ones, despite what women say), but rather because of the ridiculous lines. Perhaps one of the most redeeming qualities of men is their organized efficiency when using public restrooms. It's truly a wonder to see men actually cooperating to reach a common goal. :tongue:

The main point of this thread is not how awesome men are, however. It is how the different genders perceive how the other acts in public bathrooms. It never really occured to me until a few days ago, but men and women don't seem to have a clue what really goes on in the opposite gender's bathroom.

In this thread, I'd like you to identify your gender, and give a description of what you think the other gender does in a public bathroom, and explain your reasoning behind it.

Quite, I'm going to say something and it is probably going to sound rude, but I feel it needs to be said. I am sorry if it comes off bad or seems to be off topic to you or anyone else.

If you have a penis, doesn't that legally make you a man? Regardless of your clothing options, I would think that LEGALLY, you have to use the mens washroom. As an adult male, you should be using the men's washroom.

Am I crazy in thinking this? Yes, I am aware it is off topic, but I would really like to understand why you feel you can use the woman's washroom.
Again, this is just a thought, but go with me for a minute.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Quite, I'm going to say something and it is probably going to sound rude, but I feel it needs to be said. I am sorry if it comes off bad or seems to be off topic to you or anyone else.

If you have a penis, doesn't that legally make you a man? Regardless of your clothing options, I would think that LEGALLY, you have to use the mens washroom. As an adult male, you should be using the men's washroom.

Am I crazy in thinking this? Yes, I am aware it is off topic, but I would really like to understand why you feel you can use the woman's washroom.
Again, this is just a thought, but go with me for a minute.
I'd prefer to use male bathrooms, but it's sort of difficult when I dress and look female. Based on experience, less trouble comes out of me using female facilities than male ones. It's really that simple.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I'd prefer to use male bathrooms, but it's sort of difficult when I dress and look female. Based on experience, less trouble comes out of me using female facilities than male ones. It's really that simple.

So, perhaps I should start a new thread then, so that this thread doesn't get ruined. Would you object to that? I am still quite confused.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Female and I think men go in their restrooms for a pee intending to take the shortest time possible, I think that possibly quite a few of them don't wash their hands. I think they surreptitiously sneak a peep at other guys dicks.
Personally I'd have no problem with a crossdresser using the ladies restroom, it's not like we piss out in public, there are only cubicles in there and I tend to treat and think of someone on how I perceive them, if someone looks like a woman I treat them as a woman. However, I think that a crossdresser using the men's room might be subject to a lot of hostility or his using the room might be seen as an invitation to initiate some sort of sexual encounter.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well I have to say something in this thread, when i used to work at the grocery store I would have to clean the restrooms once in a while and i have to say that both Men's and Womens restrooms were just as filthy, and one thing men don't do is throw their maxipads and tampons on the floor for th whole world to see, so i have to say that the men's room was slightly cleaner.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
well I have to say something in this thread, when i used to work at the grocery store I would have to clean the restrooms once in a while and i have to say that both Men's and Womens restrooms were just as filthy, and one thing men don't do is throw their maxipads and tampons on the floor for th whole world to see, so i have to say that the men's room was slightly cleaner.
Yikes, wally. Followed the link in your sig, clicked through a few pictures, and found this: RateARear.com - A Buttload of Free Fun For Everyone!

I think I'm permanently scarred.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It never really occured to me until a few days ago, but men and women don't seem to have a clue what really goes on in the opposite gender's bathroom.
There's no mystery as far as I'm concerned.A club I go to has unisex and I think more clubs/bars should go with this option.No-one has any problem with it and it solves the dilemma that guys like you have.
The urinal is the open trough design so guys that are shy use the cubicles but there never seem to be queues for them.
The only difference in the way different genders behave is that women spend a bit more time in front of the mirror.Maybe it's because they can get a look at the guys equipment without staring! :smile:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Male.

I have observed women generally spending much more time in the restrooms than men do. I think that is partially because relieving themselves requires more complicated removal of clothing than men as well as the need to use bulky stalls rather than urinals. But I also think women enjoy socializing in restrooms much more than men do.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Yikes, wally. Followed the link in your sig, clicked through a few pictures, and found this: RateARear.com - A Buttload of Free Fun For Everyone!

I think I'm permanently scarred.

Some of those comments on the photo were dreadful, e.g.

anonymous 42 said:
F*cking useless whore. You might want to ask someone to fist your intestines back up inside you. You are a dirty, offensive f*ck.
I didn't find the photo to be offensive wally and methinks no. 42 protests too much.:rolleyes:

Now I'm dying to see the hall of shame.

CPearl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Personally I'd have no problem with a crossdresser using the ladies restroom, it's not like we piss out in public, there are only cubicles in there and I tend to treat and think of someone on how I perceive them, if someone looks like a woman I treat them as a woman. However, I think that a crossdresser using the men's room might be subject to a lot of hostility or his using the room might be seen as an invitation to initiate some sort of sexual encounter.

I love you.

The biggest problem with women's restrooms is that most have been designed by men! There are never enough stalls, and that is what leads to the long lines...

I remember growing up hearing my mother and grandmother complain about how filthy women's restroom were.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had occasion to use men's bathrooms a few times. Once was at a senior prom-- I was dressed in a suit and I had very short hair so I made a credible high school boy. Mind you I wasn't at my normal school so only my date knew who I was. At any rate, I got some really bad looks and was ultimately chased out of the women's restroom even though I tried to explain that I was female. I had to use the men's room for the rest of the night.

Other times I've used the men's room because I really had to go and the line in the women's room was apallingly long. I really give less than a shit if I put a few men out by going into one of their unused stalls so I don't wet myself. Rude? Probably. I honestly think unisex bathrooms might make the whole thing a lot smoother-- or possibly one for each sex and a unisex bathroom as well.

I agree with those who say that a cross-dressing male should be able to use a women's room mainly because of my experience being a cross dressing female in the ladies room. I'd say the place where you blend in the most is your best bet as far as public restrooms go just to avoid any sort of confrontation so you can do your business in peace.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gender is performance. I have no problem whatsoever with a legal adult going in a cubicle in either sex's bathroom, or using a unisex bathroom.

It's the fathers who walk their little girls on their way to a cubicle quite close to the urinal wall, while most of them are in use, that get me. Perhaps I'm a little old-fashioned, but nudity is one thing, and micturation is another.

NCbear (who wishes more public bathrooms were designed with the baby changing tables AWAY from the urinal wall so he could avoid having to endure being pee shy around small children)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NCbear (who wishes more public bathrooms were designed with the baby changing tables AWAY from the urinal wall so he could avoid having to endure being pee shy around small children)

They have changing tables in the men's room where you are? Must be nice. My husband usually has to go out to the car to change the baby.

I'm a big fan of so-called family bathrooms. They are usually small (sometimes with just a locking door, no stalls), have kid-friendly things (low sinks, changing tables), will fit a stroller, and I can go in with my husband and kid.

However, I really don't think a 2-3 year old cares about your schlong, at least not any more than she cares about the urinal itself, and much, much less than she cares about, say, Elmo.